Old 01-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Marie: To be honest I have a feeling that he is cheating quite a bit on the food fest. I have found some Endulge bar wrappers here and there (verboten on induction). He is a mad, mad, mad sugar and sweet fan. Thank goodness I don't really like sweets. Pie, cake and candy could sit around here for a year and I would probably not want any. The only time, in my life, that I have wanted a dessert and eaten one (the cheesecake pudding or cheesecake pudding on top of a little baked pumpkin)has been the past three weeks. Wierd.
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #47  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning <~~~~havent had any in over 48hrs

I am thoroughly enjoying my coffee this morning!!

Alright, well yesterday was just an emotional eating day. Not good!! But I did get right back on track this morning. (was missing my coffee)

Today is planned out, and I am all set. Hubby is doing amazingly well. He bounces back good!!! Not bad for an old fart.

I have a very busy week planned, the shop is really busy this week, and Im pretty much on my own. Hubby is going to come and keep an eye on things while Im out at meetings and sales calls. But he cant pick up the slack.

Have a great day ladies!!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #48  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

At my W-I this morning I'm down 1.5 lbs. and I'm thrilled.Didn't think I was going to lose anything this early in the game,but I did. Now I'm looking forward until next week.

LILY-Thats terrific that your DH got promoted to driller along with the higher pay,that will come in handy with all your money problems.He can't exercise since he went to rehab for his breathing, He knees are bothering him,can't seem to move his joints up & down.Hope fully when the weather get warmer he'll be able to get his walking done along the beach.

Stayincalm-we have another cook among us. I like to cook but Paula Deene is not my style,give me the sweet Rachael Raye 30 mins cooking. I have lots of recipes from here that are low carb,plus it easy to prepare.Tanks for sharing your recipes.

ROBIN-Happy that you came back from your off plan day.We all have one of those days. You lost nice over several weeks and you will do it again.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #49  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Height: 5'6"

Happy Wednesday!

I have to admit I had a horrible Tuesday. I managed to rack up nearly 70 carbs without touching bread or sweets. I know the main offender was that fantastic split pea soup I had, but I just couldn't resist and when I jumped on the scale this morning I was up .6! So for the rest of the week I will be watching my choices MUCH closer.

Beach Bum - CONGRATS! It's always nice to see the scale going in the downward direction!

RobinW - Good for you for getting right back on plan, now pass me some coffee, LOL.

Jina - I'm getting into the groove of running myself. I would love to have a runners body!
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #50  
Somethin's gotta give

Good morning all!

Robin-Im so glad it all work out for you and hubby-I had the thought this morning that its weird when you realize that your body isnt going to be springy and flexible forever...I had a LOT of trouble in Egypt just going up and down the tour bus stairs- not to mentions hunching over to go inside a pyramid with a tiny passageway....my knee was screaming and I realized for the first time that somethings going to have to be "done" about it.*sigh* age...dontcha just love it?

SC- wow- I wish it was that way with me...bread and other starches I ignore but its the sweets that get to me....at least its just endulge and now with all the russel stover items, if you can stand the "effects" you're good to go- I hate to confess, but on my last try with Atkins, there were days when I ate nothing BUT sweets....

Lily- We have a LOT of drilling and oilfield work here where I live.I think I can understand his apprehension. Its a demanding and DANGEROUS job, so I guess you need to be in the right mindset. Here, if we know someone who works in the oilfields and they still have all their fingers intact and unmangled, we consider them a miracle.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #51  

Exclamation Deep Breath And I Jumped In

Hi Y'all. Welcome to another fab day!
As you can see by my profile I actually got on the scale today. I didn't want to know what I weighed but after a couple of weeks of cutting way back at the end of December and officially starting Atkins on the 3rd the curiousity began to outweigh (no pun intended) the fear of going into a depression spiral. I went to the Dr. the last week of Dec. but would not let the nurse tell me my weight (I closed my eyes!). I called this morning to see what that weight was so I know my starting weight and current weight. I'm down 7.5 pounds since I started this thing.

I'm stoked. I didn't want to weigh but I really needed to set a goal and also think it will help me stay motivated. I WOULD NEVER HAVE HAD THE COURAGE TO GET ON THAT SCALE IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE PEOPLE I HAVE MET AND BEEN READING ABOUT ON THIS SITE. BLESS YOU ALL!!!!

Started working out on the recumbent bike on the 2nd beginning with 12 agonizing minutes at base speed. Now up to between 30 minutes to an hour (depending on my mood) working at level 3 or four on the bike.

The weighing in actually motivated me to be more careful on counting carbs and calories as well as trying to keep the exercise challenging.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #52  
Somethin's gotta give

SC-GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I still havent gotten on the scale-and my nurses know NOT to tell me, but I think by the end of next week I will do the same- and call them for my initial weight. You must be thrilled- heck Im thrilled for you!

Last edited by marie.; 01-16-2008 at 12:34 PM.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #53  

Marie: Thanks. The curiosity totally caught me by surprise. I thought I would be totally freaked but each day for the past week I toyed with the idea of getting out that scale and today, since I'm headed out into the field rather than the office, I dropped off DD and weighed when I got home. I had decided if the weight I was was not as horrific as I feared then I would call the Dr. to see what I weighed the last week of December.

Robin: So glad to hear your hubby is doing well!

Lily: After reading the posts I discovered how dangerous oil work can be. I'm sending special prayers out now.

Crabby: OMG. Why did you have to tell us about the split pea soup. IT IS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT. My mouth is watering. I just went to have my slice of 3 carb flax bread with a scrape of no sugar PB and went, "Yuck".

Beach: Go, Go, Go!!!! That is awesome.

OK, my tummy is growling now. (All that talk about split pea soup). Maybe that flax bread and PB isn't entirely without appeal.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #54  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I'm on my way to the vet. to have Lucy's staples removed. She's acting fine now and looks well healed. Now if she could learn to be well behaved we'd have it made.

BB, yes, DH's pay raises and bonuses have been great now. We are finally caught up with our finances and able to start remodeling on our house. I hate that his job is dangerous, but so was being a Trooper. He is now home for a week and it's good to see him. I feel like I'm only half-assed married now, LOL. I like being half a wife, LOL, since I only see him every other week.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #55  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thanks everyone

Stayin' WTG on your losses!!!! Doesnt it feel good?!!?!!! Awesome job!!!!!!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #56  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Loving the Chit Chat over my "morning" coffee . . . had a real late nighter - meeting after work so didn't get to bed til around 5am! Have really noticed what you mentioned marie . . . the things my bod used to be able to do w/o thought are effort - really creaking up on me here @ just turned 47/menopausal nightmare!

Night shift really getting to me . . . thinking of making a major change but gotta be smart about it, ya know? Lots to consider.

LOVING the recipes and especially the thought of getting PREPARED scalm! Tx! Really loved the corned beefie leftover idea . . . determined to remain UN-sloshed this football weekend and get the freezer at the ready.

21 days of preparedness will make it a habit, eh lynnar? Let's start COOKING!

Think I toldya my other Big Sis has a 30 day on/off marriage lily? Has it ups and downs but she reallyreally has grown to love her time alone and is quite ready for her dh to leave near the end of his stay - he's on a barge. Keep Healing Lucy and robins dh as well!

Glad you chalked up your emotional eating day robin - just like you should dust off your split pea soup too crabby cakes! (At least you chose a vegetable! LOL!)

How's your friends valve surgery go beachie? Has the storm blown over that was headed your way?

What IS Metabolife Ultra jlkeahi? Forgot to ask you that the other day.

*slurping down coffee and headed out for another night at the grind*

Hump Day & Pay Day - here I come . . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #57  

Hi, busy thread today. It's great.
Just wanted to check in real fast and report another good Weigh In. Down another 3 pounds for a total of nine in two weeks. If only I can keep losing three pounds a week, it'll be great. I started induction on the second so my second week is done, but I plan to stay on this level for all of January. It's worth it if the weight loss keeps steady.
Last time I did this (last fall) I didn't WI to start because I knew it was going to be very bad, but I was sorry the whole time I stayed OP. I didn't have a starting weight so I didn't know if it was really working. I usually have my best loss the first week so by the time I got on the scales I was having the little losses. It never occured to me to have a "blind" weigh in at the doctor's office, but I guess I probably wasn't at the doctor last fall anyway. I saw him the spring before which was another time that I started Atkins.
I am doing a lower carb version of Atkins because I am convinced that I'm resistant to weight loss as described in the book. I average 10-12 carbs a day, including at least one salad. I don't count calories or fat. I always understood that the Atkins WOE kind of required more fat then traditional "diets." I haven't had any kind of desert since I started, but I do drink herbal tea with splendor about every night. That helps when you're looking for something sweet. I've never had a huge sweet tooth, so I may be easier to please then some people.
I'm pretty happy with my eating. I think if you don't feel real deprived you can stay on longer. I do miss the conveince of a fast food burger or egg McMuffin. But it is the conveniece I miss more than the food. A little planning helps with that.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #58  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

PS: I'm glad LC'er came back/stopped lurking/whatEVAH too lynn! The Chat has been amazingly motivating for me already this week - Congrats to Everyone showing a loss!!! Don't forget to get the tape measures out and get those starting inches recorded - can be HUGELY motivating when the scale isn't showing much, ya know? I kept losing my numbers so Posted them in the New Years Goal to have handy.

I was at 248 - all time high . . . got down to 212 b4 Txgiving & Holidays hit and went back to sameole/same ole cycle . . . creeping back up to 230 and putting the brakes on this sh!t gals!

Quick Shout Out to jdogg! I want to be a C25K at some point this year - Grats on getting it going!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #59  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, all. Thanks for the warm welcome! And, Marie, you are right -- we need to see Star around here again.

This is such a busy thread -- that's awesome. Congrats to the losers this week -- great job!

Thanks for all the great recipe ideas -- those sound delicious and pretty easy. I'm always looking for new recipes.

Last night I had a softball game at 9 p.m., but since yesterday was a running day, I was determined to get my C25K program in. Well, after getting off late from work, I had just enough time to get to the gym and run before rushing the softball game. Needless to say, last night I was pooped. But, I was really glad that I fit my running in. I think, in the past, I've let SO many things get in the way of exercise -- my BF, in particular; but also just life/work/whatever. It felt good to make a point that exercise/running is a priority, and no matter what, I'll fit it in. It makes me feel like I have a little control over my life anyway...

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #60  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

aud, there are definitely perks to only being a half-wife! LOL. Usually by the end of each week, I'm ready to pack his happy butt back off to work! Big benefit for us too is he's home less to spend money! Plus his check goes direct deposit in my account and I can keep all bills paid on time and have a little for extras. His housing and meals are totally paid for when he's on the job, so he is lower maintenance now,LOL. Of course this leaves me at home alone with 2PMSing teenagers half the time.

My dog Molly is getting really fat since being spayed 4 weeks ago. I wonder if Atkins would work for her , LOL. Today the vet told me to lower her dogfood and start giving her some carrots, green beans and lettuce. She's not gonna be a happy camper. I just hope it doesn't give her gas cause she can already clear a room!

lynnar, WTG on the 9 lbs. that is awesome.

stayincalm, that was a good idea to get your starting weight from the Dr. Im wishing now I knew for sure what my exact starting weight was when I got back on Atkins. I waited probably 4 or 5 days after being back OP until I knew I was losing before I made myself actually step on the scale. So, in actuality I was probably more than 6 lbs. over goal to begin with (realistically probably more like 10).

I'm gonna have my body fat percentage tested at my gym later this week. I'm fearing that what I think is loose skin may actually be loose fat. Even though I've lost a lot of weight I expect my BF to be around 26-28% (just guessing). My BMI is 22%. I want to get my baseline BF so I can tell in a few months if all my gym workouts are improving it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote