3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   my addiction (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/123770-my-addiction.html)

2songbirds 09-27-2007 01:10 PM

my addiction

lately I've been hooked on something that's low carb (kinda) and sweet. I've been very naughty....

whipped cream/reddi whip. I go thru a can every couple days. I just can't help myself. I don't drink any diet stuff, so this is my fix

I also have to add that I am officially out of the 200's!! So far I've lost 28lbs in 3 months.

SO , what's everyone else's naughty addiction?

JerseyGyrl 09-27-2007 01:27 PM

Be careful of Reddi Whip...it contains sugar and depending which variety you are eating, it may also contain corn syrup.

My weakness is Fage Greek Yogurt! I love it with a few frozen blueberries, a splash of hazelnut or english toffee DaVinci's, a sprinkle of cinnamon & a few toasted, chopped almonds on top! Delish!!! Its pretty costly though....which actually is a good thing!;)

krawhitham 09-27-2007 01:55 PM

mine is dark chocolate...i'm not talking about wimpy 60% dark, i go for 75% dark...mmmmm! Of course I dont eat it on induction, but I plan on introducing it back in my diet as soon as I reach my goal weight. It'll be a treat :)

I dont get triggered by bad foods, so it really wont be a problem...but it certainly is a heavenly addiction haha...

cldwv 09-27-2007 01:57 PM

DaVinci's carmel syrup for my morning coffee. Heaven!

oncethin 09-27-2007 02:30 PM

I adore Heath Bars. The chocolate and toffee combo is great. But I can avoid sweets.....it's carbo's like pasta and potatoes that are my downfall.

cldwv 09-27-2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oncethin (Post 1871542)
But I can avoid sweets.....it's carbo's like pasta and potatoes that are my downfall.

Same here. Sweets don't really do it for me (except for that carmel syrup - but that's more a coffee thing). Salty things do me in! Speaking of potatoes, I could sure go for a baked potato.

Bouncing 09-27-2007 09:45 PM

Torani makes some sugar-free syrups. At my local grocery I can get vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel. Yum. I don't use it in my coffee all the time, tho. And I haven't found any other use for it.

My little sin is sugar-free jello, all stirred and broken up, with about 1/4 cup of heavy cream poured over the top. I have always liked liquid cream more than whipped cream, for some reason. I may have to someday figure out how to make a low carb scone. With almond four, sweetened with Stevia. Have a half a sliced scone with a few sliced strawberries on top, and some cream. Ahhhhhhhhh... sounds like an idea to store for maintenance, when I get there. I have a few strawberries with cream every once in a while now. It always startles me how far 2 tbs of cream can go!

2songbirds 10-01-2007 11:30 AM

I am NOT buying anymore reddi wip. I went through 2 cans in just under a week. My weight loss is more important than feeding my sweet tooth that I've acquired now.

akcher 10-01-2007 11:54 AM

I made a batch of Dixie Carb Counters Chocolate Chip Muffins yesterday. They were so good I had 3! I made 11 muffins out of that batch. Total per muffin 90 calories, 5 carbs.

JerseyGyrl 10-01-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akcher (Post 1875924)
I made a batch of Dixie Carb Counters Chocolate Chip Muffins yesterday. They were so good I had 3! I made 11 muffins out of that batch. Total per muffin 90 calories, 5 carbs.

I was looking at this muffin mix online and the first ingredient listed is....unbleached flour:?::?::?:

ilovemike4alwayz 10-07-2007 08:03 PM

I think land o lakes makes a sugar free whipped cream just like redi whip and it has no carbs or sugar. i used to use it when i did atkins the first time and i never stalled. so look into that.