Old 11-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/182/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Low Carb Make-Ahead?

I didn't find a thread on this, but I;m not very good at searching forums, lol, so I thought I'd start my own!

Do you prepare things ahead? Monday is my Sunday, I don't have to work until 10pm and since I didn't work the night before, I have all day to get things done. Today I made:

1lb of bacon (yay for ovens!)
9 boiled eggs (havent decided if they will be for munching or for salad)
chicken salad
tuna salad

for the rest of the week.. I think i might make some cheddar chips too, hopefully they will come out better than they did last week, lol!
LoveRyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

All the time- I find it easier to eat low carb when all my meals are as prepared as possible. This week I have soups prepared and tuna salad as well. The weather has been so hot/cold this week I'm prepared for both! lol.

Last edited by beerab; 11-01-2010 at 02:32 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/182/135

Height: 5'4"

mind sharing your soup recipes? I need more! Unfortunately, I'm limited on store-bought broths, since I;m allergic to MSG, i really need to figure out the "secret" to making my own, lol.
LoveRyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

I'm trying semi-low carb "Belly Fat cure". So I got food ready for the first part of the week last night. I boiled eggs, made some containers of brocoli and cheese, containers of chicken salad, pkgs of cheese, cut up celery and bought a rotisserie chicken. I think I am ready for the week. Had already lost 35lbs. Added 4 1/2 to it since starting BFC 1 1/2 weeks ago. Lots more energy and no headaches! Going to try to stick to this plan.
Wish you all well.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Most of the soups I make I find from sparkrecipes.com or right here on the south beach recipes. I do count carbs but I follow the south beach diet now and just try to get under 100 grams of carbs a day.

I'm not sure how strict your carb count is because I know some people who count carbs don't eat peas, etc.

I love to just buy a small bag of split peas, toss it in with like 8 cups of water, then let it simmer until the peas fall apart, then I add whatever I want, carrots, ham, etc. Also you can use whatever seasoning you like, I usually use the chicken cubes but I think they may have MSG. But you can probably use a bay leaf, some salt, pepper, and whatever else you like in your soups.

Soups are easy IMO, you just toss in what you like and let it cook

Last edited by beerab; 11-01-2010 at 02:33 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #6  
Eat Small

S/C/G: 317/232/157

Height: 5' 6"

The best broth is to brown a large piece of meat or a whole chicken, place in a crockpot with a few veggies and fill with water. Cook until the meat falls apart. Season the remaining broth to taste. A special treat for me is to add a dash of cream to a cup of hot broth...tastes like creamed soup and is so comforting and great when sick and not wanting to eat.
elisaannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #7  
Eat Small

S/C/G: 317/232/157

Height: 5' 6"

I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot. Strip off the meat for the week (chicken salad, chicken chili, chicken and romaine rollups) and use the broth for sauces. I will do this with any large piece of meat too.

I take sliced deli meat and smear with a cream cheese mixture (add chives, seasonings, chopped olives) and roll up and eat whole or cut into pinwheel slices for snacks.

I make a batch of deviled eggs (I love them with caviar on top) Vary with seasoning...I love curried eggs.

Meatballs! Any kind. Always great for a quick meal. I keep them frozen, easy to thaw and heat.

I keep 4 squirt bottles filled with flavoured mayo. You know, those plastic picnic bottles for ketchup and mustard. Fill with mayo and season, so that you have a sauce to add to meat or salad veggies. Garlic, onion, curry, paprika, horseradish, mustard...whatever you fancy. Good to put a squiggle of mayo on hot or cold meats.

Cabbage rolls. All meat and cabbage. Always a good meal.

Chili, curry, stew, soups. Any combination of meat and LC veggies is always a good bet. A pot can last several meals.

Egg cake. This is taking a dozen eggs, some cream, salt and if you like, chives, beat together and pour into a glass pan greased in butter or coconut oil and bake until set. You can add meat if you like. I like to grab a square of this, wrap it in a piece of lettuce or put between two slices of salami for a quick on the go breakfast or lunch.

Being prepared is being successful.
elisaannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: See signature.

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaannh View Post
I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot. Strip off the meat for the week (chicken salad, chicken chili, chicken and romaine rollups) and use the broth for sauces. I will do this with any large piece of meat too.

I take sliced deli meat and smear with a cream cheese mixture (add chives, seasonings, chopped olives) and roll up and eat whole or cut into pinwheel slices for snacks.

I make a batch of deviled eggs (I love them with caviar on top) Vary with seasoning...I love curried eggs.

Meatballs! Any kind. Always great for a quick meal. I keep them frozen, easy to thaw and heat.

I keep 4 squirt bottles filled with flavoured mayo. You know, those plastic picnic bottles for ketchup and mustard. Fill with mayo and season, so that you have a sauce to add to meat or salad veggies. Garlic, onion, curry, paprika, horseradish, mustard...whatever you fancy. Good to put a squiggle of mayo on hot or cold meats.

Cabbage rolls. All meat and cabbage. Always a good meal.

Chili, curry, stew, soups. Any combination of meat and LC veggies is always a good bet. A pot can last several meals.

Egg cake. This is taking a dozen eggs, some cream, salt and if you like, chives, beat together and pour into a glass pan greased in butter or coconut oil and bake until set. You can add meat if you like. I like to grab a square of this, wrap it in a piece of lettuce or put between two slices of salami for a quick on the go breakfast or lunch.

Being prepared is being successful.
OH my gosh. You are my new hero. I'm copying this down.
AliceInFatland is offline   Reply With Quote