Having a hard time

• I had done Atkins back in 2003-2004 for my wedding. I was successful with it & enjoyed it. I learned that Carbs are my downfall. That is pretty much all we eat. I decided that it is time to drop some weight again. I did gain some weight back but not all of it in the last 6 yrs. I am doing my own low carb thing but broke out my Atkins book & realized that what I am doing is pretty much the diet. I have ate a carrot here & there & a few other vegis that it says not to while in the introduction stage. Other then that I am doing good except the fact that my belly is always growling at me. Yesterday I broke down & grabed a Diet Pop to see if it will help stop my belly growling. It is better but still not happy. Before I started the diet water is pretty much all I drank (other then the Homemade wine on weekends) I am not loosing like I did the 1st time I dieted. I started at 148 lost a lb gained 2lbs (AF) I am now at 146 after starting on June 3rd (a little more then a week ago) I know loosing slow is ideal but I remember it coming off faster then this the last time & do not remember being hungry all the time the last time. I need to get a grip on this or I will end up giving up.
  • Come and join us here
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...imal-june.html

We're a pretty diverse crowd but fun and smart
  • Maybe your fat intake is too low, fat seems to be what keeps me from that constant hunger thing. Sounds like you're doing great!
  • I agree, more fat and protein. You can't live on veggies alone. I use virgin (first pressed) olive oil everyday to be sure my fat intake is where it needs to be.
  • Thanks Susan I think I'll check it out.

Knowing what I have been eating makes it hard to believe that it is a lack of protein & fat but I will try to eat more. I dropped another lb which makes me happy. I just need to get past feeling hungry all the time. I eat till I am full then (like Chinese food) half hour later I am hungry again. This morning we went to a breakfast buffet & ate too much. I felt like I was busting at the seems & now its a little more then an hour later & my belly is starting to tell me that it could use more food.
  • What does you daily menu look like?
  • I do eggs every morning. Sometimes I will make bacon or sausage with them. I eat alot of pork, steak, chicken. I need to eat more fish. Being summer we have hamburgers, hot dogs, & brats. I eat carrots, gr beans, peas & salads with very little ranch dressing. Summer sausage, cheese & carrots are usually what I grab for a snack.