3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Primal / Paleo Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/207257-primal-paleo-recipes.html)

srmb60 07-30-2010 11:26 AM

Last night I made zucchini, onion and tomato in butter with a bit of garlic.

This morning I warmed up the left over (in more butter) and added three eggs. It was delicious!

canadianwoman 08-09-2010 10:21 AM

I tried these last night for dinner. They were quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lBy8kOD78E

wildviolets 08-18-2010 05:50 PM

I got this from some website (can't quite remember where). Anyway, I had a crepe in France with ham and gruyere cheese once and it was fabulous. I've been reading a book which references all kinds of french food and got me hankering for the crepes. So here goes...

Low Carb Ham & Cheese Crepes
Ingredients:
1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
2 large eggs

Directions:
Whisk ricotta and eggs very well. Heat butter in a nonstick pan. Add 2 T of mixture in small frying pan and tilt till it covers whole surface. Only leave on for a few minutes ....until you can flip with a rubber spatula. Cook on other side for maybe a minute. Add a thin slice of ham and cheese, fold and warm on both sides.

Very primal I think....if you do dairy that is. My son ate them with honey.

Ilene 08-20-2010 09:49 AM

Pork Chops with Mushroom Cream Sauce

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky1946 (Post 3445372)
I found this recipe for pork chops that I used to make after I took some cooking classes. My husband asked for it and I told him I am sure it must have some thickener in it to make it a no-no. But I was wrong....

Pork Chops with Mushroom Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

4-4oz pork chops (less than 1/2 inch thick) center-cut, boneless is best
6-8 button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp olive oil (I think I am going to use bacon grease)

Method: Heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add mushrooms and saute until just golden. Remove mushrooms to a plate.

Add remaining oil to skillet, sprinkle chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Place in hot skillet and sauté about 4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.

Pour out excess oil. Add wine to hot skillet and scape up bits on bottom of pan. Cook (at full boil) until the wine has reduced by half. Add cream and simmer another 4-7 minutes until sauce has thickened. Return mushrooms to the sauce. Taste for salt and pepper. Pour hot sauce over chops and serve.

Note: Do not "sauté" chops more than 1" thick. Brown and put these in 350` oven for 10-15 min. Variation: Exclude mushrooms, add 1 1/2 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard to cream before adding to skillet. You could also replace the white wine with 1/3 cup chicken broth - it does not need to reduce before the cream is added.

Even my picky no-meat daughter loves these.

Cheers,
Sandy

a

srmb60 08-20-2010 11:01 AM

Fresh Peach Salsa

2 peaches
2 slices of onion
balsamic vinegar
lime juice
a pinch of salt

Ilene 09-12-2010 02:40 PM

Primal Rosemary Olive Oil Cake

Ilene 09-20-2010 05:42 PM

I made this egg drop soup today and it was really good DH liked it a lot too... I had a couple of missing ingredients such as chicken broth, I just used water. I also didn't have any sesame seed oil so I ground up some sesame seeds and added it to the soup... It was delish :hun:

walking2lose 09-20-2010 06:26 PM

Ilene - that looks yummy! Did you use corn starch? I wonder if that's carby?

Ilene 09-20-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walking2lose (Post 3488444)
Ilene - that looks yummy! Did you use corn starch? I wonder if that's carby?

I used corn starch and it has about 2g per 1 tbsp, there are 3 tbsps in the whole pot of soup....

Ilene 01-12-2011 09:36 AM

Another good recipe Homemade Mayonnaise

ChicoryCat 01-12-2011 10:05 AM

Lunch temptation today - I think I can say "no thanks".

OK, I have a personal challenge today.

I work at an elementary school with an on-site cook (who weighs over 350). She is a fabulous cook, but I have been eating her lunches only very selectively because they are often high starch high fat. Today she is making turkey gravy over rice with homemade dinner rolls and butter. Absolutely a favorite of mine, but I haven't had it in a long time.

My significant other is doing some volunteer work on campus today and is planning to order lunch. I have decided to eat lunch from home because I have some excellent leftover roast pork I can eat with a salad.

I've gotten back to low carb eating after the holidays and I don't want to waste a day off on school lunch. I'd rather save it for a dinner with friends some time.

OK, I think writing this has helped me find the resolve I will need!

Ilene 01-12-2011 10:14 AM

Chicory :welcome: to Primal/Paleo/low carb eating... Join us at Primal/Paleo Jan 2011 for some great support and motivation...

Ilene 01-12-2011 06:48 PM

Another nice recipe :

Italian Sausage seasoning
o 1 teaspoon black pepper,
o 2 teaspoons dried parsley,
o 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning,
o 1 teaspoon garlic powder ( you can use 2 tablespoons fresh garlic in place of the powder),
o 3/4 teaspoon crushed anise seeds ( can use crushed dried fennel seeds),
o 1/2 teaspoon paprika,
o 1 teaspoon minced dried onions (you can sub 1 small chopped onion for the dried),
o 2 teaspoons salt.
o Optional: 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes ( can use more if desired)
Knead into 2 lbs of ground pork, make patties and fry.

srmb60 01-13-2011 02:03 PM

From my friend who is celiac.

Caesar Dressing: Make homemade mayonnaise with four fresh egg yolks and two tablespoons of either apple cider vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon in a food processor. Process and drizzle about a cup or more extra light olive oil. Stop when you see it gets nice and thick. I never pre-measure. Add salt and a tablespoon of dijon mustard. That's your mayonnaise. Caesar Dressing next.

Add fresh garlic (to taste - we like LOTS), parmesan cheese, pepper and spices that you like. You can add anchovies if you like them. Add a little water so it becomes runny like a dressing instead of thick like mayonnaise. Delish!

Risssa 02-20-2011 08:43 PM

Brownies
http://www.elanaspantry.com/brownies/

But yesterday I used maple syrup and used a 1/3 of what they were asking for (1/4 if you half the recipe or 3/4 or you follow the recipe as is) and they were just as delicious.

Yes it uses natural sugar, but it is loaded with protein and healthy fat.