I'm new here and could use some buddies

• Hi! I just found this website and I could use some buddies. One of my best friends and I are doing Atkins. It's great to have people that help keep you accountable, the more the merrier! LOL! This was on another post and i thought it would be a good way to introduce myself....

DATE: 1/28/08

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sheebes00 / Shannon

BIRTHDAY: 1/12/82

MARITAL STATUS: happily married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I'm married to a wonderful man named Andy. We have a son named Andrew who was born 7/1/04.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: LOTS of things! Reading, riding my motorcycle, hanging out with friends, quiet times at home, yoga, the list goes on and on.

PETS: 2 dogs - a 13 month old rottweiler named Thor and a 6 year old boxer/pitbull mix named Chaos, 1 rat named Templeton, and 1 snake name Slinky

ATKINS START DATE: well, my restart date is today, 1/28/08

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE LOW CARB / ATKINS: It's worked for me in the past.

TOP WEIGHT: 208

CURRENT WEIGHT: 189

GOAL WEIGHT: 130 (my weight before having my son)

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

EYE COLOR: hazel (they change)

HAIR COLOR: auburn (I naturally have brown hair with blonde and auburn highlights)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Berks County, PA, USA

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating junk, cravings, and emotional eating (that's every emotion!! bored, happy, sad, mad, etc.)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a buddy

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Not that I can think of, if you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me!
  • Hi Shannon and of course WELCOME!!! Hope you find this board as encouraging (and entertaining) as I do!
  • Thanks! I'm in it for the long haul so I'm sure I'll be here a lot, even if I'm just reading. LOL!
  • Whoo! A fellow eastern Pennsylvanian! Welcome! I'm just (re)starting too.
    Good luck!
  • Hiya sheebes & natalie!

If you want - come & chat with us in the LC Chat:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132712

(There is lots of info in our "LC Bio's" in that sticky at the top of this section too)
  • Glad 2 have you here, good luck
  • Thanks!! It's great to have support!!
  • Hi Shannon! I am new here, too, but not new to Atkins/low carb I look foward to reading your posts. We are just about the same weight and height