Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Default Rough week

Last week (well actually I divide mine up in 10 day increments) was really rough for me. Between the cold (that I still have!), the heat and my ToM I just could not seem to stay motivated to exercise.

I exercised the 8th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 15th instead of every day...so I skipped 3 days.

I also had two days that I went over my self-allotted 30 carbs per day (34 and 37). One of them because I had a small cup of chicken noodle soup (this stupid cold) and the other because I made my husband's favorite dinner, a ham and swiss casserole made with fresh ham chunks, mushrooms, peas, parsley, jarlsberg swiss cheese, salt, pepper, a cup of roux (whole wheat flour, butter, milk - used to 'bind' it) and white rice. It smelled heavenly. I ate a single serving of it instead of the 2 or 3 servings I used to eat and had a salad...it tasted wonderful but OMG it sat in my stomach like a rock. I will NOT be doing that again.

Even so I still lost another pound and another inch in my waist. I don't seem to be losing lots of weight like I was in the beginning but overall body size is going down, especially in my waist. I actually have a waist now. I also got to add another $10 to my 'bank' ($10 for every pound lost).

I went to lunch yesterday with a friend who hasn't seen me lately and she asked me if I'd been dieting or something because my body and especially my face looked thinner. Then she asked me what my diet was like...then told me she'd die if she tried it because she's a sugar addict. Like that's any harder than being a salt and carb addict <points at self>.

Anyway, I finally stopped my ToM yesterday (well, still spotting but the swelling and pain is gone), so I managed to get myself to the gym for an hour. Woke up late today and can't go do my weight circuit but I've already got the mini weights and ball out so I can do other stuff here. Motivation is back....I just hope it doesn't fly out the window every month Aunt Flo comes.

Sorry this was so long I just needed to air out some frustrations with myself.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #2  

I remember those TOM days...a real motivation buster. Sounds to me like you did really well, especially with a cold. Keep up the good work you've been doing!
CarolMarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #3  

Thank you Carol. I mostly just needed to vent. I absolutely hate TOM. My extremeties (especially my feet and ankles) swell to the point of being painful. I get hot flashes. I have massive cramps and feel nauseated. I have a continuous headache and feel achy all over my entire body.

So yeah, I just needed to vent. But I very much appreciate the words of encouragement.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Wow. It doesn't sound like you went too far of plan my love. You are pretty rough on yourself! On the plus side....you did lose and lost an inch too.

I loathe TOM. Since I am perimeno I started having two periods a month back in April. Just hateful since I have now started having cravings right before (whereas previously I was just more on the hungry side). Dr. is more frustrated than me as we have scheduled 5 pap smear appts. in the past 3 months and each time my period starts the morning of or the night before.

Onward and upward though. You seem to be doing GREAT!!!!

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Hi Snapless!

You are doing great! Just like SC said, you are being hard on yourself and you are doing everything you need to in order to take care of yourself, which is what this is all about, right? Keep up the great work!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:56 PM   #6  

Yeah I know I'm hard on myself...but I feel I have to be or I just won't stay motivated.

This whole pre-meno thing means my ToM is really painful which makes me gripy (understatement?). It was just a rough week (to me) and I needed to vent.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. This week is 200% better!

As I posted in another thread:

Quote:
Peeked at the scales this morning (official weigh in for me isn't until the 26th) and I broke 170! 169 lbs. as of this morning!

Probably not a big deal to you all but with all the off-and-on dieting I've done over the last few years...I was never able to make it past my own personal 170-175 lb. plateau without throwing in the towel and gaining back everything I'd lost, so this is a HUGE deal to me.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

That is totally awesome and I COMPLETELY understand. If I get into the 220's that will be HUGE for me, so I understand how the 160's could be so important to you. It might seem like a just a number, but it's much, much more than that!

You are an inspiration for me to keep going low carb in spite of all the misconceptions and negativity about it from others!

Keep it up!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:36 AM   #8  

It's amazing how much a number can mean to someone...I can't even count the times I've seen the scales drop down to the 170s and then stick there long enough for me to give up.

You'll hit that 220 mark Sunrose, you are SO close and doing awesomely!

I lost 20 lbs. in the first four weeks then hit 181 lbs. and a slight plateau for two weeks, losing only about 1 lb. every week (I weigh every 10 days). This last weigh in I lost 5 lbs. and this week I seem to be losing drastically again, maybe time for me to up my net carb intake past 30. To put it in perspective:

My Weight Chart:

While I want the extra baggage gone off my body, I don't want to lose too fast and suffer from saggy skin or gaunt face. My goal is not to be skinny, it is to be healthy and fit.

Last edited by snapless; 07-20-2008 at 02:39 AM.