31-Day Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • If you would like to join me, Id love the company!!

I will stick to my chosen plan, get my exercise, and post my weightloss every monday.

My goal loss for this month will be 25lbs.

I'll come back in a bit and post my weight, and a few measurements.

Weight Jan 1/07~ 256
    Waist~ 47
    Apron~ 55
    Right thigh~ 32
    Right arm~ 16.25
    Bust~ 46.5
  • Wow. Robin, I'd love to join your challenge, but do you honestly think you can lose 25 pounds in a month? That's more than 5 pounds a week. Not an easy goal you are setting for yourself. I don't want to discourage you, if you really think you can do it, but for me, that would defeat me before I even started.

10 pounds is the most I could aim for without feeling defeated before I began. Even that seems a bit high, but I think it could be done. So I'll join you for 10 pounds. Start weight this morning (after a few days of carbing up) is 252.5
  • I will join you. My goal loss for January is 2 lbs. Todays weight is 143. I'm really psyched to have a brand new year. I want to get back to 140. If I find a measuring tape, I'll measure and post. I am writing all my food down again and my exercise.
  • I'll join ya robin- - and even shoot for that 25! I still haven't experienced what I remember as that "big Atkins weight drop" that I remember -I'm blaming menopause- but with my exercise committment, I'm thinking I could drop 25lbs at this weight combined with staying OP. (I'd really love to shoot for 26 so I could be @ 199 - but will have to see how it goes - and hopefully GOES - here in January Challenge Land! )
  • 25lbs for the first month is very do-able for me. My first week on induction usually pulls an average of 10lbs off, the second week just under 10....so that leaves approx 5lbs for the last 2 weeks. Very do-able if I keep to my plan and keep up with my exercise. Mind you...for the 2nd month its out of the question.

Aud~ Yah!! I think you can do it! If you keep to it for 31 days....no problem!
  • Ok, here goes! my New Years Challenge was a bust. I think there was just to much going on. (my husband left on an extended trip, I started a new job, the holidays....) I know these are just excuses and if I want to keep weight off, I'm going to have to learn how to deal with things!
    For now, January is a good month to make a new start. not to mention that Ihave tohave my cholesterol and sugar checked again in 3 weeks, and since I didnt' take the meds, I'm hoping I was able to get those numbers a bit in control with just diet. I'm hoping to show those Dr.'s a thing or two
    SO....

GOAL 10 lbs

1/1/07

weight ~ 156

waist ~ 37
    hips ~ 39
    arm ~ 11.25
    thigh ~ 18.50
    bust ~ 44

Ok girls let's do this! Now, off to change my ticker!
  • Oh Robin !!I will join you also,between my gain on the cruise 13 lbs and my Holiday gain 5 lbs I need to get this flab off of me.

Happy if I loss 10 lbs in Jan. That will be 2.2 lbs per week.

Starting weight 165.5 ========Goal weight 155.5

: : :

Hugs BB
  • you can count me in except I can't find a tape measure and I think I would have to like fast for the entire month to lose 25 pounds

how's about i'm in for 12!

• Popping back by with my measurements - tomorrow is my "for real" start since I spent most of the day in the car and then DHMySaboteur made potato bread---Grrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

Weight: 225lbs

Waist: 43"

Hips: 49"

R. Thigh: 26"

R. Arm: 14"

Bust: 50"
  • I need a challenge. I'm going to go with 10 pounds for the month. I'll be happy if I can do that.

Start Weight: 161
    Goal Weight: 151

(amended to put the correct weight. UGH!!!)
  • Hmmm, January challenge - hmmm 31 days. WE CAN DO THIS! Great idea for a thread! Maybe we should do this every month!

I will lose 10 lbs this month. I know, some are aiming higher, but I'm not doing induction.

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!

I'll do it through diet, exercise and planning. I know I can do it, I know we all can. I know if any of us fall short - at least we fell in a better place than we started!

GOOD LUCK!
  • Hi all. After 2 years of horrible eating, I gained 100lbs. Back to low carbs. This January challenge seems perfect.

• Welcome Back Becca - hit it and get it girl! We're with you!
  • Welcome Becca!! I know it seems daunting....but dont let it get you down, you can do this!
  • Dontcha love a challenge.... I do