Old 02-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #61  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Leo just felt to the hospital to get this x-ray taken. I'm sure once the doctors get the results Leo will be informed of what it actual is.

Going to W-I on Friday this week,because of the high sodium meal I had the other day.I'm going to be every careful,as I want to see some downward movement on the scale. I did very good with fasting having 3 meals instead of 6[meals & snacks]So maybe the scale will go down tomorrow. I don't think I'll hit my 5 lbs in 8 day mark that I'm participating on another board,but if I could lose something that would make me happy as I lost 3 so far and thats nothing to sneeze at.

LILY-Sorry for all the anguish your going thought with these tornadoes all around you.Hoping that subside soon.

ROBIN-Maybe you could flavor your water with a few sprinkles of crystal lite to get your water intake down. Just a thought.

SC-Don't talk that way of quitting, thats not allowed on this thread. Its a possibility that the 8 lb loss,you bod is resting and no matter what you try it won't work until your ready to lose again. Trust me I was there,and it can be very frustration.I lost 9 lbs since Jan1.2008 but now its slowing down.I even joined a Valentines challenge on another board and lost 3 lbs [1/14]and by 2/14 Valentines day I was suppose to lose a total of 8 I now have 5 to go,not going to make it. Adding more calories to to your meals might work,but than again it might no. Each of us has to find there balance.

CC-After induction my weight loss was very very slow,stalled some weeks and when I lost it was[.5].Sending you a lots of Hugs,caring& good luck to you in all that happening.

Have to go dinner is ready

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #62  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Crabby - Sorry to hear of your breakup...but as a "divorced" woman myself...if it's best for you...then...I'm not so sorry! Glad to see you hear...we can use your motivation as well! Whenever I go through a breakup I always imagine how fabulous I'm going to look, just walking down the street (with men hollering at me, of course) and bumb into my ex! aaaah!!!! that's motivation enough! smile! Oh yeah...to answer your question, I've lost about 2lbs per week after induction, but I agree with Lily, the last time I did atkins when I got within the last 10-15 lbs to lose, my weight loss slowed extremely to about 2-3 lbs per month!

Life change...so what's the rush! right ladies/gents (if there any????)

B.A.B. - FRIGGIN WOWWWWW! OBVIOUSLY...NO KIDS...You are living the life that (I think) every woman fantasizes about...then she wakes up to the sound of screaming kids! ha ha! Keep going girl!
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #63  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I've done the mutual break-up thing crabbyc . . . still a stressful time as you said . . . emotions all over the map at any given moment - kind of like menopause - Lord, I am so. sick. of. menopause.

Just so sick of it.

Hang in there girl - yes, we're all here and have a wide variety of experiences to unload (LOL!), I mean SHARE with you if ya want.

Beachie - I'm still sending >>>>>>>"cloudy film"<<<<<<<< as an explanation for Leo's CAT your way! You are doing so great on the weight losses - Keep it UP! Missed Ash Wednesday services again this year 'cause I'm on nights . . . wish I could hear the choir . . . very haunting music this time of year.

Anyone giving up anything for Lent?

Weird about how the nausea hit you again hours later lynnar. Wondering since you've narrowed it down so closely to eggs if there isn't a test (sulfur?) a doc could easily do? Have you ever tried just eating the whites?

Tx for the support bambi & faye! Was just touched by it so here - means a lot to me.

AND so enjoyed reading your life over coffee Fay!!!!! One of my destinations b4 I die type places is Scotland . . . should it be? DO TELL!!!!

Yes, having kids certainly change the direction of our lives bambi . . . especially if you space them the way I did: One dd is 21 and the other is 10yrs!

Don't think I've given weightsmasher or amy a shout out lately: HIYA GALS! You're both doing great & I'm inspired by your Posts here in Doldrum Land.

How's Lucy lily? (Is my morphine on the way yet - OMGosh how I loved that drug the two times I've had it!!!) Yes, your b4 & after pics are awesome - think I'll look at ya to re-inspire myself right now - also need to get busybusy like you so I won't be so overwhelmed on the weekends here at what I've lovingly come to think of as NOT "Home Sweet Home" - but rather "The Cluttered **** Hole."

I'll start/re-start Induction with ya natalie . . . I've been so sucking lately - maybe a bud will help? Let me know.

Saving scalm for last - SOOOOO hoping you hang in there girl!!! I know its the pits. Been there. Are ya doing the mega-water thing? How 'bout exercise? We'll get thru this . . . I can't bear to have coffee in the morning w/o your Posts!!!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #64  
beachbum

AUD-Thanks for your good thoughts. I hope I can lose a little more this month.

SNACKS SNACKS SNACKS
Between each meal Thats what I'm giving up.Going to drink my milk instead at those times. I need my calcium & protein.

Hugs BB
Old 02-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

StayinCalm = Why don't you post your daily food? Maybe you are eating too much protein and not enough fat. Or maybe you are eating too much too late at night. I found this happening to me. If I eat a full meal right before bed, it takes a few days for my body to adjust. There was a study of Japanese Sumo wrestlers. They eat the bulk of their foods right before bed. Are you eating late at night? Are you drinking enough water, if any water at all? Talk to us.

And try to only weigh yourself once a day, in the morning, before any drinking, before a shower, in the nude. Remember, if you weigh later in the day, you are not only weighing you, you are weighing the foods you have eaten and fluid that you have accumulated.

Last edited by sylvia78; 02-08-2008 at 01:08 AM.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:04 AM   #66  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

B.A.B. - FRIGGIN WOWWWWW! OBVIOUSLY...NO KIDS...You are living the life that (I think) every woman fantasizes about...then she wakes up to the sound of screaming kids! ha ha! Keep going girl!

Bwah! Well, to be fair, I think that every woman fantasizes about being a damn sight slimmer and saucier and having some kind of hot romantic interest - if you were to ask me about my love life, it would be infinitely less interesting. More of a bleak and dusty desert, enlivened by the VERY VERY VERY rare spot of debauchery, but mostly populated by sandstorms and the occasional tumbleweed.

Lynnar, I don't know much about food allergies, but I do know that you can develop an allergy at any time in your life. A friend of mine developed an allergy to gluten and wheat which had results very much like those you're describing - so maybe that's the kind of thing that does usually happen when you eat the stuff you're sensitive to.

AND so enjoyed reading your life over coffee Fay!!!!! One of my destinations b4 I die type places is Scotland . . . should it be? DO TELL!!!!

Hmm - well, Aud, I do love Scotland to pieces, just as much as England, and I think that especially if you're coming from the New World that you'll get a kick out of visiting the UK. One of the things that really struck me when I lived in Canada was that there were totally different conceptions of time and of space depending on which side of the pond you're from. In the first few hours of me being in BC, my host pointed out with great pride a church "that's a hundred years old!"...and I blinked, and managed NOT to say "...er, my school dates back to Queen Elizabeth the First." (But on the other hand, people thought nothing of commuting for 3 hours to work and back again in BC - which, in the UK, would take you half way across England!) We take all our history for granted, and it's everywhere. St Andrews, where I was at University, is a particularly lovely wee place. It's tiny, and the cathedral has been ruined for centuries, and it's on the sea coast. The University itself dates back to...er, I think it's the 1300s, although it might be earlier. Anyway, old. And, yes, well worth visiting! (Haggis! Whiskey! Brawny men in kilts, with sexy accents!)

But, that said, if we're talking "See it before you die", I have to put a word in for Luxor, in Egypt. That's the most spectacular place I've ever been, I think. Floating over the River Nile and the Valley of the Kings in a hot air balloon at dawn...I mean, that's really something worth saving up for. Imho. (But I know Egypt isn't everyone's cup of tea.)

Last edited by broadabroad; 02-08-2008 at 02:06 AM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #67  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

...Not sure if I've sussed out this posting photos business, but here goes - this is what I wore to work yesterday, for Chinese New Year:

(Note my most excellent Batman handbag under my computer desk in 1st picture, and bare feet in second: we don't wear shoes indoors. It's a Thai thing.)
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #68  
banned

B.A.B. - What in the world are you talking about???...Your gorgeous, intelligent, whitty, great sense of humor....what the **** is wrong with these guys??? Well, don't know if you heard, but there is a worldwide shortgage of men. It's everywhere. Don't worry though...I find that nobody can love me better than me! When I'm okay with myself...I know the men will be lining up for my affections! smile. FYI - I would love to go to Egypt...I love exotic places and exotic men!...oh yeah...and that Nile stuff is great too!

P.S. - Love the Geisha girl thing...darling..simply darling!

Sylvia - How have you been?...haven't heard from ya in awhile. glad to see your back. I've learned about this "erythritol" sweetner that's natural and tastes great and no impact on blood sugar...so...no more maltitol for me!

Aud - We have something in common...I also have a 21 yr old dd and 8yr old (soon to be 9 this month) daughter! Two marriages! What the **** were we thinkin...spaced so far apart! But ya got to admit...the younger ones keep us on our feet. I find that raising my younger daughter...It's alot easier (I guess you learn so much from the 1st). I think sometimes though my older daughter needs me more than my baby! I also have 2 grands (age 2 & 3). There as cute as a button! I call them my 2 little second chances!

CrabbyCakes - How ya doin? Without sounding [email protected] a hot chick!...just keep imaging yourself at goal...in a few months you'll be saying...what was the *@*(^k thinking about...boy did he loooooose out! Hang in there girl! Don't forget to exercise! It really does help clear up the mind and makes you feel good (this coming from someone who hates to exercise!).

For everyone I missed....Top of the Mornin' to Ya! Joyce
Old 02-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #69  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning everyone.

Well, I spent the evening at the clinic with my husband, he had been suffering with wicked pain all afternoon. Turns out he has this thing with a big long name I cant remember, but it is the 3rd facial nerve that is causing all the pain. He took loritab(sp?) last night, but he said they didnt even put a dent in the pain. So he has to call today and see if they can do anything else for him. He is also taking antibiotics for it. Im starting to worry........I dont like it when things arent right with him.

Eating isnt good, more like it isnt enough....still loosing weight, but no exercise either.

Im off, things are just too crazy around here lately.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #70  
banned

RobinW - Sorry to hear about your husband's pain. and yours as well. Maybe he should get a second opinion. Doctor's frequently misdiagnose. Try to keep your energy up (eat..I know it's hard), cuz he may need you more now. Take care...and keep us apprised of his progress. Sending [[[[[healthy vibes]]]]] to you and your hubby! Joyce
Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Robin: I'm so sorry about your hubby. This sounds terrible. Especially pain that isn't going away with pain meds. I'm thinking of you and will send a prayer up this morning.

Fay you look adorable!

Lynn: Good idea ! I don't eat after 7:00 p.m. I usually drink 128 ounces of water or more a day. Dinner is typically smaller than lunch. Here is Monday through Thursday:

M: 1 cup decaf, black, 128 ounces of water, 1 cup salad with 2 tbsp full fat ranch dressing, one fried no batter chicken drumstick. One 5 oz New York steak and 1/2 a cup fresh steamed greenbeans. One .slice of swiss cheese

Tuesday: 1 cup decaf, black. 128 ounces of water, 1 cup salad with 1/2 cup tuna and mayo. One fried no batter chicken leg for a snack. Left over pot roast on a cup of salad. 2 slices of swiss cheese.

Wed. 1 cup decaf, black, 60 ounces of water, 1 cup salad with 1/2 cup sliced yellow pepper and 1/2 cup tuna and mayo. One ounce of string cheese. Poached chicken breast with 1 cup sliced steamed zucchini. One boiled egg.

Thursday: 1 cup decaf, black, 128 ounces of water, 1 cup of tuna and mayo. 2 slices of swiss cheese. 2 slices toasted trader joes flax bread (eight carbs for two slices). One hard boiled egg. 1 ounce cream and 1 ounce unsweetened soy milk in decaf coffee with two drops of liquid splenda. One slow cooked pork spare rib made with sugar free walden farms bbq sauce. 2 slices of thin sliced roast beef (cooked at home not the deli) for a snack.

This morning. Real Coffee with a splash of unsweetened soy, a splash of cream and a drop of liquid splenda.

As you can see, I kind of gave up the strict induction on Thursday. I've been doing it for a month and if I try to stick to that while seeing the scale numbers go up instead of down I won't be able to continue on the WOL. I plan to try to stick with pretty much induction levels for another month and see what happens. If I continue to gain then I don't know what I'm going to do!

Best to all.

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #72  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm in a rush this morning,just checking in to let you know i;m ok. Well post later.

Went on the scale this morning a & I up 1.Thought that would happen,even though I haven't been eating snacks in between or at night [gave up for Lent].Than I checked my fitday[calorie chart]
Where are my calories coming from? and I found that I'm way over my carbohydrates range. instead of being at 100-125 range when I lost, I was up to 145.This week I'm going to stay at the end of the range.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-08-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #73  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

EATING AFTER WORK

EATING LATE AT NIGHT

MUST STOP THIS FOR LENT & BEYOND

So far it looks like the only thing I've given up for Lent is exercise!

Doubling up on the Estroven . . . somethings gotta give with this funk I'm in - and SOON!

Fay - you are stunning! Just. stunning. Had my hair like yours . . . too wavy/curly - so recently went all spiky. Putting Egypt - Oriental Outfit & a faboo tattoo on my list of things to do now!

It's MY YEAR this Year btw - Year of the RAT!

It's great getting to know ya bambif! You look too young to be a gran! LOL @ "2nd chances!" Yeah, the strange breeding cycle is a trip . . . CANNOT keep up with dd10/Tess . . . she is infinitely more difficult to raise than dd21 Molly was tho' . . . I DO try to "enjoy" Tess more - something about knowing she's my last & all that - don't sweat the small stuff with her - but the two girls are literally diff than nite & day.

You're due/overdue for an Atkins WHOOOOOOOSH scalm . . . your menu sounds GREAT to me . . . how about exercise? A walk may be just what you need to shake it all OUT? Just a thought. Hang in there - I'm sure it'll be a huuuge drop when it comes.

Didn't mean to ramble gals . . . got another early (unpaid) meeting so must run - hope to cya ALL over the weekend - trying to get my groove back.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #74  

Joining you all with my salad for a late lunch. Something must be working right because it's way after 2 and I wasn't totally starving for lunch! Just kind of hungry. Got caught up with work stuff.

SIC, hate to turn away credit, but it was Sylvia who said to post the menu. Looks great though. You probably are due for a big whoosh. Here's hoping.

Fay, I'm convinced! Luxor is on my Things to see list, so is Scotland, Thailand, even British Columbia! But my husband only wants to go to Ireland. His family is Irish (three or four generations back, of course) and his mother always went on and on about how beautiful it was. It probably is beautiful, but there's so much history in England, culture in France, sites to see all over the place. Why limit yourself? We're just now getting to the point where we travel a little, if we can decide where we want to go. Of course our traveling will always be dictated by price! He spends a lot of time on the Internet looking for cheap tickets. Nice outfit. I bet you had a good time!

Robin, sorry to hear about your husband. The worse thing is not knowing what's wrong! And not being able to fix what's wrong. Hope it gets all right.

My salad's gone, so I guess I need to get back to work. I have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend. I guess I'll do some serious laundry and maybe get the dogs out for a walk on the hiking trail. See you all later, Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #75  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I've been very busy. Had to take Shelbey to the bank to set her up a bank account. Then to the tax office to get her taxes done. Then back to the bank for some direct deposit forms that I had to priority ship to my son in the military. Then took Shelbey to work.

My eating has been off track for 2 day. Just a lot going on. Plan is to have an on-plan dinner and drink a ton of water. Don't imagine I'll make it to the gym tonite cause I promised to take Lacy to our high school basketball game.

I went out with my friend, Causha, last night. I normally never touch any alcohol , but I had one long island tea. It made me drunk and I felt pretty puny all night. But, I did have fun singing Karaoke.

Robin, Hope your DH has a speedy recovery, that sure sounds painful.

Bambi and Aud, my kids are 7 yrs. age difference, age 22 and 15. I now have 4 grandbabies age 3, 19 months, and 2 that are 8 months old.

Fay, great pic's thanks for sharing. Your blue eyes are so beautiful.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote