3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/238599-help.html)

texasgirl1107 07-20-2011 07:14 AM

Help

Every time I go on a diet, I lose 10 lbs and stop. I yoyo between 170 and 175 for months. Now that I am eating low carb as a lifestyle, I'm doing the same and I'm pissed! This is the reason I give up every dang time!!:mad:
I don't know if it's the meds or what. I am on Zoloft {depression} and Coreg {blood pressure/heart palps} Any good ideas on what I can do to kick this crap into gear so that I can break this cycle and lose weight for once?

abluvion 07-20-2011 07:21 AM

Stop telling yourself that "every time" you change your eating, you fail. It sounds like that's become your inner mantra. Tell yourself you'll fail enough times, and you will! Start focusing on the reasons why you're doing this. Do you feel better? Do you want to get off your meds? Do you have other goals? Tell yourself you're worth it. Focus on how enjoyable this way of eating is. Do you love your food? Can you see yourself eating like this long-term? If so, there is no reason to go off plan. You're eating the food that nourishes you, that your body wants, and it tastes great!

Try focusing on your inner monologue for a while and see if that helps. Good luck!

Lovely 07-20-2011 07:21 AM

You lose 10 pounds and then give up?

How long does the "10 pound stall" last? Often times weight comes off quickly in the beginning and then settles into a slower pattern that differs from person to person.

For starters: It's only a lifestyle change if we don't quit. Ever. That means even if we get stuck at 10 pounds, we continue to eat healthier than we were. We continue to add in activity more than we were moving. It's better to maintain that 10 pound loss than to gain it back and then some!

Secondly, since we can't see what you eat every day or what you do, members are going to need a little more information.

You're low carb. How low carb, and is it any specific plan? Are you including certain kinds of carbs? Getting enough protein and fats in your day? How's your overall calorie count? Because while keeping carbs in check can DEFINITELY decrease calorie intake, if you're still eating too much low/no carb food you can still gain weight or stall out.

Give us some details, and maybe people will be able to chime in on problem areas they see.

In the meantime, the only way you're going to stop losing weight... is if you give up. Stick with it, and the weight will come off eventually. Give up forever, and it never will.

texasgirl1107 07-20-2011 11:18 AM

Oh no lol not giving up. I will post some more later.it's hard on my phone.thanks guys!

texasgirl1107 07-20-2011 08:33 PM

Normally, this is what I eat

2 pickled eggs, 2 sausage

pork rinds

chicken salad

celery with cream cheese

dinner is usually chicken or beef with veggies

I can't eat nuts of any kind. Gallbladder was removed and they bother my stomach along with skinned veggies, like peppers of all kinds.

I don't follow any plan, just stay low carb. I use south beach for the food list only.

abluvion 07-21-2011 08:21 AM

Is this what you are actually eating every day, or is this what you aim to eat? Often I'll make a meal plan and post about it, but then not actually eat that (I'll add in snacks or something). Like yesterday I had my meal plan shared but actually added dark chocolate and greek yogurt to it.

If this is what you are eating, you are certainly low-carb enough to see success. i feel like you could be eating more food, though, and certainly more vegetables. Ultimately, no one can tell you 100% what will work for you..... You have to play around with it and see what shakes your body up. Adding more fat? Adding a few more carbs? Upping the calories? Drinking more water? Watching your sodium?

texasgirl1107 07-21-2011 01:57 PM

Yes this is a normal day lol.i find things that work and tend to stay with it but I'm thinking I dont have enough like you suggest. Thanks for your help

morningglory2 08-25-2011 05:49 PM

Were you told you could eat pork rinds on the sugar busters diet. I am starting this diet with a friend, and he asked about pork rinds. Good luck on your weight loss.

luckyme0510 09-17-2011 07:05 PM

Pork rinds, sausage, eggs, and cream cheese all in one day when you've had your gallbladder removed isn't a good idea. Your is gallbladder is part of your digestive system and helps process fat, you should really be limiting your fats, maybe your body is trying to tell you something.

Maybe try just eating vegetables and lean meats. Diet high in fiber is recommended for people who have had their gallbladders removed. Hope this helps! ;)

allblueskys 09-26-2011 10:54 AM

Just cause you can have carbs dosnt mean you should go to town on the most unhealthy fats around.

Dieting is a lifestyle change so if you ever want to get off low carb you can consider never eating a sausage again.