3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Oh yes! We'll be Primal in May! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/200764-oh-yes-well-primal-may.html)

CJZee 05-07-2010 01:16 PM

Hi everyone ... been lurking on this thread for awhile and wonder if I might join in??!!

I am interested in the carb contest. Count me in! CJ

BibBob 05-07-2010 01:50 PM

That's three entries! I've been doing about 50 grams of carb a day. My goal is 25 a day for the weekend. I either do something like this or I will water fast. :)

I wanna be lean so bad. I was just reading Mark's Daily Apple. He did two great posts for people with bad backs. I tried to do his exercises and just smashed the tennis balls beneath my weight. sigh...

kaplods 05-07-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibBob (Post 3281688)
That's three entries! I've been doing about 50 grams of carb a day. My goal is 25 a day for the weekend. I either do something like this or I will water fast. :)

I wanna be lean so bad. I was just reading Mark's Daily Apple. He did two great posts for people with bad backs. I tried to do his exercises and just smashed the tennis balls beneath my weight. sigh...

I tried similar exercises with a tennis ball a while back, and had the same problem. I buy larger balls now - about 6" balls from dollar stores. If you have a Dollar Tree, I bought some with pictures of wild animals on them, that seem to be working great (some last longer than others, but I've never gotten hurt, they just lose air until they're useless).

CJZee 05-07-2010 05:26 PM

I have a hard foam roller, so I'm going to give that a whirl. I hurt my thoracic spine in a car accident a couple of years ago and I bought half foam rollers to support my back when I sit (I use them like little hard pillows). At the time, I bought a full round roller too, but it's too big for the pillow stuff -- should work great for this exercise though.

koceank29 05-07-2010 05:39 PM

Ooh.. I'm definitely in on the contest! Guess I'll break out the old pen and pad. Great idea, I've got a bit of a competitive streak so I'll definitely be mindful of everything I put in my mouth this weekend! I'd like to stick to under 20, can't wait to see how I do!

CJZee 05-07-2010 06:36 PM

Sat. and Sun. I'm going to stay under 30 grams net carbs. Today I'm at 50 with the following:

Breakfast
tomatoes sprinkled with sea salt
feta cheese

Lunch
baked chicken breast
sauteed spinach & cannellini beans
roasted red tomatoes

Dinner
turkey sausage
cottage cheese
seaweed salad
fage yogurt
unsweetened almond milk
unsweetened cocoa (mixed with yogurt & almond milk for dessert)

srmb60 05-07-2010 07:39 PM

Hi CJZee! Welcome!

We're having all the kids and our grandbaby tomorrow. I'm working so DH is cooking. I'll decline the contest but promise to be good.

We had to run some errands up in Mennonite country this afternoon. Our supper was a bag of nuts and locally made pepperettes. Yum! I'm pretty sure this gin and tonic isn't primal ;)

Ilene 05-07-2010 09:00 PM

Wow, you guys can do 20-30g carbs :faint: that is amazing, I have a difficult time sticking between 50-100g... I'll do the best I can...

BibBob 05-07-2010 11:27 PM

I'm having another sick day, worse than the previous one. I have a slight sore throat and I'm running a low grade fever -- 100 degrees, feeling weak and tired. It's a 8:30 here and I have no interest in a late snack. I think a hot shower and in bed early are in order.

Too bad the contest didn't start today. I had two eggs, a pile of spinach, a wonderful rib eye finished in red wine deglaze that must have added 5-7 grams of carbs. Total is under 20 grams today. Wish I felt better. Ah that ain't right. ust remembered a couple handfuls of almonds while I was cooking. Not sure what the count is on that, but it probably puts me just over 20 carbs.

Ilene 05-07-2010 11:55 PM

Hope you feel better soon Bob. Tomorrow morning for breakfast I am making avocado chocolate pudding, I'm so looking forward to it...with 2 eggs... I can't wait, I'm very hungry right now, I should go to bed...

BibBob 05-08-2010 12:53 AM

Thanks Ilene, I'm a little groggy doing some reading and when I read that post, I guess some dyslexic haze came over me because I thought I read you were excited about having vodka chocolate pudding and eggs for breakfast. Maybe Susan just got me thinking. :)

srmb60 05-08-2010 05:59 AM

Good morning!

I'm trying to not fitday for a few days and see what happens.

Ilene ... you are active and so should have a few more carbs. Don't worry about 50-100! Expecially if you lift and jog. As I recall, you got pretty nice results in April.

Bob ... sip sip sip for that fever. Should I warn Bob that I'm a nurse and a mother? It takes a lot of your body's resources to fight illness (especially if you are not in optimal health like most of us 40 somethings are not). Spread your foods out a little better today and make sure your exercise is gentle and your rest is good. Get rid of that bug and then give'er to fat loss again.

Everybody else! Have fun with your challenge!

CJZee 05-08-2010 08:21 AM

I have heard you lose more fat when you do your aerobic exercise before you eat in the a.m. I'm going to swim laps this morning and eat after ... if I can hold out! The pool doesn't open until 10 a.m.

koceank29 05-08-2010 08:32 AM

CJZee, I've heard that as well since your body is forced to burn fat rather than available carbs. I'm a swimmer too, have fun, I'm jealous!

Ilene: I keep my carbs super low because I'm really trying to lose the lbs! I'm very active but I have a lot more weight to lose than you! You should keep your carbs with what works for you! Yummy Choc.Avocado Pudding! Avocados are so cheap right now where I live, I've been stocking up!

BibBob 05-08-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB (Post 3282427)
Bob ... sip sip sip for that fever. Should I warn Bob that I'm a nurse and a mother?.

Are we still talking about vodka and gin? :D

I assume you're referring to lots of fluids, water, broth, etc... right, nursemother? hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB (Post 3282427)
Everybody else! Have fun with your challenge!

:(

I've pretty much decided to pass on the birthday party. I think it's rude to go if I'm sick, but I am getting contrary opinions from family that wants me there. Ugh. I rarely gets colds and flus. This is the first in 2 and a half years. At least I was warned it could happen. My kid has a slight sore throat and had it before I went down harder than her, so this may have little to do with the change in diet. Anyway... have a good weekend all.