Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #1  
beachbum

Default LOW CARB=="CHAT CHAT CHAT" Oct 8th toOct 14th 2007

Good Morning Ladies

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAYHope that some of you guys are off and sleeping in,as I didn't see a new thread so I took the liberty.

I WAS UP EARLY SO I DECIDED TO START THE NEW THREAD FOR THE WEEK.

Thanks for all the well wishes,I feeling a lot better now that I'm taking my new meds.

I did feel a little stress with all that went on this weekend. Got on the scale and I maintained the same amount that i was last week. Luckily I didn't gain.

Can't go out to do may walking as its raining ready hard. Have to use my trusty tapes or bike today instead.

Have to get dressed and go Walmart shopping instead.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #2  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Goodmorning Ladies!

I unfortunately had to work today, that's okay though, I don't have too much to do here.
Oh and guess who decided to show up after a 3 month hiatus, TOM! Darn, I thought I was done with that!
I'm so crampy today too, I sure didn't miss TOM!!

I'm down another lb too, which is good!

I hope you all are doing good too and that your weight loss is coming quickly!!!

Take Care!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, good afternoon, ladies! It's a holiday for me, which is nice. I slept in later than I wanted to and got my grocery shopping done so far. Next on the agenda is putting together my menu for the week, pre-cooking some food, getting a workout in, finishing my homework for the next few days, printing out some grad. school info and taking enough time for myself to write in my 12-Week Challenge notebook

I'm feeling like I can get most of those things accomplished before the end of the day!

Thanks again for being here for me, ladies! One week of Induction, then it's on to OWL for me I'm excited about that!

Last edited by Azure; 10-08-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #4  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Sorry about the sickies BB, glad you're feeling better.

Congrats on the -1 lb Fitntime! Every little bit counts!

I stayed on plan all weekend! Yea me! Weekends have always been difficult for me. Glad I made it. I'll be joining a gym on Wednesday, hope to start getting an hour in every day. I've been having a hard time making myself work out at home... as you can see, I've got a very slow start on my October exercise goals.

On a personal note... I broke off my engagement yesterday. I'm still seeing him and all that, as he truly is my best friend. I just need him to be more into the whole wedding thing if I'm going to call him my fiance, and take myself off the market. So, I gave him the ring back, I told him he could try and ask again when/if he's more certain. Thanks to Puncie for giving me some good talking points. I asked him if he thought he would love me more if I lost more weight. He didn't know how to answer that. It made me realize that we have more problems than I thought. Time to put my life in a different direction, KWIM? I'm sad about it all, but at the same time I feel more empowered.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

24 days left . . . . 24 days left in Spookalicious October LC'ers!!!

Hi Everyone!

Getting in the spirit of demons . . . Tess will be having her 10th Birthday on the 19th - planning a sleep-over and everything MUST BE Halloweenie-Based!!! We got the front yard & porch pretty much decorated yesterday - record high - so HOT . . . so I'm getting "in the mood" - even tho' doesn't feel remotely "autumny!"

Also getting in the spirit of making these 24 remaining days of ROCKtober COUNT! Kicking it up several notches - Day 1 of being totally OP . . . Day One of slurping down plain clear Water and Day One of continuing to knock myself out with the endorphins of EXERCISE!

Join me?

I'm exhausted from EMOTICON OVERLOAD! already!!!

How scary for you (and Leo) beachie! Glad you're sounding good now!

Hope everyone else is having a super renewed Monday feeling like I've got . . . just got called into work early so no time to chat - - will check back with y'all in the Wee Hours of the gloaming!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

Posted at the same time MissyF (can't bear to call you "MF" on a momentous occasion as this!)

Or maybe I should?

Just gotta say YOU ROCK! Go with that empowered feeling GF . . .

*ahhhhh, how different my life would be had I been BRAVE enuf to make the choice you have in standing up for yourself!*
Old 10-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #7  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Mornin' everyone.

BB, Thanks for starting us up. Have a great Columbus day! It's Thanksgiving day here in Canada. Luky for my diet I don't have any family close so I didn't have to worry about the usual huge turkey dinner. Glad your feeling better.

FIT, Congrats on another LB! Keep it up!

Azz, Good luck with the OWL. You're so close to goal.

Missyfluffs, Good for you staying OP over the weekend! And I't sounds like you did the right thing with your BF, Maybee he'll ask again when he's ready or maybee best friend is a better role for him and You'll find someone else who is better for you.

Aud, Rocktober! I like the sound of that. It's very autumny here, my exercise for today will be raking leaves.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #8  

Hey, no one around here even knows it's a holiday! I remember celebrating Columbus day up north, but no one in the south seems to know who Columbus was!!

I had a busy weekend cleaning out the bedroom of the 20 y.o. who moved out of the house. I know I'm crazy, but I hate my kids leaving the nest and I really hate getting rid of all their stuff, but the 15 y.o. wants the bedroom, so... It was a big project and I was an emotional mess but luckily too busy to eat. There was lots of lifting and moving, etc. I stayed on plan and even got the gym for some eliptical on Saturday, so I was kind of hoping for a big weight loss, but no. Weight is the same. I basically lost 8 pounds in three weeks, but all of it was in the first two weeks. I'm thinking I may have to cut out my one salad a day and I hate that Does anyone here use the sticks to check for ketosis? I have some in my bathroom cabinet, but they're past their expiration date. I haven't used them, just in case they're defective, but I hate buying more when I have those. I don't know how to find out if they're bad or not.

I was kind of considering doing low fat Atkins but I know what the book says about that. But it seems like since I tend to eat so much chicken, the only excess calories to cut are the fats, including salad dressing and cheese. After all, salad and chicken and even the occasional pork chop or salmon filet are low in calories as well as carbs.

So I don't know if I should cut carbs even lower or start cutting fat or go on the way I'm going. I can be patient, but there's a point where I really need some progress to keep going.

Sorry to hear about the illnesses. Is it possible the LC WOL affects your heart rate? Probably the stress is worse though.

Fluffy, I saw the red flag in your post last week too. It sounds to me like you did the right thing-especially leaving the door open for a future friendship that could easily become more. Concentrate on yourself first though.

So if anyone has an opinion on how to jumpstart my weightloss, I'm open to anything. Better get back to work now though. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #9  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Hey Ladies. Well I am battling allergies big time. I dont know what to take anymore. Medicine is so dang expensive.

MissyFluffs - I think you made the right decision to think about yourself first. You cant be right with someone else until you can be right with you. More power to you!

Aud You can get anyone into the holiday mood. LOL

FIT Great job on the pound lost.

BB I am so glad that you are feeling better.

Azure Good luck on getting everything done. I have to make a list and check it off as i go.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, it is raining buckets full here. I plan to clean house today. I had been eating on-plan but dove into a pumpkin pie last night that my SD baked. I forgave myself and got right back on plan today.

fluffy, sounds like you did the right thing with the BF. Wished many times I had the strength to have done the same thing.

lynnar, I'm watching both my cal's and carbs. Using turkey bacon and canadian bacon in substitution for my regular ham, sausage or bacon. It does help cut the fat and cals from my menu. I do eat fruit since it's low cal and hasn't hurt with my wt. loss and maintenance. While I was doing strict Atkins, I never had a problem with gaining from salads, but felt that LF ranch dressing was better for me and LF cheeses. (I had a real problem with overdoing it on the dressing and cheese). In the beginning of my wt. loss journey, the full fats didn't hurt me. But, the closer I got to goal wt. the more I had to also pay attention to how many calories I was eating. I use Fitday to log my daily food and it helps me watch both.

Hi to the whole group. Hope you have a great day.

Good news is I went shopping yesterday and finally found undies that fit. LOL, I have such a flat butt now that panty shopping is a pain the keister.

Last edited by lilybelle; 10-08-2007 at 03:38 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyFluffs View Post
On a personal note... I broke off my engagement yesterday. I'm still seeing him and all that, as he truly is my best friend. I just need him to be more into the whole wedding thing if I'm going to call him my fiance, and take myself off the market. So, I gave him the ring back, I told him he could try and ask again when/if he's more certain. Thanks to Puncie for giving me some good talking points. I asked him if he thought he would love me more if I lost more weight. He didn't know how to answer that. It made me realize that we have more problems than I thought. Time to put my life in a different direction, KWIM? I'm sad about it all, but at the same time I feel more empowered.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Wow Missy, I am so sorry to hear this news - I hope you are doing okay.

I feel like you are in my life because my boyfriend and I of 2 years broke up last night. He initiated it, he said he wasn't prepared for the type of commitment that I am ready for...and many other various reasons that I thought were insignificant...

We are best friends and it breaks my heart but what can ya do?? So now I am looking for studio apartments so I can move out of this situation ASAP... I wasn't about to get engaged or anything, but I definitely know how you feel.

In weight loss news....there isn't any, I haven't lost! Which I'm beginning to find slightly amusing...
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

I am a Zombie but just had the thought of hidden carbs pop into my Zombified Brain, lynnar.

Bad toothache . . .

Major pain pills . . .

Gonna dream of a studio apartment, I think kraw . .

Hang in there Girl!

Up early to find a dentist . . .

Arghghghghghghghg . . . .
Old 10-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #13  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Morning Ladies. Well I am finally feeling a little better and I am finally going to get to do some grocery shopping. I dont think that I told you guys, but last week they removed a non cancerous (sp) tumor out of the right side of my ab. It was the size of a soft ball. Well then I found out that I am allergic to the tape that they used so now I have all of these wonderful blisters around my incision and then my allergies hit me hard, so it has been a rough ride, but hey i am a trooper. so I should be able to start my first day of induction tomorrow and i am so excited to watch the pounds go go go and be gone. Hope everyone is well.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #14  

Good morning. It's my early day so I get to work before I eat breakfast or even wake up. I have my microwave omelet here at my desk. It's really not bad.

I thought about it all day yesterday and I guess there are carbs I can cut out of my diet (besides the salad). I know I eat too much cheese and I know there are a couple of carbs in the sausage I usually eat for breakfast. And sometimes I get my diet coke with fresh lime at Sonic. I don't think there's a lot of carbs there, but I guess I ought to try cutting all that before I cut my daily salad or do the low cal thing. The Atkins book specifically says not to use low cal products, although when I look at Lilybelle's stats I wonder if the book is kind of dated. Maybe I should be counting calories. That'll be my next thing if I do of week of purer Atkins and it doesn't work. I don't see myself every giving up caffeine completely (as I guzzle my third cup of coffee) so I'll never be an Atkins Purist. And I admire people who use food journals. Another thing I've tried and tried and failed and failed.

I'm only up this early because of the 15 y.o. cross country practice, but I discovered today that I almost like it. Strange for a person who has spent so many decades HATING getting up. I came out of the gym at 6:55 (for the 7 a.m. kid pick up) with my heart rate still high and my hair still wet for the shower, and the sun was just coming up and it felt kind of good. It was very pretty, and cool (we've been having that record breaking heat this fall) and very quiet. Do i love it enough to start a new early morning exercise regime when DD doesn't have CC? He!!, no. But it was nice.

Time to start my actual work day. Take care everyone.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #15  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Good Morning Everyone!

How are you all doing today?

Ilovemike4alwayz, wow a tumor! That's wondeful that they took it out, and the size of it, my gosh, I can't imagine how that would feel! And you are a trooper, your mental state is really good! Good for you for being as brave as your are!!!

Hi Lynnar, and Krawhitham, hang in there, you'll find the lc combination that will get you to lose weight. It's just trial and error with food to see what works and what doesn't. Sometimes you have to cut back on foods to see if it's stalling you or allowing you to lose.

When I eat, I usually eat fats and protein, that has been working for me. I'll cook my veggies and eggs in coconut oil, that is a good oil to use and aids in weight loss. I mainly eat for veggies, radishes, cucumber, and bell peppers. I occasionally will have cauliflower, broccoli and aparagus.
I eat lots of red meat and chicken cooked in coconut oil or grilled. My DH does a lot of grilling on Saturday, and we cook all our meats for the week, so I just heat it up and make my vegetables or salads. It does help to do things a head of time.

You'll find what's right for you and you'll be losing weight in no time!!
Hang in there Ladies!!!

Hi Aud, Ow, poor thing, toothaches are painful! I hope your tooth ache goes away, I'm sure once you see the Dentist! You hang in there too!

Hi BB, Bouncing (where are you!), Azure (have you ever thought about being a model?) Lily, Punce, Missy, who else, I hope I didn't forget anyone. This awesome group is growing into a nice little family!!
If I forgot you, please forgive me!!

I hope you all are doing good and I hope you all continue to lose! We can do this and lose this weight!!!

Take Care!!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote