FIBER! how can i incorporate more?

• hi being that this is only day 2 of my induction i am a bit curious as to how you all get the daily recommended amt of fiber - before the diet i ate plain oatmeal daily, at least 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of veg as well as high fiber bread so i am a bit concerned that i will have an issue (since my body is used to around 30 grams a day)- if you know what i mean since i am gettin only about 8 grams at this point. once i am out of induction(although i plan to stay in it a bit longer then the 2 wks) i am not worried about getting enough fiber its just during the next few wks. any ideas???
  • I don't know about the diet u r on--but I add fiber by eating 4--prunes which is 3 grams and adding metamucil tabs which is 2.4 grams..Good Luck!!
    RR
  • I buy the fiber in powder form (that is odorless and tasteless) and sprinkle it on my food. You don't taste it or smell it or even know it's there!
  • I bought fiber capsules but didnt' even need them after the first two weeks. I think Ebplus3 has a great idea with the powder.
  • I plan to stay on Induction for quite awhile and incorporate fiber by getting those 2 cups of vegetables in religiously - sometimes a bit more than 2 cups. I also take 2 fiber pills when I wake up with a ton of water - if I skip a bm - I up that to two more b4 my last meal of the day.