3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Day 8, no progress (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/198372-day-8-no-progress.html)

awlass 04-02-2010 01:47 PM

Day 8, no progress

I started low carbing (atkins induction foods w/o limiting to only 20nc/day) on last friday.
The first day I lost 3.4lb water, but ever since then Ive been stuck at 302-303. only tiny fluctuations between those two numbers.
I walk daily until im exhausted (been advised by dr to not try jogging or any other heavy exercise until my BP is under controll).

I get my BP checked each friday. The last 3 measurements were 180/80, 160/88, and today (after LCing!) 124/92. Systolic is great! but my diastolic could seriously use some help.

Any tips what i could do to get that scale moving???

getittogether 04-02-2010 08:18 PM

I just going to give you my advise as if it were me so please, please don't take this the wrong way. If I were dealing with a high BP situation I think maybe an atkins diet might not be the first choice. I really like just plain old fashion eating healthy. Lots of veg, lean meat, no booze or little boooze. Healthy amounts of fruit and some good sweating. I find that low carb diets are a bit too restrictive for a lifestyle change. I've had great luck with WW becasue you can eat healthy and nothing is a big no no. Just be accountalbe. At your current weight you really should be able to have some pretty good weight loss. Drink at least 100 ounces of water each day and just eat very clean. Skip anything in a box. This week try a little special K and a yogurt for breakfast. Progresso WW soup and a small sandwhich for lunch. Skip the mayo and and cheese. I like turkey and sprouts and tomatoe. For dinner maybe some lean chicken with loads of roasted veggies. Snack on Veggies, or a fiber one bar, or some string cheese. Try to get moving at least three times this week and let's see how you do at the end of a week. I bet you willbe happy with the results.

LaLaurie 04-05-2010 02:26 PM

If you're in touch with your doctor and he okays low carbs, then stay the course. A lot of people don't weigh every day, but once a week or even once a month. Try this and it should be less frustrating.

JerseyGyrl 04-06-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awlass (Post 3229661)
I started low carbing (atkins induction foods w/o limiting to only 20nc/day) on last friday.

Would you mind posting a typical day's menu?

JerseyGyrl 04-06-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getittogether (Post 3230085)
I really like just plain old fashion eating healthy. Lots of veg, lean meat, no booze or little boooze. Healthy amounts of fruit and some good sweating.

You just described Atkins perfectly....when done correctly.