Question for anyone who has used sugarfree syrup

• Question for anyone who has used sugarfree syrop, I'v been wanting to try the Di vinci or waldon farms calorie free syrup, but cant find much info on it . They don't seem to have an ingredients list on the web site, so my questions are ,
    Are these made with sugar alcohols?
    how can they be carb and calorie free?
    and Are they any good?
    I can't get them localy so I'm wondering if its worth it to order some.
    also which ones do you like best.
    Thank you!
  • I've used the DaVinci's Vanilla, English Toffee and the Toasted Hazelnut. Made with Splenda, 0 carbs per 1 Tablespoon. Very good.
  • I've tried quite a few, and have really like most of them. My favorite is amaretto. I bought my mom the Hazelnut - not my favorite, but she really liked it, especially in coffee.
  • Ive used the Monin sugar free, vanilla, caramel, chocolate and irish cream. I loved them all!!!! But the store I bought them at do not carry them anymore. 0 carbs and calories per 2 tsp.

Right now Im using DaVinci caramel s/f and I love it. I found it at sams club for about 1/2 the price of the online price. Only $4.95(ish) per bottle. I dont remember exactly. Since caramel is my fav I just love this stuff. I have it everyday in my coffee
  • Can't answer your question . . . but . . . have you tried E.D.Smith NSA Pancake Syrup? It's Canadian and the closest I've found to give you the right taste and texture . . . 10 calories per tablespoon.
  • I have used them for a couple of years and I love them...both Davinci and then there is a brand called Artisan. Check out TJ Max if you have one near you, they get them and then mark them down. You will find them in their cookware area....in other stores they can run $6-8 but there I have picked up the Artisan brand for $3.99 and the Davinci for $4.99. My favorite is Hazlenut and Amaretto.
  • Thanks everyone . Unfortunatly I havent been able to find these anywhere here, we dont' have sams club or TJmax here. I just ordered some from netrition and they where very expensive but it was one of the only places that would ship to Canada, I can't wait to try them. I also ordered a walden farms BBQ sauce, I miss BBQ sauce so much since starting lowcarb.
  • Punce, check winners for the sugar free syrups. I find when I shop at winners when I get over to canada, alot of the clothing and food products are the same. We even get some of the canadian food stuffs in our tj max's.

As for the bbq sauce, I havent heard very many good comments about walden farms. Why not check a place like allrecipes.com and turn the recipe low carb. Aside from the tomatoes, you can just add splenda instead of the sugar.
  • Also...Atkins has a recipe book and I was surprised at the amount of recipes they had for dressings, bbq sauces and cheese sauces and well, everything. My mom owns it, when I talk to her today I will have her take a look and maybe email me 2 or 3 if she has the time and I will share them.

I have used the Walden Farms BBQ and it wasn't too bad but it is overpowering in flavor. I got use to it but I used it more as a dipping sauce and definately didn't pour it on the food. lol We would still buy it now but I can't find it here anymore in the stores I shop in. When I did, I found it on the clearance shelf and I bought the last 4 bottles and gave 2 to my mom because we do Atkins together.

G'Luck...
  • DaVinci - love them all. Even in recipes they work good. Try the "simple syrup" for a no cal sweetener. Only prob, it adds a lot of liquid to get the sweet.

Am infatuated with Mrs. Butterworth's Pancake Sugar free syrup - closest I found to real pancake syrup. In fact, just as good as far as my sugar free adapted taste buds can tell.

Walden Farms BBQ sauce is a let down to me. I have made my own concoction by mixing it 1/2 and 1/2 with mainstream low carb (Kraft or whatever other I can find) to sauce my food with. It cuts the carbs lower, but it just doesn't have the taste I want. When I can't locate any remnants of kraft or KC or whatever to mix it with I think I'll just try homemade BBQ sauce then.

By the way, I think Netrition rocks! They have so many davinci syrups I have to pace myself!