3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Primal In April (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/198275-primal-april.html)

srmb60 04-01-2010 08:53 AM

Primal In April

And now .... it begins!

Good morning this first day of April!

Today, the first day of this primal month I weighed 129.6 lbs
chest 35.5 inches
waist 27.75 inches
hips 37 inches

I got well over 7 hours of sleep and it's going to be easy to get some sun when I go for my walk this morning.

midwife 04-01-2010 09:52 AM

Oh, just found this thread now! I'm in!! Got the book last night....opened the box while I was eating Dominos (don't ask, long story)....so I skipped the scale today cause I know I'm retaining about 3 lbs of water. I'll use yesterday morning's weigh in as my start.

Hmm....I think I shall make a ticker!

wendyland 04-01-2010 10:20 AM

I'd love to know what everyone's meal plans are.

I'm having a protein shake for breakfast because we are low on groceries. It's chocolate whey protein that is sweetened with stevia only. I added about 4 strawberries and some cinnamon and extra cream.

I'll probably have salad and chicken for lunch. Maybe pork chops and broccoli for dinner. I have some raw pecans that I soaked and dried for a snack.

I'm weighing in at 234. My waist is 44. I may take other measurements later today, but waist is most important to me right now.

CheekyMo27 04-01-2010 10:22 AM

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to be starting this with you all.

I'm not going to measure my progress by the scale. Instead, I'm going to track my measurements (which I took two weeks ago and posted on my blog) and see where I'm at by the end of April. Also, I'm going to measure by how well I fit into two pairs of jeans. One of them is a bit too tight in my butt and thighs. The other gives me a muffin top - I'm hoping to get rid of both those problems by the end of the month!

As I said before, my goals are to eliminate wheat and sugar, and have no more than one serving of a starchy carb like rice, quinoa or rice noodles per day - if that. I also need to limit my alcohol intake ... that will be tough. Lifting heavy things must be done at least twice a week, if not three times, and lots of long, slow cardio.

And so it begins!

Good luck everyone!

Fressca 04-01-2010 10:25 AM

April 1 - here we go!

Weight: 172.6

Measurements:
Bust: 40
Chest: 36
Waist: 39
Hips: 43
Left Thigh: 23
Right Thigh: hoping it's the same as Left Thigh...maybe not...

Yikes, loads of room for improvement.

So far, so good. Primal foods only, and I've had a brisk walk, 20 minutes, no "chronic cardio". I'm on Chapter 2 of the book. Like Susan, I'm ridiculously excited about this, but that gives me pause; I've been ridiculously excited about weight loss/health stuff before (maybe even more than once before....!)

srmb60 04-01-2010 10:27 AM

So far just a scoop of coconut milk (with a sppon, out of the can) and cream in my coffee. I have a bit of a headache so I haven't cooked anything yet.

I did go for a walk outside. I'll post what I ate when I get home from work tonight.

midwife 04-01-2010 10:34 AM

Clearly I need to read the book. But my initial approach includes avoiding grains (DS is making a cake for Easter so I will partake that day), lifting 3X a week, and throwing intervals into my running to avoid steady state. No alcohol (easy). I think legumes will be a sticking point for me at this time. Small steps....

Ilene 04-01-2010 11:18 AM

:woohoo: and it begins.... Weight 152... I don't know my measurements off hand I am at work...

odirish 04-01-2010 03:37 PM

I'm new here and have been emailing Mark back and forth about primal. I am ordering the book. When I recieve it, can I join in? I have to admit that I don't know alot about it though. For now if it's ok, I'd like to follow along.

Mary Ann

srmb60 04-01-2010 08:02 PM

You are very very welcome!

There's a good little bit of info on the website. Certainly enough to get you going.

Ilene 04-01-2010 08:36 PM

:welcome: Mary Ann :wave:

srmb60 04-01-2010 11:21 PM

OK day one.

scambled eggs with ground pork/beef in butter and coconut oil

cream in my coffee

tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, shrimp, ground beef/pork, almonds, greek dressing with feta

hard boiled eggs, cream cheese

beer

I walked a lot.

Ilene 04-01-2010 11:33 PM

Meals:
1. blueberries, ground flax, bran buds (i know bran buds are not primal, but i really like them) , 1oz walnuts, 1/4c yogurt
2. oh i forgot about this muffin mid morning :mad:
3. green pepper
4. cauliflower soup, 2 eggs, shredded cabbage
5. 6" wrap with lots of veggies, bacon, 1 slice each ham and chicken, mayonnaise
6. Greek salad with chicken and feta, olives and olive oil dressing

2 glasses of wine

I did not exercise , I travelled today... Not the best day Primal food wise... Tomorrow will be better...

Fressca 04-02-2010 03:55 PM

I was primal all day yesterday until dinner, which was a fail... we were out and I planned to have Orange Roughy wrapped in pancetta with a red pepper couli (doesn't that sound good?) - but the restaurant was out of it. I did start out with a salad, but my main course involved pasta, I'm afraid to say. I'm chalking it up to the 80% rule.

I am feeling *great*, however; even when I'm hungry, it's not that ravenous gotta-eat-something-carby-right-now feeling.

Today's plan:

B: none (I don't know if he discusses intermittent fasting in the book (I'm on Chapter 3) but he does on the website
L: green tea, chicken salad, olive oil & vinegar dressing
S: almond butter
D: chicken souvlaki, broccoli w/butter

We're in the middle of a kitchen renovation right now, so cooking at home is a bit challenging; we have no appliances, sink, etc. Thankfully the weather is nice enough that we can BBQ.

ETA: Hi Mary Ann!

srmb60 04-02-2010 08:19 PM

Today was a wonderful mix of church and family :) My exercise was play!

Cream in my coffee and a hard boiled egg
Communion ;)
Real mozzerella
Greek salad, deep fried turkey, ribs, deep fried fish, a few french fries
Diet coke and beer

That's the most "overt" carbs I've had in a long time and (as you'd imagine) I'd just about knock you over for some ice cream or crackers.