Old 09-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

Default hello strangers

yeah i havent been on lately - still stuck at 189/90 its been a few wks and i eat 15-20 g per day.

i dont know what is up i hate it!
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 PM   #32  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Kim... that's a good point about the meats not being unlimited. I lost 50 lbs on Atkins back in 2002/2003, and I think getting carried away with proteins was part of why it stopped working for me and then I gave up.

Food buffets can really be evil, especially if you go to them all the time. There's lots of hidden carbs in the sauces that are served with the meats. I went on a 4 day cruise once and thought I was eating healthy but I had gained 10 lbs by the time I got home! Made me wish I'd gone ahead and had those cheesecakes.

I think the secret to buffets if you must eat at one is to only fill the plate one time(that's it!) with the healthiest choices.
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #33  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I firstly want to say HELLO to the new people postin'. Welcome aboard the LC train! Secondly, I want to give a big to all my girls. I'm woefully behind on posts and I need to crash really soon, or I would say hello individually.

Just wanted to update that I had a kick-*** day today. Breakfast wasn't on plan, but I turned it around and the rest of the day was perfection. And tonight I spent two hours in the gym (1 hour at Cardio Kickboxing then immediately after, I took the Step and Sculpt class) and burned 1200 calories! I feel invincible I've got to remember how accomplished I feel right now when I'm dragging my butt about getting there. This time last year there would have been NO WAY I could have survived 2 hours of intense cardio/kicking/light weights.

Tomorrow, my food's all planned out and I've scheduled in an hour for weights and HIIT if I'm not feeling completely dead or for walking if I'm super sore. I'm hoping for feeling okay--because the HIIT and weights would be a harder workout. I'm planning on doubling up the classes again on Thursday! I feel a Zone comin' on!

Love you girls, keep on keepin' on!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #34  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, Missy! Um, hidden carbs in cheesecake? I always thought the carbs in cheesecake were right out in the open, dancing madly in their little tutu's and singing in 3-part harmony!

When I first started Atkins, I did overdo the protein, but after a couple of days I was satisfied with much less. I find protein to be a sort of self-limiting thing. Funny thing about Atkins, it seems to yank the appetite right into line with a reasonable portion size. For me, anyway. And I crave veggies, too. Useta be I could eat a steak and not want any veggies at all. Not any more. First, the steak is a lot smaller, and I bbq it instead of pan fry. So lots less fat. Still plenty, but much less than previously. And I have to have a cooked veggie or a big salad, sometimes I crave both. If I have the carbs to spare, I have both when I want them.

Well, interesting development: no uti. Culture came up negative. So I though about what I could be doing differently, and came up with splenda. I've been putting it in trial recipes the last several days. So I went online, and found some different sites indicating that for some people it causes problems with liver, kidneys, and bladder (among numerous other symptoms). Seems not everybody tolerates it well. Some sites were clearly lunatic fringe, blaming splenda for everything from bad hair days to liver/kidney damage, to impotence, panic attacks, and alien abduction. Some of the sites, however, seemed to be backed by solid research, including a few places that said the original FDA trials showed swollen liver and kidneys in the test rats, which they somehow justified ignoring and not making public except to people who were willing to find/wade through the actual, densely technical lab results. So I'm going to go cold turkey, no more frankensweet. Think I'll try stevia instead -- it's a natural plant extract, not a pesticide research lab result. I guess the majority of people don't notice any side effects from splenda, but just in case I'm one of the few, I'll eliminate it for a while and see if anything changes. Darn, I may have to throw out my yummy blueberry muffins, and for sure the whipped coffee & cream "cheesecake" from Linda's Low Carb Recipes. Oh, well. Live and learn. I just may have to add another ten points to the "purism" score. I sure do seem to be moving in that direction.

Lily, hooray for the rings! I wondered where you were. I'll add my prayers for your son during my morning meditation. BB, Leo's already on the praylist. Has been for days.

Angi and Missy, Plateaus Happen, it seems. What causes them for me, it seems, is salt, not enough water, or no sustained, sweaty exercise.

Aud, yep, I have a secret crush on Lord Peter Wimsey. Alas, though, I have always suspected that Lord Peter is firmly attached to Bunter, Lady Harriet notwithstanding.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:11 AM   #35  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

FOUL ON BOUNCIE - NO SPEW ALERT!

Just. so. wrong.

On so many.

many. levels.

WIMSEY & BUNTER????????????

Judging on how fast I got the visual . . . I MUST have harbored my own suspicions!

Was already chuckling (God only knows why) over the poor lab rats kidneys (so glad it wasn't uti, btw!)

I've used and like stevia - *putting on grocery list*

Welcome missyfluffs - have no idea what that's all about but you avatar & slogan made me smile here in The Wee!

Catch up with you all after some much needed unconsciousness - just need to quickly tell azzie that I AM A MACHINE! Not sure what ZONE I'm in but yes, I'm 10 foot tall and indeed, BULLETPROOF.

Just thought you should know.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 AM   #36  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm up and about this early morning, much to my surprise!

Hey Az- good job getting the hour in of exercise. That kickboxing sure sounds like alot of fun! 1200, that's fantastic!! WTG!

Bouncing- you have a way with words. Too funny!! You need to write a book.

Hi to Aud, Punce, Lily, Missy, Chickadee- What's going on?

Hope is everyone has a Super day today!!!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:42 AM   #37  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Would you believe its starting to rain,and I have a appointment with the beauty parlor to get my hair cut & set. It never fails.Don't have to go until 12:30 so maybe the rain will stop or I guess I'll have to wear my rain hat.

Leos going for his exercise class this morning so I have a opportunity to bake my rev rolls,and get a little exercising done myself.

Hey,since I last posted, we caught a few new l/c's joining is ,welcome to our weight loss journey

Aud-Thanks for the prayers.I heard that having the throat stretched is just every day procedure,not like the old days,but just in case it nice to have prayers ready for him.

Punceziila-Sorry about you gaining,are you total low carbing.I found if I really stick to the Atkins I stall or gain,now I 'm adding more calories to my menu and I losing again. I used to be 1200 cal per day and I brought myself to 1600 and so far it working. Not losing a lot by 1- lb here and another 1-lb there.

Azure-Keep up the work with exercising. I have to work a little hard at that part of the diet. Gotten lazy during the hot summer,was up to 1000 mins of exercise per month but now I down to half.

Bouncing-Thanks for the prayers,I really appreciate them I believe that protein is essential on Atkins but not the fatty kind like sausages of any kind or the fatty bacons, I go lean on them. I take a protein shake [that has 2 net carbs and the milk I put in the shake is 1 net carb. ]when I hungry and it satisfies me while watching TV.

Have to go, will check in later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-19-2007 at 09:42 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #38  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Diana, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a size 7 ring is fat. I was talking about MY fingers only. For me to go down 2 ring sizes, my fingers had to be holding fat on them. I hope this makes sense. Heck, I even noticed when I bought this new ring that pretty much all the standard size rings are a 7 and it requires resizing to get one smaller. BTW, my SD is smaller than me and she wears a size 9 ring.

Shellie, thanks for the prayers for my son and my family.

BB, I hope you and Leo are both doing well.

Aud, glad you are in the ZONE.

Last night I sat on my butt and watched Biggest Loser. I was almost inspired to get up off the couch, but not quite.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #39  
On a De-fluffing Quest

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! It's great to have support from people following the same diet plan as you Nice to see you other ladies workin' it so hard!

Bouncie... Hidden carbs in cheesecake? Surely you jest...

Lilley... I saw your before and after pics when I was surfing around... Awesome!! You're quite an inspiration. How long have you kept it all off?

I had a bad night last night, drank some wine because I wanted to kill this bug in my throat (always works for me) and I woke up this morning back at 221!! ARRRGGHHH!! I can't wait to say goodbye to the 220s, they just don't want to let go.

Last edited by MissyFluffs; 09-19-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #40  
On a De-fluffing Quest

Oh... and I forgot to add...

Aud.. about my avatar and slogan. It comes from an inside joke in my fiance's family. His Mom has been obese ever since she quit smoking many years ago. She likes to say "I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy".. and somehow, "fluffy" became my nickname at some point

I like it, and started using it whenever I need a handle. But now.. it's time to say goodbye to the fluff..
Old 09-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #41  
Mrs. Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Diana, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a size 7 ring is fat. I was talking about MY fingers only. For me to go down 2 ring sizes, my fingers had to be holding fat on them. I hope this makes sense. Heck, I even noticed when I bought this new ring that pretty much all the standard size rings are a 7 and it requires resizing to get one smaller. BTW, my SD is smaller than me and she wears a size 9 ring.

Shellie, thanks for the prayers for my son and my family.

BB, I hope you and Leo are both doing well.

Aud, glad you are in the ZONE.

Last night I sat on my butt and watched Biggest Loser. I was almost inspired to get up off the couch, but not quite.

I know Lily, I was just kidding!!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #42  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Managed to read the Frankenfood Thread b4 passing out last nite - didn't make for pleasant dreams! MUST get some stevia FAST! On my way to becoming a whole foods purist . . . just not anywhere close to being there yet - the terror is there under the surface - feeling like that lab rat with the chemicals already! Didja read missyfluff's Post about uti's in that Thread, bouncie? Sounded EXACTLY like what you've experienced. Great Read jerseyG! Tx for Posting it!

So glad you checked in chickadee! *Surrounding you with the omnipotent love and protection of THE DANCING CARROT* On my latest return to 3fc/low carb I vowed to myself to Post regardless of how I was feeling - it's kept me motivated and I highly recommend it! The support here is awesome and everyone can relate so easily to those times. Talking about how I'm feeling with those that have the same struggle has soooooo helped me tweak-it/pick myself up out of the carb-medicate gutter so many times! This journey is definitely not all sunshine and light for most. Yes, the is sometimes the only constant.

OMgosh, I'm soooo glad you found your rings lily!!! Don't think I could have cyber-forgiven your DH for that one - so whatta relief! What about the bracelet? What about the safe deposit box now that you're getting things together? I'm thinking your new rings can symbolize a new start with Hub. Tx for the SGOT info - glad the ole liver is in range - gave it a Football Beer Rest this past Sunday to boot.

Fluffy? I like it - will use that thought when I'm thinking of myself as an overweight/out of shape mass of blub. I've got the karaoke in my head going to that one already - to the tune of: I Feel Lucky - ooooooh I feel FLUFFY today - hit it boys!

Doncha love the study on how amazing subjects do when anonymous folks are praying for them without their knowledge, beachie? Favorite. Study. Ever. My basically atheist Big Brother recovered from a life/death/staph infection/life support a few years back when that study came out - I had him on so many prayer lists within our church and region - also at my work and HIS work. Dr.'s had NO explanation on how/why he recovered from total system failure! I've kept you and Leo on my prayer list for quite some time . . . along with lily's DS. (Saw the excerpt of Sally Field's at the Emmy's saying 'if Mothers ruled the world there would be no wars' - must agree and give her an Amen on that one!)

angihali - where are ya? Still wanting to know how the water supply/quality is in Kuwait and if you're drinking lots??? Where are ya from originally?

Not sure if this would be possible puncie - but how 'bout doing some grocery shopping while @ parents? Something along the lines of "Look, this is the diet I'm on and I've gotta have these foods available while I'm here!" OR make it a medical issue - like about your blood sugar or something - not technically a lie, right? Carbs - hidden or otherwise are surely causing an epidemic of insulin resistant folks to say the LEAST! Have a big ole pack of hamburger in the box and if worst comes to worst - fry a burger up instead of the fare offered. (??????)

Pack the cinnamon too - just LOVE that idea!

Sorry for the ramble - dh just told me he let me sleep late again 'cause he has an appointment that can't be re-scheduled so I'll have to be late for work to be here for DD after school - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - *deep breath*

Ok, I've moved on and need to move out of this PC Chair . . . . tx for the tips Missyfluffs & deedee!
Tx for being so inspirational fit!

ttyal in The Wee!

Last edited by aud; 09-19-2007 at 03:22 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #43  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Okay ladies, I have to come clean. I blew my lc plan yesterday with my birthday celebration. I was really good at lunch and had a cobb salad but I had a huge piece of chocolate cake. In addition to that I went to Trader Joe's and bought a fresh baguette and a bottle of Pinot Noir which I brought home to a dinner of pasta my honey made for an intimate b-day dinner. I've tried the lc thing in the past and it really works if you stay on plan. I know, I know - every eating plan works if you stay on plan but I found I would gain weight back so quickly if I ate even a morsel of bread and I love my french baquettes. My plan now is to eat small portions of a variety of good whole foods with a large emphasis on veges and fruits, chicken and fish and beef maybe only once a week and remain consistent with my exercise plan. I'll treat myself once a week to a delicious dessert. Thank you, thank you all for your warm welcome and support. You are a wonderful group of ladies. Wish me luck with my new plan. I just need to find my way to what works for me and stick with it!
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #44  
Mrs. Determined

Much success to you DeeDee!!! You can do it, if you want it and it sounds like you do!!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:38 AM   #45  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Holy scale, batman! Monday's cheat meal led to later-in-the-day binges. Monday was a full-on carb extravaganza, when it wasn't supposed to be. I think the play from now on is to go OUT to eat for a single meal next time--that's a month away, though, so I guess I'll worry about it then. I expected a gain on the scale, but 157 was a tad hard to swallow...then this morning after Tuesday afternoon and yesterday on plan, I'm 158! I wanted to die. I'm not going to freak out yet, though. I've decided that Saturday or Sunday is my weigh-in day from now on, since that's when I'm posting my TBL weights. I'm hoping that my day of binging didn't cause much real fat gain. I'm going to guzzle water and watch my salt and hope that that number goes away...

I love Atkins...I don't love the numbers that pop onto the scale after a day of eating things I shouldn't. If I were on a plan with carbs as a higher daily intake, a day of indiscretion wouldn't equal a 4 pound gain on the scales! I guess it also means that my "real" weight is about 4 pounds higher than I want to admit it is--after all glycogen (and the water that comes with it) isn't fat...

I'm sorry for this, it's turning into a rant--is my downness coming through? I felt so invincible Tuesday...I'm going to just have to DO it today.

I love you girls. Thank you for giving me a place to vent this
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote