3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Weekly Chat March 12-18 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/106966-weekly-chat-march-12-18-a.html)

lady_adnerb 03-12-2007 01:13 PM

Weekly Chat March 12-18

Morning all. Well, today was the start of a brand new day. I know this week I'll be having Irish stew, and some cabbage and corned beef stuff. Just not sure when that'll be. But otherwise, I'm planning on staying comletely OP!! All we can do is try, eh? So off to go drink some more water :) Hope you all had a great weekend!!

beach bum 03-12-2007 03:29 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Thanks Lily for explaining the maintainence part of the diet. I thought it would be harder as I remember from Weight Watchers that was the case.
I guess You have a set amount of calories to play with. Thanks again.

Will be off the computer for the rest of the day with little glitches here and there. Dell is going to call hand try to fix the programs.

Brenda-I'll be Op for the whole week also,but on Saturday I'm going to have my corned beef and cabbage,omitting the potato and the soda bread.

See you later

Hugs BB

lady_adnerb 03-12-2007 09:31 PM

BB: Hope you get the glitches sorted out.

Where is everyone else??

The weather here was GORGEOUS!! But there's still too much snow out to try and get the yard cleaned of doggy doo. I've got to get a new scooper. So hopefully I can do that before the snow is all gone and I've GOT to get it done. I've not done ANY all winter so the yard is FULL---it'll take HOURS. Does that count as exercise? :lol: So far I'm OP :cb:

lilybelle 03-12-2007 11:13 PM

BB, I switched from Atkins to calorie counting about 2 months ago. With Atkins you will continue to just count carbs with maintenance. Honestly there are times I think about switching back to Atkins as I actually liked the restrictiveness of the program and it worked best for me. But, I had such horrible stomach problems that I needed more dietary fiber and I missed bread so much. It really doesn't matter what maintainence plan you choose, it really boils down to still restricting yourself and exercising just like while you are trying to lose the weight. I do know that I actually eat less calories now than while I was on Atkins. (because I ate such heavy quantities of meat) but I am getting about 100 carbs a day now instead of 30.

I'm wide awake as I fell asleep on the couch this afternoon and didn't wake up til 4 hrs. later. All the stress with the SD situation has had me lying awake at night, so I guess my body just needed some rest.

Brenda, cleaning doggy-doo is definite exercise. Trust me on this one after just having 13 puppies to clean up after. My dogs are driving me nuts. Mama dog has taught my pup and the little runt how to dig. They keeep digging out of the fence. GRRRRRRRR. I put them back in the fence, fix wherever they dug out and then they meet me back on the deck where they have got out again. They think it's a game.

lady_adnerb 03-13-2007 08:53 AM

Lily: Glad your belly seems to be straightening out (at least, part of it). And hope the stress goes away soon!! Your dogs sound like little scamps! Bet they're a blast though!

Well, diverted a "snack attack" last night when I got home. I SOOO wanted to snack. So I ate a piece of cheese instead. Helped a little. I still wanted to snack---but told myself I just ate the cheese and I wasn't hungry--so no snacks. :cb: One day down :cb:

beach bum 03-13-2007 09:19 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Was close to 100% on the Atkins & l/c yesterday and did get out to some walking [30M] of power walking.

We have a another beautiful day and I'm going to take advantage and walk before it get cold again. We're never know when the temps fall again around here.

menu today
b-melted cheddar on Wasa cracker,1c soy milk-
l-L/C pizza [recipe]
d-three cheese chicken with broccoli[recipe]

Lily-I'm counting carb with WW points[1 pt=50 cals] right now,and its working I found like I posted before that 30 -38 carbs I believe are my balance for losing. I have a long way to go before,how I will maintain. I was just curious.[sp]Sorry about the tummy pains. I use Metamucil S/F power that you mix with water. I take 3 X's a day before each meal.

Brenda-Hopefully they will be sorted out real soon.That great deverting the snack attact. That what I did last night but I used 2 sl deli turkey breast instead. I find that adding a little more protein helps those attacks.

Have to go, will post tomorow

Hugs :) BB

lilybelle 03-13-2007 11:34 AM

Hi ladies, I weighed this morning and 1 of the 2 lbs. I gained last week is now gone. I'm logging every bite and trying to be a lot more stringent. I also wanted a snack last night and just told myself "No, you've already had enough to eat today and you can wait til breakfast". I talk to myself, LOL.

Temps are nice here, 70 degrees, but light rain.

I can hardly wait for next weeks vacation. I'm gonna ask my DH's friend if he'll keep our puppies while we're at the lake. We'll take Molly with us. I'm sure he will do it, he lives in the country and he bought one of the littermates this time.

Brenda, these pups are little scamps. I left them inside and they found an unused baby diaper and shredded it in a million pieces. I had quite a mess to clean this morning from their little play time. LOL. My puppy Lucy, loves to chase the cat, she gets swatted by the cat and isn't smart enough to quit and leave the cat alone. LOL.

Puncezilla 03-13-2007 03:05 PM

Hello everybody,
At least I'm not the only one with the irisistable urge to snack in the evening. I think this is my biggest problem, I just started eating nuts again, and even though I measure them it's hard to stop after 1/3 of a cup.
I think the thing that helps me the most is brushing my teeth after dinner, then I tell my self if I eat anything else I'll have to brush them again. Thus taking advantage of my own lasyness.

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm going to go walk around the mall for a while. I wish my wallet was as fat as me.

Lily Your puppies sound great. I love puppies, but they are way to much work for me. I'll stick with my cats for now. I think they are the only animals that sleep as much as I do.

lilybelle 03-13-2007 03:54 PM

Ladies, I'm on the ball. I just dropped my taxes off at the tax office. I normally have them done on April 13th so I made great progress this year. Yippee. Now to wait for the damage and see how much we owe. Then, send IRS the check on April 15th like always.

lady_adnerb 03-14-2007 02:25 PM

BB: Hope your weather stays warm so you can continue to enjoy your walks :)

Puncezilla: How was the mall? I don't even go there to walk---I'm not a mall person. :) Hope you had fun

Lily: I can just imagine the mess a diaper and puppies made. WTG on the lost pound!! WTG on getting your taxes in :)

Well, so far so good. Eating is OP and not sure why, but the thought of eating makes me want to barf. I'm thinking it's the broccoli/cauliflower/brussel sprouts I ate last night---too much gassy foods. BLECH! Tasted good at the time...but messed up my insides. I've been making myself eat though. Need to work on the water intake. And I think I'm going to head off here now and do a 1 mile WATP so I can start claiming some exercise!! :lol:

beach bum 03-14-2007 05:41 PM

Hi Ladies:)

We're finally on line again, hope this time its permanently. How nerve recking keeping going up & down. We had to call Dell and Mcafee again. Phone bill is going to be tremendous.

Dinner is going to ready soon so I can't post individually,the weather is beautiful a real sunny day, but it was to windy to walk used my bike instead for 40 Mins.

Have to go will post tomorrow morning

Have agreat evening Ladies

lilybelle 03-15-2007 12:00 AM

Hi ladies, I've spent the last 5 1/2 hrs. doing laundry and loading camper for our coming trip to the lake.

BB, we're downloading new spyware, so my computer is messed up right now too.
Hi Brenda, good to see you are eating OP. More than I can say for me today. Well, I wasn't too awfully bad but went over a little on my calories. No junk food, just a little more baked chicken than I should have had.

beach bum 03-15-2007 09:13 AM

Good Morning Ladies

We're finally up, hopefully the computer won't have any more glitches in it. Yesterday afternnon I was working on my favorite websites and got them bookmarked. Leo did the same.

Lily-Great job, losing 1 lb of the two. I was I could say that I only lost 1 lb this month. Not sure if 30-38 carbs is my balance.Might have to reconstruct,and go down to low 30's instead.A lady on another board told us she wears a noicy bracelet and every time she hears it rattle when taking food that reminds her not to. I guess whatever works,do it.I have a snacking problem watching tv.I have big note on my coofee table in RED PRINT no snacking allowed.

Theses computers:comp: are so tempermental whne not hits the right buttons. I don't play with the techinal part of it. That DH job.I won't know where to start. You've done a lots of work,but it will pay off going on your camping trip where there peace and quite.You deserve a relaxing vacation after all you went though with your SD and her family.

Brenda-Its not as easy as people think trying to stay on a diet.When other visers can be stopped ,we as eatter have to eat,its just a matter of what we eat thats gets us to goal,and if we use exercising as a tool.

Have to get ready to work now that therain will be hittiong us later.

lilybelle 03-15-2007 10:50 AM

BB, it is tough to figure out exact number of carbs that allows us to still lose weight and I'm finding the same to be true of calories. I Know that anytime I got above 35 carbs, that I'd tend to gain instead of lose. With calories it seems that anything over 1600 causes a gain. I could try for 1400 but I can't stick to that, it's just not enough to eat for me. Maintenance is rough for me because I never stay the same , it's up or down.

I can't wait for my camping trip. It will be relaxing. I packed the cards, phase 10 cards, scrabble , poker chips, books to read and puzzle books. DH and I like to play games of the evenings when we are camping. Equipped with TV and VCR so packed about 20 movies to take along. It was like stocking a home. I made sure I had pleny of kitchen utensils plus coffee pot and toaster, plus a microwave is in it. Of course, I took plenty of bedding and stocked the bathroom with everything we'd need. Plus all the fishing equipment and outdoor picnic stuff and lantern. I made me a huge list and am marking everything off as it is put in the camper. The non-perishable food is now in it and I'll wait and put the perishable stuff in the morning we leave. Had to make a note to take my Medicines and also our fishing licenses. The weather is supposed to be nice, but made sure to take light jackets and jeans as well as capris and shorts. There is a karoke club near the lake, so I packed DH and I both 1 nicer outfit to wear to go to the club in plus the shoes to go with them. We're taking Molly with us, so had to take dog food along. The puppies thankfully will be staying in the country with our dear friend who has one of the littermates.. So, I won't have to worry about them. Plus he has 6 kids, so my pups will have a great time and probably never want to come home. LOL. It seems like everytime we go camping we forget something, but hopefully we'll have most of what we need.

lady_adnerb 03-15-2007 06:41 PM

I won't be typing much. For some reason my wrist is hurting again. So I put the brace on it and am hoping a day or so w/out typing wil help it. Bad news is I wasn't OP tonight. Good news is tomorrow is another day :)