Old 02-22-2010, 06:02 AM   #1  
Gone for now!

Talking Low Carb Rules! :)

I've been on the low carb diet for a week and 1/2 - 2 weeks now and I'm having no trouble at all! When I get bread cravings (I'm a bread addict) I just have low carb bread and that fixes it right up just fine. And when I have sweet cravings I just have a couple of pieces of sugar free candy or a half a cup of sugar free ice cream. I've been doing really well so far, I've already lost 12 pounds and an inch and a half off my waist.

12 down 74 to go.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or recipes for me...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Starify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Some of the best low carb recipes on the net can be found here: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html
As for suggestions, personally, I avoid things like low carb bread and particularly sugar-free candy & ice cream....but....to each their own
All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #3  
Gone for now!

Thanks so much I really appreciate it~
And I mostly try to stay away from them, as well...but only when I have strong cravings do I eat them.

Also, I applaud you for being on Atkins for so long!
Starify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starify View Post
Also, I applaud you for being on Atkins for so long!
Thank you Its a true lifestyle change for me.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Goal: 140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I would like to comment. If you are having cravings you should avoid even the "replacement" foods because they may help your cravings hang around longer than if you just buckled down and stayed away from the foods all together. Just my 2 cents )
Catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I totally agree with Catmandu! I have been tweaking my diet and adding things like low carb bread and tortillas cookies things like that and I find I want more of them!! It really is hard to get away from them! I was using low carb bread everyday and I tried cutting down to one slice for a sandwhich and that sort of thing but its just as addicting as the regular "white" breads!! But if they don't bother you and you can just have a slice here and there then thats awesome. My body says no way!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote