Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chick Chat June 4-10/07

Good Morning

Today starts day 4...Im down 6lbs. Many more to go!

We'll be at the shop for a while today, but other than that, thats it. Nothing planned, and nothing exciting going on around here.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Wind is blowing,excepting a huge storm heading our way,so I guess no walking along the beach today.

Robin-Thanks for starting is up this week,and big congrats on your 6 lb weight loss. I think I'm going back to induction,not going to wait, like I was planning to do. You're my inspiration,need to get these pounds off.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #3  
Jabunney

S/C/G: 198.6/190.3/140

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone!

I haven't checked in because I haven't been at work Thursday or Friday and of course not the weekend... Ahhhhh nice a little time off... Anyway. I cheated a little. had a few chips for my pampered chef party not up or down I think I kinda evened things out. Have read a lot about the ******* today, really would love to lose like that but everything seems to say that isn't healthy at all!!

Hope everyones week is starting off GRRRREAT!
not to many posts today...

Have a good night!
ja
jabunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Hello all! A big shout out to all who either lost or held their wt - it's always better than a gain. Keep it going, we inspire each other.

I'm holding - I guess 4 Krispy Kremes the other day temporarily stalled me. That and the accidental ingestion of that honey bun with milk this AM - what - yep, I slipped a big. This last week I've been wishy washy with my diet - no normal for me to do that. I'm usually kind of militant about sticking to the plan with my food anyway. Must get my willpower willpower willpower back. Or maybe just my grit.

Garden is growin like weeds - literally - I got behind on the weeding - good exercise trying to catch it up.

Work going good - got to stay home tonight, hopefully. Planning to whoop out some frozen lobster bits wrapped in bacon I've been saving to share with DH. Movie and lobster? Who needs popcorn.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Robin WTG on the 6 lbs. That is fantastic.

Hi BB, hope you're safe from the storms.

jabunny, glad you got a little time off.

Arkansas Kel, sounds like you got the sweet binge over with and can now get back on program. I had a few of those myself along the way. (mine was usually cake or no-bake cookies). Kell, those weeds do take over quickly. I know that I weed all mine at least every 2-3 days and it's a lot of exercise.

My little world, well yesterday I was so incredibly sore from working outside for 5 hrs. on Sunday that I could barely move on Monday. My ribs felt like they had been squeezed continuously in a vice grip. I took a bunch of ibuprofen and I do feel somewhat better today. I cooked my first fresh squash last night and it was great. I'll be cooking some fresh peas tonite with a home-made meatloaf, it should be good.

I've had some problem again lately with "irregularity" and have been quite miserable for 4 days with it. But, it seems now to have cleared and I feel like I lost 5 lbs. LOL. I no longer feel tender, swollen and bloated.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Once again we are having trouble with our business website and email....its very stressful to me when this stuff is messed with by someone else. Hopefully this new webhoster will be more responsible than the last.

Ive discovered a new coffee treat!! I have my coffee with 1/2 & 1/2, caramel davinci sugar free syrup, and just a little pinch of cardamom! I just love it!!

Eating is still op and Im past the 3 day mark, and Im doing much better.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #7  
Jabunney

S/C/G: 198.6/190.3/140

Height: 5'5

Hey All Good morning!

Arkansas Kel ~ Sounds awesome! I am sure we have all done that, last night i felt so sick to my stomach, and puked 3 times, had my DH go get me some "KRISPY CRACKERS, IN THE WHITE BOX WITH BLUE WRITING" I just had to have that, with a diet sprite zero... but today I am down 2lbs, oh well...

lilybelle ~ Funny Friday since I was off I went to the gym and took my favorite class which I haven't been able to go to since I started my job (a month and a half) since it is only on Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:00 AM but after that they added a 15 minute ab class, Saturday and even yesterday while I was puking my tummy hurt so bad but it was kind of funny, I told my friend I miss that feeling... I need to start working out again. I do miss it. I need or let me say I want to buy a step, so I can do that at home, then maybe walk with the DH after dinner??? Since it has been so nice here.

As for me I think that my "irregularity" may have finally come to a stop! for this week... After almost 3 weeks of being on that Gees!!! Oh well.

Today I have some chicky breast for lunch with mix of veggies, carrots, broccoli, and peppers and some aspargus with a little cheese on it... I bought those veggies for my party at sams club and really have enjoyed having them in the fridge, available to grab and eat whenever, and I got a huge bag for 3-4 dollars, and seperated the assortment, and added some peppers..just put them in my own pan all pretty, much cheaper then buying some platter at the grocery store...

Well you all have a GREAT day and I will be back later... Still wishing that I could have a garden... Oh well...
jabunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry I was here this morning as I was having problems with my computer.Still one of the message boards I post to,is still messed up. The advertisements are over lapping over the days post and I can't read them.

We also had to go take my DH to the hospital for a chest x-ray he had some blood in his mucus this morning. The cancer doctor told him to get an x-ray just as a precautionary measures.

Ja-Do you think that you could eat:hunger: like that even if the ******* was healthy???????I don't think so, it doesn't give you a variety of foods to choice from,and I think you'd be on it for a long time. The Atkins does give you more food choices as you continue to up your carbs,and to me that heathlier. Have a great time at your party.

Kel-You'll lose that stall,since you have the willpower. We all have a taste here & there of the NONO foods.Any type of gardening is good exercise.

Lily-Glad to hear your feeling better. Yike!! sorry about your sore ribs. What brought that on???????I guess too much gardening,but look you have fresh veggies for your meals. That a + Plus. Didn't get that much of a storm,just some light rain and a few thunder bummers w) at few flickers of lightning.

Robin-Coffee sounds delish.Sorry about your website,hopefully things will work out.

Have a great day

Hugs BB
Old 06-06-2007, 12:54 AM   #9  
lilybelle

BB, on Sunday I worked outside for 5 hrs. digging up all my potatoes and hoeing the ground, weeding it and planting pumpkins which took me 3 hrs. Even though I was already sore, after a short break, I went back out and manually trimmed trees (using a ladder) and big hedge clippers for 2 more hrs.. I just totally overdid it. But, I am better now. DH gave me a great back rub with lotion and that helped plus lots of ibuprofen. I guess all the ladder climbing hurt me too because my Butt hurt. LOL.

Tonite I made fresh steamed peas for the first time. They were sweet and delicious. I had never tried them before but DH used to eat them and loves them. I look forward now to picking even more to eat. I also had some fresh tomatoes and potatoes tonite from the garden. I just love growing our own food. So much tastier than store bought and really cheap (except for all the sweat I've put in the garden, LOL). I cooked extra lean hamburger steaks with our dinner. DH said "that was the best meal I've had in a long time". He always brags on my cooking, but this man could eat anything fresh grown, anytime.

I came in at 1450 calories today per Fitday and worked 1.5 hrs. in garden and walked a mile on treadmill. So, I feel like I'm back on the right track again.

BB, I hope your DH is feeling better soon. That sure sounds scary.

My son has what looks like a spider bite on his tummy. It is red, swollen , tender and has a white circle in the middle of it. He knows he was bitten but didn't see the offender. He is feeling lousy in general. His skin looks almost sun-burned all over and his hands and feet have rash and are itching. I gave him 2 benadryl. I plan to take him to the Dr. in the AM. (We're trying to avoid the ER if possible since he just changed jobs and doesn't have his new insurance in effect yet). He's not throwing up and not having any breathing problems so hopefully we can wait til the AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:12 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

DH is OK, the x-rays came back negative,but it was scary at the time.

I was able to get some walking done this morning before the rain started. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my wrist weights.DH just walked 10 mins and waited for me by the bridge ,while I continued another 20 mins power walking with my arms swinging. This after noon I will do some more doing my walking tapes.

Lily-Thanks Have to keep watching as you never know. Gee!! You have such a green thumb wish I had the patients & ground to plant such nice veggies. We living in a townhouse community don't have the excess to the grounds as they are call common. So we have 3 whiskey barrels on our patio with 2 tomato plants in each. I also have a basil,oregano & parsley in my herb pots. I think I'm going back to fit day myself,didn't like it at first as I had to type every ingredient in,and it took forever. Have to keep tab on my calories and carb count.,I think I go low in the carb area. Sorry to hear about your son,spiders should make webs and catch insects not biting people. Your son is the second case within a week that I heard be bitten by spiders. We have a mosqitoes that are in our sump to worry about.

Have to go,and get started working around here.

Hugs BB
Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Well, I've stayed on the wagon. In fact, I feel like I'm sitting up front in the drivers seat right now. I'm staying OP like I used to - my stick-to-it-ness is back. As I hope it stays. I'm down a pound. I think it's good. Better down than up. Now I'm only 5 lbs up from where I left off for 3 weeks. Isn't it amazing - off plan for 3 weeks and shot up 11 pounds.

Lilly, I sure hope the bite is minor. I see a lot of folks at the hospital that think they have one and don't, but for that few it's true. I hope his heals fast.

Yes, the gardening is hard work. My garden was watered while I was sick by mother nature. It was good wet weather for my little plants. Now I water it from my AC drip and the hose. While I was sick the weeds took over and I'm still catching that up. Every am out I go with my little bucket and tools. The cat helps. Well, she just digs around and I actually pull the weeds, but I call it help cause she loosens some of them up for me.

For those that recall the saga - I have managed to get summer school straightened out and fall. Just some paperwork to get in. Summer is all web classes. Both classes sound interesting so it should be a good summer. BSN look out here I come.

I'm planning to rent the biggest loser exercise tape from the tV show to see if I can get me motivated to exercise more consistently. Anyone tried that one out?

Kudos to any losers this week and a big "stick to it" to all.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life

....busy day, but Im still ontrack
Old 06-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #13  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I had a nice weekend with my friends, Definately not OP, up 3lbs this morning so I'm back on induction today. And feelin' a little green.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #14  
lilybelle

Ladies, when DS woke up today he was hurting so much he couldn't even bend to put his shoes and socks on. I tried to get him in to our family Dr. but the office was closed for vacation. So, I took Shane to the ER. The Dr. said it looked like a fiddleback spider bite. It had a 4" circumference of hot, red skin with lots of swelling and a black necrotic center. He was running a high temp. and feeling sick at his stomach. They put him on 2 different antibiotics and some pain pills, plus gave him a shot of Demerol (which made him throw up). I have to take him back on Friday to have it lanced and drained. Since it is on his right lower abdomen, he now has swelling in the right inguinal canal. My poor kiddo is miserable. The Dr. gave him a note saying that he can't do PT at Army Drill this weekend, but I don't know if the Army will heed this note or not.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #15  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Ouch ! Poor guy I hope he feels better soon.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote