Starting High Protein, Low Carb Diet but need help!

• My weight loss doctor has put me on a low carb, high protein diet. She gave me a list of foods that I can and can't eat, but I am having trouble putting together recipes, snack items, etc. I am a big snacker and normally would eat a cookie or popcorn but I don't know what to substitute them with. Also, I have a big problem with being hungry all the time. She put me on Phenteramine but it only works some of the time. Any food suggestions that are simple (I have 2 year old twins so I don't have a lot of time for complicated recipes) and foods that are good for snacking? Also how do I manage my hunger
  • Hi, How low carb is your diet? Can you have nuts? I'm not a big snacker so if I need something I go for cheese, pickles, leftover cold meats or veggies and dip. I have one year old twins, and a two year old, so I know what you mean about busy I get so tired of feeding them and cleaning up after them I have no ambition to make anything special for myself. I usually chose a meat, chicken, pork beef or fish and a veggie, then make an extra pasta/rice/potato for the rest of the family. There is a recipe section on here but I haven't tried many of them for myself. The urge to snack should lessen along with the cravings for junk food or sweets once you lower your carbs.
  • You should look into getting a low carb recipe book.
    My favorite snack is monteray jack cheese (1 oz) with turkey pepperoni (17 slices/serving). Holds me over for 3-4 hours, too.
    Otherwise, I make a protein shake, which holds me over for quite a while due to 28 grams protien. And it's pretty quick: 1 cup ice, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup half & half (or cream), 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 scoop protein powder. Blend it all together and it's yum! I use chocolate protein powder.
  • Also, I have a lot of good low carb dinners. If you want some recipes message me!
  • well for starters if you are hungry you aren't eating enough protein, how about hard boiled eggs for snacks, or tuna salad, cheese sticks, pepperoni sticks, or just sliced meat (read labels some have more carbs and sodium than you would think)
  • How many carbs are you trying to eat per day? Net carbs (subtracting fiber) or regular?

Snacks

Hardboiled/deviled eggs
    1 oz cheese plus lunch meat
    lunch meat rolled with cream cheese
    smoked salmon, with cream cheese on cucumber slices
    Olives out of the jar

I like Muffins in a minute too (google recipe) can be savory or sweet.