Old 03-03-2008, 02:47 AM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Post Low Carb journal topic of the day for Monday, March 03

I thought it'd be great to start a journal for you all to come here and get and give inspiration, support, rant & rave, and everything else!

Topic:What improvements or accomplishments have you made since being on the Low Carb lifestyle?
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #2  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Since I'm new to the low carb life style I really haven't gotten started yet but I do have some improvements. Physically, I have felt a lot better. I used to wake up feeling slugish, but since I started detoxing by drinking water I've felt a little more energized. My stomach feels a little more squishy too (lol) so that means I'm starting lose weight. It may be just water but hey it still counts!
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

I find that I have less heart-burn eating low-carb than when I ate refined carbs. I no longer have to keep antacids in my bag!

I'm just back on week 2 of under 40 carbs per day so can't wait to have more rewards of this way of eating.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I eat more vegetables now, on Low Carb eating that I ever did eating "normally". Because for me, "normal" eating was eating junk all the time. Pizza and Chinese and McDonalds--oh my!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

OMG...they're sooo many!!! For one, like Azure...I too eat way more veggies than ever (I was a regular at Mickey Dees!), I'm more in control over food, I choose what I eat...it doesn't choose me anymore!!, I've actually started working out (former couch potato)...when I lost so much weight after first 2 weeks...I felt more energy, and it inspired me to "get movin!". I'm not "hungry all the time", actually I frequently "forget to eat", sex is waaayyyy better (smile!), I can now go out socially and pick and choose healthy foods to eat while passing up the desert trays, double battered shrimp/chicken, etc....and not feel like I'm missing something or that sense of "denying oneself" that I used to feel on like "low-fat" diets of the past! The list could go on...and on.... Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I'm sure you've heard people say that in order to lose weight & keep it off...you must change your eating habits. That is exactly what I've done. Before I began my Atkins way of life (April 13, 2004) many was the time I'd sit in front of the tv with a big bag of corn chips & large container of onion dip...or with a box of chocolate pop-tarts...or a whole large frozen deluxe pizza...or a half gallon of some kind of ice cream...and that was my dinner! I made a daily trip after work to Taco Bell (right up the road from me) for 2 grilled stuffed beef burritos. I was at that drive-thru so often, they knew me by first name! I NEVER ate a vegetable and the only time I ate salad was on a Sunday when I would visit my folks for dinner. I also never touched water. But...ALL that has changed!! Now my eating is veggies, salad, lean meats, eggs, yogurt, occasional fruit & nuts. I drink a gallon of water a day! I can walk up a flight of stairs without having to stop on the 2nd step to catch my breath. I can take long walks without my ankles paining me so badly, I'd have to stop & rest before I could continue. And...I can wear a size 4/6 and no longer have to shop for men's size 3X t-shirts!!

I wish Dr. Atkins were still alive today so I could give him a big hug and thank him for saving my life!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 03-03-2008 at 11:51 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Sitting here in my 3x t shirt JG . . .

I'd say that this is the ONLY "diet" that has ever improved my cholesterol #'s . . . Doc remains totally freaked out about that (and secretly suspects, I think, that I'm lying and on a low fat/calorie counting Gov't Pyramid that I'm not telling her about - LOL!)

Menopause symptoms have totally whacked me for awhile now tho' - - have moments of clarity b4 I lose my vision - but would HATE to know what shape I'd be in were it not for hanging on & getting support here @ 3fc - I KNOW I'd be over 300lbs - buried under empty ice cream containers & chip bags in the couch cushions would be a very real possibility.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
I'd say that this is the ONLY "diet" that has ever improved my cholesterol #'s . . . Doc remains totally freaked out about that (and secretly suspects, I think, that I'm lying and on a low fat/calorie counting Gov't Pyramid that I'm not telling her about - LOL!)
Oh Aud, I wish I could fully convince DBF that Atkins would be the BEST thing for his cholesterol. He learned he had high cholesterol back in December...which I, personally do not think the Dr. handled well at all (no talk of exercise & diet...just pull out the old script pad & get him on that Lipitor!) With some gentle persuading DBF is not on Lipitor and in about 6 weeks...he's lost 30 lbs!!! I am SO proud of him He's eating much better...lots of veggies, fish, chicken & salads...he wasn't able to totally give up bread but he eats ezekiel bread now...he's drinking water...he's really come a long way & I could not be prouder! He's taking supplements...he's reading books...its great!! He's promised to read my Atkins book too! I'll let ya know what his cholesterol results are when he goes to have it re-checked
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #9  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I think the biggest improvement for me is my energy level is so much better, I used to be so drowsy all the time and sleep so much. I get a lot more done now. And I've gone from a size 18 to 12/14 in pants.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #10  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

I recently got through month # 1. I definitely have no heartburn which i often had before. I also was running to the bathroom everytime I ate, now, my stomach is like a brand new one. I am also so much more energetic, it's easier to get up in the morning, I can almost keep up with my kindergarteners all day, and over all I just feel happier, prettier, and more alive than ever! I LOVE my new WOL!
happyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

My blood pressure has come down to the normal range. Looks like I'll be able to avoid meds for that at least.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Everyone is such an inspiration. I've lost about 15 inches, have no more heartburn, don't drink 2-3 glasses of wine at night anymore. I never had problems with eating too much food or sweets. Never liked chips and that kind of thing. I am convinced I was eating way too many processed foods...probably since college. I would have been massive if I liked sweets and junk food as well. God smiled on me with that one. As with Aud the Meno caused a big, big weight gain in the last couple of years. Probably about 60 pounds. I have to say I am eating more veggies since going on low carb than I have eaten in the last 10 year. I'm eating them regularly which is proving to be the biggest challenge.

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote