Old 06-01-2007, 07:49 AM   #31  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I couldnt get anything posted here last night.

works now tho

Today is a fresh start....100% op and NO SUGAR!!

Ive put up progress pictures of the store in my blog if your interested.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #32  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun is out and Leo & I will go down to the beach to get our walking done.I'm going to use hand & leg weights when walking. Need to add more to our stroll along the beach. I had to use the bike [AM]and a video type"March to Fitness" [PM] to exercise at 1 hr yesterday,because of the rain.

I W-I today and I maintained,with that I"m happy as the Holiday weekend with all the BBQ's would have made me gain. Going to Plan for a 2 lb loss every month until I reach my goal by the end of the year.I think thats doable as its only .5 each week. I have to face facts that I will not lose more that,being of my age,and my body aging all the time.

Have to go, Leo want to go out to Buy some top soil for our tomato & herb plants.

Will post later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #33  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I'm back on program now with my eating. Even dined out last night and stuck to plan.

OMG, last night we went to Karaoke with my son. My son put a duet for me and him in to sing. LOL, I sang it with him. He announced to the whole crowd that I'm his "mom". We got lots of cheers. Usually I will never sing in public because I'm too shy, but we really had fun and didn't sound bad either. I think the song was called "I Put Your Picture Away" by Kidd Rock and Sheryl Crow. We're going back to Karaoke tonite because DS is in the last semi-final round tonite of the competition. The really great thing was that I over-heard the DJ and some other men discussing that there was "NO WAY" that I looked old enough to be his mother. LOL.

BB, unfortunately I think my 2 lbs. gain was cookie weight, not water weight, but I'll get it right back off now that I'm back on plan. I have faith. LOL. I do feel fatter and last night when I was getting dressed to go out, I had a hard time finding anything that made my tummy look flat. I told DH, "I feel like a cow". He's a smarta@@ and said "Yum, I love beef". LOL. I threatened to smack him.

nasus, WTG on the new haircut.

Kel, hope your butt muscle heals soon. WTG on your new hairstyle and on pampering yourself a little.

Puncezilla, I will miss my son terribly when he leaves. It's hard for me to even think about it. I am so afraid for him.

My back is hurting today, I'm sure it's just all the hard work that I've been doing outside.

I'm off now to take Lacy to the Dr. to have a lipid level drawn. She is NPO and whining that she can't eat breakfast til she gets done.

We had a little fiasco yesterday. I went with my SD to pick up her 3 yr. old son to take him to an appt. with his pediatrician. He is living with his Dad and the Dad's mother. The dad was at work. The MIL refused to let Samantha take him and physically grabbed her arm and pushed her out of the house. Now this was uncalled for. The dad already told her to pick up the child and take him to the doctor. We called Sam's attorney and were instructed to go file a police report, which we did. Sam is 8 months pregnant and definitely doesn't need to be shoved around. We called the dad and he said he'd "talk to his mother" and then he turned the phone off and we were never able to get back ahold of him. The MIL took the child to the ER and we called there. We were told that the child doesn't have MRSA like the MIL had said, he has a Mosquito Bite, LOL. That woman is an idiot. This woman has taken this child to the ER at least 20 times in his 3 yrs. of life.

Last edited by lilybelle; 06-01-2007 at 10:40 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #34  
beachbum

Hi There

We bought our tomato plants and we will put them in our 3 whiskey barrels over this weekend.Our herbs will go outside also, on our deck.

Walked for 30 minutes this morning and it feels good to get back to 60 of exercising each day compared to what I did in the month of May .

Kel-thanks for the willpower dust: I really need it after the holiday weekend.Sorry to hear about your fall, I did the same thing at my DD House but I fell off a chair trying to catch my DGS from falling. Well my bun was sore as I hit my back bone. Luckily I fell on a golf bag instead of a hard concrete floor.Hope you get better soon.

Nasus-I like short hair especially in the summer time.You'll feel lot cooler with it.

Robin- I don't crave sugar as much as saltyfoods. I have to watch my salt intake now that the weather is getting warmer and water retention is among us. Here some

Lily-Congratulations on your Karaoke debut . Didn't know he have a *star* among us.Oh !! That a great feeling,what the man said,you look young in the avatar picture.I have that problem also a round tummy and its the hardest place to lose. You should have butt kicked you DH for that remark LOL.

Have a nice day

Hugs BB
Old 06-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #35  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I took the liberty to start an exercising log for the month of June.All welcome to post there,once Leenie puts it up as a Sticky.

Have to go, want to get down to beach to do some walking before the parking lot gets full.

Will post later

Hugs BB
Old 06-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #36  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning!

I did it!! I made it thru day 1 *whew*

k, day 2 is underway!!

Yesterday was our first official "open" day at the store. Actually had a couple walk-ins, and 2 pickups for things that had been ordered while we were painting the store, and not officially open. Pretty cool. I have a very good feeling about this, and I think we are going to do quite well.

Our neighbour told us about a new food concept place. Its called "my plates or yours" if you want to check them out, just put the title in with a .com at the end of it. I plan to stay on atkins for 2 weeks, then switch to low carb weight watchers. Simply because I miss the melons and berries too much in the summer time. I need a bit more flexibility to stay on plan. Especially since I have well over 100lbs to loose again. Anyway, its a really neat concept, dh and I are going to go next week, and get our 6 dishes (each dish serves 4-6 meals). I get so tired of trying to think of what to cook, and trying to please everyone. This way, dh can pick out 2, I can pick 2, and dd can pick 2!! Pretty cool.

Thats what is happening in my little corner of the world....have a great day ladies.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #37  
lilybelle

BB, I'm defintiely not a Karoke star but It just felt good to not be too embarassed to get up and sing. We had fun. Thanks for getting our exercise thread started. I'll post on it today. I had kind of a bad day yesterday with pain over my liver and didn't get any exercise done. (barely got off the couch all evening).

Robin, It's good to see that your store is "officially open". That is neat. I hope your business goes great.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #38  
beachbum

Lily
Sorry to hear about you pain in your liver.Hope that your feeling better soon.

Robin
Congrats on making it the first day.I know I'm having the same problem staying OP. Manybe I should go back to Induction.What the Low carb/ww are you on??? What low carb are you trying???? & do you count points with WW???? I think I doing the same as you are. Try to hang around 25-32 carbs and use 20-25 pts from the WW plan.The problem with that is when my carbs are low my points are down also.Can't seem to stay on the pt range.

Have great day

Hugs BB
Old 06-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #39  
Lovin' Life

BB, I am doing induction for 2 weeks, then I do points with lowcarb choices. I will still stay away from breads, potatoes, white rice and sugar. I find if I lower my fat intake, I have more points to work with....that way I can have a huge steak and mushrooms without it taking my entire days point count. I still have 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee, but I take that out of the weekly alloted extra points. Once I get going, I'll post my menu if you like. Wont be for 2 weeks tho.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:01 AM   #40  
beachbum

Thanks Robin for explaining your plan to me. That would be great to see your menu.Meanwhile I'll just watch the carbs & fat count in my menus.

thanks again

Hugs BB
Old 06-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 215/209/135

Well this is day 1 of induction for me. I have been doing WW, but I have gotten stalled. I really liked Atkins when I was on it before. You know once you get past the headaches. So here's to a GREAT day 1!!
tamikathomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #42  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Life of leasure for me today clean clean clean start work tomorow. I am excited but need to get things done will post later.

Lilly that was inexcuseable what the woman did to your SD you did the right thing. Glad it was not MRSA. Where did she get that idea??? what right does she have to take your child to the doc??? especially the ER.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #43  
lilybelle

tamika, wishing you the best with your induction. Welcome to the Atkins chat.

nasus, she's an idiot. She runs those kids to the ER everytime they get a scratch, bug bite or bruise. BTW, she worked as an LPN many, many, years ago. This is no lie, as many times as she's taken the kids to the ER, it's a wonder DHS hasn't been notified. She's been known to call for an ambulance to take them 2 blocks to the ER for an ear infection. Even when Samantha had custody of the kids , I would warn her of letting the kids stay with the MIL because of all this non-sense. Of course, it never stopped Sam, as she liked having an anytime free baby-sitter. This MIL is gonna be in big trouble come Monday. Sam has an appt. with her attorney and the attorney is filing Social Security fraud charges again the MIL for keeping the 2 little boys 24-7 for the past 3 months. In SS's eyes, if you can babysit full time, you can get a job. (The MIL is drawing disability and will lose her check).

Last edited by lilybelle; 06-03-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #44  
Lovin' Life

Tamika!

I made it thru yesterday

Ive got the headaches, and yucky feelings today. But Im getting my water in, so I know it will all be flushed out soon!!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #45  
lilybelle

Robin, WTG on getting through day 1.

I just spent 3.5 hrs. in my garden. I pulled up all the potatoes. Then cleared that big spot and made my neat little rows and planted pumpkins. (which I don't know what I'll do with them, just wanted to plant em, LOL). Then I mowed around my garden area. My back is starting to get sore from all the work. But, if I'm OK this evening, I plan to trim trees in the back yard (did the front yard ones the other day). I'm taking a break right now and trying to recuperate a little.