Old 02-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Happy Valentines Day to all of you.

My company hasn't left yet due to it snowing. Wouldn't you know that even the weather wouldn't co-operate.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #17  
beachbum

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADIES

Woke up to No Snow, No wind just freezing rain. Leo had to put the garbage out and he used the YAK TRAX and they worked.

Don't have to go out anymore,so we're going to keep warm. We decided to have Our Valentine Dinner at home Going to have a roasting Chicken with veggies and I'm having a 1/2 baked potato that I had in the freezer from a meal that I had several weeks before. Leo & I each got a Small Valentine Day Heart with 4 chocolates in each box. My box is filled with DARK Chocolate and Leo has the milk instead.

Weight is going down again so,I don't want to blow it on going crazy with VD goodies.

Lily-Down to one pup,happy you found good homes for them.

Lady_Adnerb-I have to have a list to keep me in control. You can't believe all the index card & post it notes that I have all over my kitchen table. Thanks I hope it works,Leo did notice that I'm eating slower than I have been. So One trick is working.

Leenie-Thanks for the Valentines Day Greeting Hope you have a wonderful day also.

Have a good one

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-14-2007 at 01:41 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:05 AM   #18  
Baby Steps

Lily: Sorry to hear your company isn't gone. Any idea when the weather will cooperate?

Leenie: Happy Valentine's day to you as well

BB: That sounds like a wonderful Valentine's day meal! And I need to remember to eat slower. That sounds like a good way to watch the food intake. Thanks for the idea

Hope you all have a nice Valentine's Day. DH bought the girls each a rose and me 3 carnations in a vase with a teddy bear hugging it. He's such a sweetie! Working on getting my water in today. Hoping to get exercise in as well. Need to specifically force myself to do that. At least until I'm in a routine. Refused to step on the scale as I don't want to disappoint myself (and lead to a binge) if it's not gone down. It's only been a few days so I need to be patient
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #19  
lilybelle

Brenda, the snow has stopped and they are leaving this afternoon. They should have went this morning, but she sent the 2 yr. old to a valentines party that ends at 2PM.

Since switching to calorie counting I am having some major blood sugar issues. About 2 hrs. after a meal, I am having the shakes. This is what used to happen all the time before starting Atkins. I'm going to have to find a way to control my carbs to better stabilize my blood sugar and at the same time get enough fiber to help my stomach. Man this is a never ending circle of crap for me. I simply can't get enough fiber from veggies to keep my intestines working and a lot of fiber is in grains, but that bottoms out my blood sugar. I'm so frustrated right now after sitting here trying to type with my hands shaking uncontrollably. I ate a TBSP of peanut butter and it is starting to help.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #20  

Lily, I hate to sound like a broken record but don't forget that Westsoy Unsweetened soy milk has 5gm carb, 9gm portein and 4gm fiber for 1 net carb. I use a little artificial sweetner and usually drink a cup twice a day. It has really helped my constipation problems. Coming off soapbox.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #21  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys ok so I need to ask you guys if it is ok if I stay. I can not continue to do atkins per doctors orders. I am having trouble with my kidneys and liver and they just cant handle it. I am not in any way saying that atkins caused this because it is something hereditary. So no one freak out please. I dont want to leave this group though cause I love the support and positive attitudes here. i have been in other groups and they did nothing but bring me down and right now i need a positive link in my life. So i am asking you ladies if i can continue to post here and continue on my weight loss journey with you guys even though atkins is not a option for me?
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #22  
lilybelle

ilovemike, yes you can definitely stay. I am currently doing calorie counting due to all my intestinal problems and these ladies were very nice and wanted me to stay posting here. I love this Atkins forum , too. I hope you can find what works for you. Do you have any type of certain plan that you are going to try? Please keep us informed of how you are doing. Hugs. Personally I think we can all still support each other no matter what plan we are using. Plus, like me you have done Atkins so you can still help others might be struggling with it.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:52 PM   #23  
Baby Steps

Carol: I love the scripture you have listed in your signature!!

ILM: Of COURSE you can stay posting with us! We're here anytime for you! And I hope that whatever is happening inside your body straightens out for you!! Feel free to send me a PM any time you need an ear!!

Lily: Are you going to be dancing when your company leaves? I'm sorry to hear about the shakes. Wish I could give you some advice...but I've no clue!

So far so good today. Didn't exercise and didn't get my water---but I'll worry about that later. Right now I'll be happy if I can stay away from the fruit (a big weakness now I've discovered! Never used to eat it....but now it sounds SO good!)! I've GOT to get some jello made so I've got something legal to snack on!!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #24  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemike4alwayz View Post
Hey guys ok so I need to ask you guys if it is ok if I stay. I So i am asking you ladies if i can continue to post here and continue on my weight loss journey with you guys even though atkins is not a option for me?

Of course....personally I think this is the best place for support on 3fc!!

Im not doing atkins anymore either....I just cant. Im doing ww with lower carb choices.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #25  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

right now i am on a low calorie plan that my doc has put me on and i have already lost 5 lbs., so it is working for me. plus i am working out everyday in the gym so that is helping too. Thanks for letting me stay guys. You inspire me so much.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #26  
lilybelle

Brenda my good news is they left and bad news is she said "we'll be back tomorrow". Anyway I'm about to open my big mouth and tell her to go home. I can't take it anymore. I told DH to say something to her and he is working 16 hr. shifts again tonite and tomorrow (we are trying to pay cash for a camper that some friends are selling). Even if he was home, I don't think he'd say anything, lack of cojones or something to that effect. LOL.

ILM, glad to know the calorie counting is working for you. I've lost a couple lbs. too since switching. It took me a while to figure out how many calories I need to maintain. I was only doing 1400 cal's to start with and am having 1600-1700 now and maintaining. I'm still exercising and I stay pretty full. Gotta admit there are times I want the extra large serving of meat, but it doesn't fit in my calorie limit anymore. OH well, I think I could absolutely live on peanut butter sandwiches with LC wheat bread and Sugar Free jelly as long as I have my coffee to go with it.

Tonite I made my kids favorite food in the world for Valentines Day. (chicken and dumplins). I planned all day on how if I had just cheerios this morning and a salad with fat--free drsg. for lunch that I could eat a bowl of their dinner. You know it was delicious. I wouldn't have ever gotten so over-weight if I'd been a lousy cook. LOL. BTW, I am great at cooking meals but a lousy baker. MY home-made pies and cakes and usually cookies are always from a box. LOL.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #27  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

lol Lily, Im good at both....but I blame my mother. Ive always told her none of us would be overweight is she wasnt such a good cook. Of course both my brother and I are really good cooks too
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:12 AM   #28  
lilybelle

Robin, when I tried to make the LC muffins and LC biscuits mine were so flat that I used them like pancakes. LOL. But, I had them all to myself cause no one else would eat them. LOL.

We are getting hit with snow again tonite. I'm up late waiting to see if my son can make it home safely from work. He is 21 and I still worry about him. I guess I always will.

I did get to have a heart-to-heart talk with DH about his DD tonite. I cried and said I am totally stressed out. He hugged me and said when she comes back from MIL's that he will send her home. I don't mean to be a bi@@h,, I just can't handle it. She has now been here for 10 days straight with 2 kids most of the time and a third one part of the time. Her dad is rarely home except to sleep due to all the overtime he is working.

I like what one of the maintainers said "company is like buying fresh fish, after 3 days it needs tossed out". I told my DH this too.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #29  
Baby Steps

Just going to check in. I've got company tomorrow and I know the house is a mess...so I'd like to at least get the remainder of the dishes done and the bathroom clean. Figure if they don't like the "lived in" look they best not stay long. I braved the scale this morning and was shocked to see it was down. Hopefully for official WI I can actually report the loss! I've discovered I'm danged if I do and danged if I don't. Meaning, if I start to lose weight, I figure I can slack off and eat junk...and if I don't lose weight, I figure what the heck and eat junk. Messed up thinking!! I'm FINALLY starting to feel "healthy" again, so I really don't want to mess that up. I figure if I eat a piece of fruit, so be it. At least it's not chips or other junk food. I've got to look at it that way or I'll beat myself up every day. I can't seem to stay away from fruit. I'll take that flaw over "can't stay away from oreo's" which is what I used to say lately. Hope you all are doing well in whatever plan you're on. Don't forget your water
Old 02-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

lily-lol about the fish. I don't eat left overs, so I guess that explains why I never have company (lack of time would be the other factor). Sorry to hear about the shakes. Have you tried taking a fiber additive to add to a smoothy or something?

I have to agree with Robin. This is the best support forum I've found anywhere. I don't feel I have to be doing atkins to be here, and have raised my carb intake due to convenience. I'm increasing my food intake and how often I eat, and I am not having much success doing this doing strict atkins. I too have avoided the scale, and will continue to do so until I feel my body has adjusted to the food change. Keeping my carbs earlier in the day is a good thing too since you don't need the extra carb energy in the evening.

Robin- when I lost on atkins last time, I was also doing it with weight watchers. I loved my weight watchers meetings and didn't want to quit, and I found staying within my points but eating low carb was the best sucess for me. I lost an average of 4 lbs per week, it drove my wedding dress designer crazy!

ILM- You gotta do what works for you and makes you healthy. Please don't leave.

Have a fabulous day ladies!
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote