Old 06-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone? TMI

So i randomly have mid cycle spotting this month. I've been on the same pill for about 6 years and have never had any.

I just looked up mid cycle bleeding and found SO many posts about low carb diets correlating with midcycle spotting.

Weird huh?
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I had an IUD placed about 4 months ago and have been spotting almost continually since. Yesterday the combination of sweat and movement made the liner chafe. It's getting old and I feel your pain.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Too much information? Not at all!

I have heard any number of reasons for this obvious fluctuation in hormones.

Increased animal products is one (hormones etc) and also just a sudden change in the diet or increased fat burning have been listed as reasons.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #4  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

weight loss in general fools around with the body, especially hormones. i have 2 friends who lost some weight, and with it they lost some hair.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

In my experience its weightloss in general that causes such things. I have a progesterone implant which should control my cycles so I don't have periods. However I have noticed that when I lose quickly I start spotting.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #6  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

I recently had some similar problems and saw the doc who explained to me as we hit perimenopausal years the low dose pills (20 ug) will cause spotting, or ongoing bleeding due to our diminished estrogen levels. I assumed perimenopausal signs were TOM spaced further apart but apparently anything goes including a 3 week TOM. I was just bumped up to a higher dose pill (30 ug) and so far so good- just an upcoming ultrasound to make sure nothing else is going on.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Hi Lifechange, I hope you don't mind me asking but how old are you? I'm 44 and my Dr has not mentioned perimenopause to me yet.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #8  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

Hi I am 42 this year. I don't think they start mentioning it to you until you start having issues. Apparently you can start the perimenopausal process 10 yrs before actual menopause. I am continuing to bleed/spot despite the higher dose pill- not alot but enough to be annoying. I know I have had some friends my age who have had ablation recently because of heavy and frequent TOM. I have lost weight previously and nver had an issue with spotting.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

As lifechange said, they usually don't discuss it with you until you either ask about it or you start having issues, and menopause hits different women at different ages. All the women in my family (mother, 2 sisters, 7 aunts - not sure about grandmother) have required (due to blood loss and other things) complete hysterectomies between the ages of 42 and 44. I started getting the early symptoms at age 38 (39 now).

I've also known women going into menopause as late as their 60s.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote