Old 06-13-2010, 03:44 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Low carb Jewish food?

One of my goals is that when I go to Israel in January, God willing, I will be slim.

I'm currently enjoying Neris and India's IPD low carb WOE so much, that I truly can imagine it as a lifestyle for life. To be honest, not just because of the weightloss and the skin and mental benefits but (TIM alert) because I've lost all embarrassing gassy noises: not that anything escapes me when I'm in public but I have had very noisy insides after eating for years, in fact since the first time I went to Israel, 25 years ago, and I came back with an intestinal bug that has screwed up my insides ever since.

This trip is a taste-and-see tour for potential pilgrimage leaders, and I have to share a room with a colleague; in addition to wanting to maintain a WOE, I Really, Really want to avoid any bathroom embarrassment.

So: what kind of food might I expect in Jewish hotels? Actually, I think the Jerusalem hotel is Arab, the next one Jewish. I have no recollection of the food at all - except Don't touch the camel-burgers! - but wondered what might be available as 'traditional dishes'. These are budget hotels, not high-end, fancy menu places.
Any thoughts, please?
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #2  

You can expect what you would on a Mediterranean diet... more or less. Lots of great salad (really great) a lot of chicken in different forms, fruit galore. You can also get humus, tahini and so on, but you don't have to, and if you are worried about noisy digestion, I would stay away from the humus.
Joanne29 is offline   Reply With Quote