Old 11-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up New Years Challenge Anyone ?

OK It might seem a bit early to do this, but actually it's not. Only 8 more weeks til the end of the year! I thought that would be a nice amount of time to start a challenge.
If I'm going to jump back into this full swing, I need some incentive. What better than to start off the new year knowing we made a goal!
C'mon don't make me do this by myself. I set a goal of 10 lbs. thinking about makind it my final 15 but I don't know if it's doable. I wil decide for sure by Monday if I'm going to change it.
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

With the holidays coming and being at goal, my new yrs. goal is to still be at my goal or less.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im with you!!

My goal, to stay on the plan, stay with my workouts, not beat myself up when I mess up, get right back on plan when I mess up.

Weight goal....not really, I would like to fit into my new red dress for christmas.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #4  

that red dress sounds like a great goal! You're right it doesn't necessarily have to be pounds. Even for lillybelle to keep her current weight going is a huge goal in itself.
Now, maybe if I lose those pounds, I'll buy myself a new red dress!!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

wow, 8 weeks... now thats a reality shock!i could do a lot in 8 weeks! 5 pounds a month would be awsome!!
its crunch and research time for me! time to make my gym routines and meal lists! I've started out novemvber on a bad note of not going to the gym in about a week or so. tonight im going and this will mark my start.

ready.. set... GO!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #6  

Yay for you Princess! keep us posted so we know how you're doing! good luck!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #7  

I would like to join this challenge. I'm doing low carb and have just started dieting recently. I'm pretty new at all the challenges, etc but My goal for New Years is to be down 20lbs. I hope, because the diet thing is new that my body will flip out and start melting. Wouldn't that be great. Plus I've added exercise into my schedule so I'm ready to go! Goal weight by NY's is 241. I hope I win the lottery too....
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #8  
Going to ONEderland

Wow Sugarbaby. I'm not sure about that goal. I don't want to discourage you, but for me setting an unrealistic goal is self defeating. I do better setting modest goals and exceeding them rather than setting really high goals and not making them. 20 pounds in two months? It is doable on Atkins, but you have to remember that there are going to be a lot of temptations between now and the end of the year (for most people anyway with the holidays coming up).

My "modest" goal that I set before starting Atkins is 5 pounds before the end of the year. That was five pounds from 257 I was at 255 yesterday and that was down 8 pounds from the weigh I reached before I actually started working toward that new goal!

So with 3 pounds to go I expect to make my goal before the end of the year. May even make it next week. If so I'll set another modest goal of 5 more pounds. That's good enough for me. If I start expecting too much too fast it discourages me.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #9  

*sniffs*

Well, I guess 20lbs is pretty out there... Maybe I'll make my goal 18lbs... Ok... How about ...no I'm sticking to 18 and that's all there is to it!

Sherry, Sherry, Sherry!!! You are doing simply marvahlous! Great weight loss and thanks so much for the tips. I think I'm still going to try for that 18 pounds though. I'm feeling quite determined and so far I keep on losing. Hopefully we'll see those results. Wish me luck!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #10  

sugarbaby, are you on Atkins? I think I was losing about 10 lbs a month in the beginning on that. but like sherry said, I rather be really surprised rather than really dissapointed. but hey, you know best what you may or may not be capapble of! So I say, if your comfortable with it, go for it! I would have liked to make mine 15,that would put me at my goal but since I really haven't been able to budge that scale inthe last 2 months, I think 10will be a big accomplishment for me. and hey, if I can get that extra off too, all the better!
Good luck everyone!
Old 11-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm up for the 8 week New Year Challenge. I like to lose my last 13 lbs & hit my goal weight of 140. Its going to be tough as Thanksgiving is coming, along with our Hawaiian Cruise Nov 26 to Dec 13 and finally Christmas Yikes!!! Thats going to a challenge to stay low carbing between these three events.

But I'm not going to think negative,this time around. I really want to be a my goal at the end of this year. Thanks needtolose4me for starting this challenge.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #12  

I know what you mean beachbum about the holidays! Thanksgiving will be the hardest for me.I just love stuffing and cranberry sauce but I have to remember what I would love more is to see myself rech my goal and start maintenance already! you are doing good! I see you have now passed me! I hope you make your goal! That Hawaiin cruise sounds awesome. I'm sure you should have plenty of healthy choices on the buffets!
Keepus posted! good luck!
Old 11-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #13  

Thanks need2lose4me2.
You all are probably right. I should make my goal 15lbs or something more realistic. I've never been on an official diet before so I'm just new at all this. I do know that when a person who is as heavy as me starts dieting and exercising that usually at first the weight just falls off. At least the first 20lbs or so. That's what I'm hoping for. I know the more I lose and the less I weigh will make my weight loss more difficult. How long did it take you to lose what you have already lost? You've done amazing!!

beach bum How fun to get to go on a cruise!! Good luck with you diet and sticking to it. I don't know if I could!! (At least on the cruise).
Old 11-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

sugarbaby, There's nothing wrong with setting a higher goal. Just don't be discouraged if you come up short a little. I can honestly say that with starting Atkins (at 234 lbs.) and adding in walking (I was grossly inactive) that I lost 16 lbs. those first 2 weeks and then 2 lbs. a week for most weeks thereafter. I was strict with my eating plan and my exercise and the weight did "just fall off". So, there is a chance that you could do the same. Shoot for the moon was my philosophy. Everyone's body is different and we all lose at different rates, but it's great to hope for the best. I do know that after 6 weeks on Atkins, I saw my family Dr. and he accused me of using diet pills because I had lost 34 lbs. I never touched a diet pill.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #15  

sugarbaby, Lillybelle has given great advice! why not shoot for the moon and since you are just beginning you could probably do it! I lost 40 lbs in 5 months. the last 2 months and these last 15 lbs are killing me. I actually upped my carbs for the last month (just because) and wound up gaining 3 lbs so that is why I decided it was time for this challenge. I'm psyched for you! I think it is possible if you want it bad enough!