Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/186/140

Default day three of eating low carb having syptoms help!

I'm on day three of eating under at least 60 grams of carbs and fat under 34g and cal intake is about 1000. I'm experiencing a little leg cramps today and going to the bathroom a lot I can drink my FF lattie or water or my diet iced tea and I'm still noticing that I going a lot. Any idea on it could be or will it subside?
demetrismoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #2  

If you are doing low carb, you will go a lot in the beginning. Carbs cause our body to retain 4g of water for ever 1 g of carbs. Its normal with any diet. You are also taking in caffine with the latte and iced tea - a dieuretic. Try drinking 2 cups of water for every cup of those. I get leg cramps when I am dehydrated from exercise and don't drink enough plain water.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/186/140

QuilterinVA,

I'm drinking a lot of caffeine beverages to keep myself from feeling hungry until I pass the phase of feeling tired, hungry etc... I shouldn't feel hungry after 4 -5 days later I have 2 more days to go.
demetrismoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #4  

Hi I have been on south beach for 5 days and yes i go more often but have been drinking lots of water so put it down to that My other notisable change was tiredness go to bed at 9.30 now instead of 11.30 But losing so I don't mind Have stocked up for next week lol Violet
luvs_violets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetrismoore View Post
QuilterinVA,

I'm drinking a lot of caffeine beverages to keep myself from feeling hungry until I pass the phase of feeling tired, hungry etc... I shouldn't feel hungry after 4 -5 days later I have 2 more days to go.
Gosh, you really need to be eating more -- not just more calories, but more fat. I know it sounds hard to believe but CARBS make you fat -- fat does not make you fat. Your carbs should come from green veggies or other lower carb veg (NOT corn, potatoes, etc.). Fruit should be moderate and when eating fruit stick to berries and the like mainly. You are not eating enough at all.

If you would simply follow a plan like Atkins induction you could eat until you are full and still lose weight. After a couple weeks, add in some more carbs. Good luck!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Do add some calcium to your diet for the leg cramps. If you buy tablets get the ones with Vit D.

And just wondering, why so little fat? I am not sure how much you weigh or how old you are but unless you have less than 20 pounds to loose or are post menopause I don't think that low carb and low calorie will help you lose weight faster.

Last edited by nancymae; 09-06-2010 at 05:34 PM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote