Old 11-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Low Carbers--Would you post your fitday or a menu or two??

So I can see what you are eating? I am trying to keep my carbs at 25% or under 100 g and I am having limited success. I can hit 35% pretty consistently, but not 25% so I was wondering if you wise ones would help me and post your fitday link or a couple days of what you ate. I would be very grateful. Thanks!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I mostly eat the following:

breakfast: fried eggs and sausage/bacon
lunch: hamburger patty wrapped in lettuce (no bun) w/ mayo, mustard, onion, etc
dinner: taco salad (shredded lettuce with seasoned beef/chicken, sour cream, salsa, olives, guacamole, cheese, jalapenos etc)

You could easily adapt this to a lower cal/fat lifestyle by using egg whites, turkey bacon/sausage, turkey/veggie burgers, chicken instead of beef, low fat cheese etc.

Snacks for me are cheese sticks, whipped heavy cream with nutmeg in coffee, pepperoni slices, turkey slices, salami rollups (salami with cream cheese and peppers rolled up).

Pumpkin, cauliflower and spaghetti squash are awesome veggies. Pumpkin soup with sausage, mashed cauliflower (in place of mashed potatoes), spaghetti squash instead of noodles with sauce and meatballs (or turkey meatballs). Make a pot of your favorite chili (no beans!) and serve over grilled hot dogs/chicken/burgers with some cheese and a big side salad.

If you take big, leafy lettuce and your favorite lunch meat, you can spread mayo/mustard on a big lettuce leaf and pile it with cheese, lunch meat, tomato, and pretty much any other sandwich toppings and put another lettuce leaf on top. It's great and you won't even miss the bread!

I heard you can grate Jicama and fry it to make mock hashbrowns that are delicious and much lower in net carbs than potatoes (Jicama has a lot of carbs but a lot of fiber, so the net carbs aren't too bad.)

Phew! Sorry about the long post, hopefully it helped a bit.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote