Lack of energy?

• My husband is doing Atkins and has been for about 3 weeks now (and has lost 15 pounds). However, I've noticed that he doesn't have as much energy as he used to.

Case in point, for the last two weekends, he has slept in past 9:00 AM each of those mornings (including right now). He hasn't done that in many, many years (since we have two young kids), as he is usually up with them at 7:00 AM and wide awake. He also says that he is a bit more tired at work lately as well.

Has anyone else seen a reduction of energy on Atkins?
  • as the body is changing the fuel source lack of energy will be a big issue (must take your vits and potassium at that time) but suddenly you will see a bigger burst of energy that you have never seen. (DH and I redid our dining room the year he and I was really into it!!) now we have not done another room since. hang in there almost over the sluggishness
  • The lack of energy didnt last long for me (the first week). Is he getting enough water? eating enough veggies? Taking some vitamins? still on induction? if so, I would just hang in there and mabee try adding a few more veggie carbs. after the first 2 weeks he should be able to add a few more good carbs and still lose.
  • Same with me. The first 10 days I was so tired, all I wanted to do was sleep, I was having a hard time waking up and I would want to fall asleep at work. Thank God I work for my Dad!
    Then after that passed I couldn't stop doing things, I even surprised myself.
    Tell your husband to hang in there this phase will pass and do what the others said, eat more veggies and take vitamins.
    This is normal.
  • I have a good amount of energy but Im terribly Onery!!! Yikes my poor family! Any suggestions?
  • Is he eating frequently like every 3-4 hours or just huge protein meals? May need to break up into smaller meals more frequently(??) All the advice here is good - I would just second lotsandlots of water.

I get an energy surge almost immediately each time I "do" Atkins.