Weekly Chat 7/9-15

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Morning ladies! Well, didn't do the best this weekend--but better than previously so I'm going to consider it a success. I stepped on the scale a couple days ago and was down a pound so I was happy with that. I have to work on getting back to strict induction otherwise I'll never stay OP. When I allow "a little of this" or "some of that" it doesn't work. Hope you all had a great weekend
  • Morning

Brenda, WTG on the lb lost!!

Doing good here, & getting my exercise in.

Have a great day ladies!
  • Hi ladies,

I got great news last night. My son's Army Unit is coming home next Monday. Some of the guys in his unit wern't "up to Par" to be deployed . They are now scheduled to redo the Desert Training in April. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this might mean they won't be deployed for quite a while. Two of the other Units he has been working with are going straight to Iraq, but his group is coming home. I really look forward to seeing him and I miss him alot.

I'm trying to get back on track today after a total weekend of food blowout with the family reuniion. I did my grocery shopping yesterday and it's back to all healthy food in my house.

My garden is going great. I picked bunches of fresh tomatoes, squash, green beans and corn on the cob last night.

Everyone else here is still asleep and I'm aggravated that the girls didn't do the dishes last night like I told them to. I awoke to find 2 sinks of dirty dishes. I did them as I didn't have a single clean coffee cup. I'm thinking I'll now make them do the dishes all week for not obeying me.

I've absolutely gotta go to the bank and pay my bills. So, I hope everyone has a good day and I'll catch up more later.
  • Good morning!

Brenda, congrats on the loss!
    I also have a problem with a "little of this'' & a "little of that" it always seems to lead to a ''little more of this'' and ''a little too much of that''.

Lily, I'm glad your son is comming home!
    I remember being a teenager and having to wash dishes, back then I thought my parents just had kids to use us as slaves. Just wait til the're on there own and have to do everything for themselves.

Everyone else, Lets all have a wonderful week!
  • Good Morning everyone! I'm the newbie and am so happy to say that I've lost 7 pounds in the last four days! So far I'm finding this a very easy diet to live with. I'm not hungry or bored yet with the food choices I have.

I've been reading lots of posts here and have gotten lots of good tips and recipes!

Looking forward to getting to know lots of you Adkins followers!
  • Hi Sara, and welcome to Atkins! Isn't it wonderful how quickly the weight can drop off?

Just remember to try not to get discouraged when/if the loss slows down. A lot of what we lose in that first big rush is water weight, and our bodies need time to adjust to the new fuel-burning system afterward, so there may be days or even weeks when the scale doesn't move. But keep at it! I know the weight loss is great, but in the end it's all about your health.

(Now if only I could take my own advice instead of hopping on the scale every day, LOL!)

I'm so glad to see another "newbie" who's enjoying herself!

Everyone else: good morning! Hope you have a great day.
  • Callystia, your stats are awesome. How long have you been doing Adkins?

I know the first few weeks are the quickest in losing weight, I'm just so happy that I'm losing and I'm not starving myself.....lol

Having this site to keep motivated when the weight loss starts to slow down or stall is going to be a great tool. Its nice to find people in the same boat and doing the same diet.
  • This site is priceless; I would never have lost the weight I did without it.

Thanks for the compliment, but unfortunately not all the weight was lost in ways as healthy as Atkins. MOST of it was--all but about fifteen pounds--but I did have a period of both starving myself and bingeing/purging. Not recommended, and I'm so glad I came back to this way of eating.

I've had several instances of "taking a break from my diet", which I shouldn't have done as they just stretched out longer and longer...so it's taken me a few years to drop 85ish pounds. I really wish I'd just stuck with Atkins from the beginning, because I would have been at goal long ago.
  • What a journey you've had Callystia. Thanks for sharing. I've been on several different diets, done all sorts of diet pills, and have fasted a few times to lose that quick 5-10 lbs.
    At this point in my life I'm at my all time high and I just knew that I had to do something different and from what I've read the Adkins Diet seemed the right way for me to go. I need a life change. No more dieting.

This site will help me tremendously and I have my husband eating what I'm eating.......so he's a wonderful help-mate here at home!
  • Good morning

Dh and I forgot to get out of bed when the alarm went off Good thing the shop is literally around the corner!!

Doing good, and getting my exercise in.

Have a great day ladies.
  • Morning everyone-

Lily I am so happy that your son is home for now. You must be relieved.

Cally I hear you about regretting not sticking to the plan for longer. But it is important that now we are doing it !

Robin Way to go on your exercising

Sara Welcome and congrats on your loss.

The last couple of days I have been experimenting with calories, foods etc. I found a program similar to fit day that I am now journaling my food in daily. I have always journaled my daily food. However, I did not watch specifics like calories. I should get my atkins book today or tomorrow. I am excited about that. I am hoping to lose my 2lb gain frm last week this week.
  • Hi ladies,

Welcome Sara and WTG on that first 7 lbs., that is great.

I am very happy to know my son is coming home.

I'm still trying to get back on track with my eating. I am getting some exercise, but it would be better if this rain would go away. I had HulaHoop contests with my kids last night. LOL, I'm getting pretty dang good at it.

I'm getting tons of fresh veggies now from my garden. I can't wait til my watermelons are big enough to eat .

My DH is sick with a respiratory infection and I've been trying to coerce him to go to a doctor. (stubborn man). I'm afraid he'll end up with pneumonia if he doesn't get his butt in there. It is obviously not a viral infection because no one else here has gotten sick and I catch EVERYTHING. He's been coughing and hacking for almost 2 weeks. Yuck.

I'm glad to say my clothes still fit. I'm sitting here in my size 6 Levi's that my son bought me. They are so big on me that the crotch is hanging halfway to my knees. LOL, I guess I am gonna have to go change jeans. (I felt fatter is why I put these on, LOL).
  • Lilly I can not wait until my crotch hangs low. (of my jeans not the other) I can feel my scrub pants starting to get loose, (Starting to hang. )but the ones smaller are too tight. and same with the scrub shirts. the 2x fit a bit loose except at the hips where they fit good now. but the 1x are just too tight at the hips.

I am sad to say that a pair of jeans shorts that fit me last year still fit me this year. I wish they were too big but I must be patient!!!
  • I remember the first time I realized my 22s had gotten so baggy I could just pull them down without unbuttoning them. That was how I knew it was time to make a run to Goodwill! LOL

Don't know if I'll ever be to the point of 6s being baggy, but it'll be fun to at least not have to hold my breath to wear them.

Y'all wish me luck, please. The husband and I have to take a road trip Thursday and Friday, then we're flying to LA for a week starting Sunday. I don't think I'll be tempted by carbs--although TOM is coming so who knows--but eating well while traveling can be tough.
  • Cally - Enjoy your trip

nasus- hang in there keep on keeping on The clothes will get loose soon.

I had my weigh in this morning and I lost 1 lb. Better then nothing! I know now that I am watching different things that I neglected to before I will lose more in the coming weeks .