Old 01-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #1  

Cool How did you??

How did you make it past day 1, I do one day of induction then the next day I fail, as my belly get bigger my willpower gets less and less. I dont really feeel tired I just feel like eating. I ordered a WATP video so I am hoping that gives me some energy and helps me to not be so hungry. Is it possible to get through iduction?????How much water on average do you drink each day? Thank you
baimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Most important is to keep trying, less important is that you didn't make it. It can be a big change to go low carb, it certainly isn't the way everyone around you seems to eat. Nobody is perfect. Any big change can be a challenge and require more than one attempt.

Read the thread titled "I want to stay fat because..." - it's a great laugh and reality check all in one. Read and post on the weekly chat - we all support each other through everything!

NOW, the deeper advice. What triggers you to go off diet? Try to pay attention to what is going on when the diet collapses. Are you stressed? Tired? Hungry? Bored? Ravenous? Watching TV? Did you just eat a particular food? Now ask yourself, is any of that more important than your health? Nope. Now come up with a plan to overcome that hump next time. Post the actual trigger online and we'll all pitch ideas to help you get past it!

Don't like the food choices - hunt recipes online you want to try and look for other foods you like. If it's fast food - order a bunless burger. Have a lot of choice and a plan. I use Calorie King website and carb counting books to plan my fast food stops in advance.

Tell us what is failing you and we'll jump on it together! You are not alone - just read the weekly chat and see how many fall off and get back on the wagon.

Last edited by Arkansas Kel; 01-17-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typo
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #3  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

baimak, I'm sorry that you're finding it difficult to get through induction. I agree that it can be the most stressful time of the diet, but it is very, very important that you train your body to not need the carbs and the sugars.

Arkansas Kel has given you a lot of good advice for getting through this time. You need to look at what's going on and then ask yourself the important questions. Why am I slipping off of the diet? What is triggering me to eat what I know I shouldn't? Am I stressed? Bored? Upset? Angry?

I experienced a lot of fatigue and even headaches/nausea as I went through the Induction period last week. It can be very tempting to slip off and indulge in "comfort foods" during this time. Please resist that with everything that you can!

What is occurring is that this is a turning point in which your body is beginning to switch from using stored fats for energy instead of storing more fat from what you're eating.

This change may make you feel weak and sick at first. I experienced this as well. It's commonly known as the "Atkins Flu". After a few days, you'll be more energetic, more hopeful, clearer and more determined that ever before. So when you're tempted to give up please come here and talk to us! We'll get you through! Atkins does work! Just last week I was dealing with the same symptoms that you are, and now I'm over 20 lbs lighter in 2 weeks time! I also feel better than I have in years! You can do it!

Here is a website that you can check out that explains exactly what is going on and how you can get through this period of time. There is also a short video from a person that lost a huge amount of weight of Atkins and how he got through the Atkins Flu. I think that you'll find it very helpful, informative, and encouraging. I know that it helped me a lot last week when I was on the threshold of quitting the diet.

http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.co...ction-flu.html

I hope that this helps you!

Barb

P.S. I also highly recommend checking out FitDay! It's a program that's on the internet that helps you to log your food, moods, and activities each day in order to help you to see "patterns" to your behavior. This might help you to figure out what your pitfalls are and how to overcome them.
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #4  

Thank you so much, I love this site, Im glad I found out Im really going to work hard ot add some fitness to my day I htink that will keep me busy right now Im just sitting around.
baimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Great idea. It's hard to eat while exercising, and exercise can elevate your mood! Make you feel more like you're on the ball with things. Give you energy boosts! Start small on exercise if you haven't moved it in a while. I think the general accepted pace is to start very small and add 10% per week until you reach your exercise goals. Plan big, start small. Maybe do small bits several times per day starting out.

I think you are on the right track! Hang in there!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote