Old 02-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #16  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
MiaManning? Have you gone reading in the Maintainers Forum? There's lots of wonderful info there from folks who have lost and stayed slim.
Most importantly, remember that you will learn as you go.

Thanks Susan. I'm just reading your post!
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #17  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

As far as side dishes with dinner go, I never thought I'd be able to give those up myself. But after counting for a while, I just eventually got to the point where I preferred my calories in meat or good carbs. It's still a process, but I think if you start by making a few small changes it gets a lot easier.

And as far as LLV not wanting to eat 1200 calories for the rest of your life...I think I've read several of the maintainers around here eat maybe only up to 1400, often less. Hopefully if you are young enough your metabolism can bounce back a little, or you can make up for it by building some muscle and working out very regularly, but it seems that for some you HAVE to average low for the rest of your life. That may seem daunting now, but expecting to go up by too many calories when you reach your goal or let off the exercise is exactly how people gain back the weight. My own predictions when I hit goal is that I will have to continue eating 1200 calories a day, continue working out 5 days a week (maybe more, or longer than the 30 mins I am doing now) and it won't be much of a change from my current "diet." I'd like to say we could all let up a bit at goal, but I'm guessing we wouldn't be here if we didn't have slightly different metabolisms than some of the skinny American population. The maintenance threads by the way are fascinating, no reason not to browse and get yourself in that mindset now.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues4miles
My own predictions when I hit goal is that I will have to continue eating 1200 calories a day, continue working out 5 days a week (maybe more, or longer than the 30 mins I am doing now) and it won't be much of a change from my current "diet."
From what I've read (various success stories, etc.) losing weight is the EASY part, maintaining is where it takes a lot more discipline. I think that's why I like the philosophy from the Calorie Queens book: I'm practicing maintenance so that once I get to my goal weight, I already know how to eat. I think I can survive nicely on 1800 calories a day.

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote