3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

Michelle2 07-15-2009 12:57 PM

Screen Name: Michelle2

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, hiking, gardening, cooking

Favorite Music: Rock, old-school country, classical if I'm in the mood

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Right now I just walk. When I was thinner I really liked Slim in Six

What are your fitness/health goals?
There's a history of diabetes in my family and I've seen up close the horrible damage it does. My father was diagnosed with it when he was not much older than me and died at 57 after having lost his vision and one of his feet to the disease. I can't be in denial that that will be my fate absent some serious change any longer.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
It wasn't one thing. I just realized now that I'm solidly in my thirties that that magical "someday" when I would somehow be thin without any effort wasn't coming around any time soon.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
The fact that fatty food is often so much more convenient. During the school year I generally leave the house at 7 or before and don't come home until after 7 at night. So it's been a lot easier to grab a sandwich or pizza on campus rather than doing things the healthy way.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
More fruit, more weight training, more varied diet

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
My sisters. Sad, but true. Outside of a brief period in my early-twenties I've always been the fat one and I'm extremely weary of that.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Anything that doesn't look like a mumu. I'm, shall we say, generously endowed on top and even when I'm thinner all of my shirts look like tents. I'm hoping that even my chest will have to shrink some after I lose another 80 pounds. And, if not, reduction surgery will be my goal-weight gift to myself.

rblace87 07-16-2009 09:20 AM

Screen Name: rblace87

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Engaged/No children

Occupation: Graphic/Packaging Designer (office job in which I sit all day)

Hobbies and Interests: Bicycles, Art, Dining Out, Blogging

Favorite Music: Elliott Smith, Pinback, New Order, Ben Folds Five, Fiona Apple, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Ben Kweller

Favorite Color(s): Green or Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Jillian Michaels Core Training. Anything kinds of Cardio and Weight Training. Walking.

What are your fitness/health goals? I currently weigh 146 lbs and am 5'5". I would like to get down to somewhere between 120-115 lbs. I would like to achieve a flatter belly and smaller hips/thighs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Well within the past 3 years I gained about 25 lbs and decided enough is enough. My fiance decided to go on a diet as well so it's a bit of a competition too to make it fun. :P

I get killer cravings for sweets. Like right now, I would love to eat a bowl of ben and jerry's ice cream or snack on a blueberry muffin. I just never really feel satisfied in the sweets department while dieting.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?:
1- Not giving in so easily by justifying eating certain foods.
2- Just exercising in general some more.
3- Drinking more water. All I drink is water but I usually only get maybe 2 bottles in a day.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I would just like to look good in a bikini like a lot of girls my age.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?:
OMG. Everything! Haha. I just want to buy jeans that are smaller than a size 8.

Shrinking Girl 07-17-2009 05:17 PM

Screen Name: Shrinking Girl

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married for 3.5 years, no kids. 3 cats!

Hobbies and Interests: I love to read and I dabble with writing, I am a computer junkie and you can often find me immersed in various aspects of games and just perusing the web.

Favorite Music: I don't really have favorite music. Right now I'm deeply in love with Muse, Ok Go, Franz Ferdinand, Kings of Leon, Daft Punk etc.

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I belong to Curves.

What are your fitness/health goals? 1. I'd like to run a 5k with my sister.
2. I'd like to do the 600 mile AIDS ride in California. 3. I'd like to alleviate my weight-related health issues.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There wasn't one thing. There were many. Among them being the feeling that I'm not really living life, I"m living in fear of not being able to do something because I'm too fat or out of shape.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I struggle with myself. My desire to eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I've never moderated my diet much before and this is tough.

I need to do more cardio during the week on my off days from Curves.
I need to eat healthier in general.

I want to look better than.... I ever have before.

I cannot wait to wear something from the Gap... I can't wait to wear "normal sized" clothes again.

TexasLoser 07-19-2009 06:38 PM

Screen Name:
TexasLoser

Age/Age Range:
Ugh! Not a nice question! LOL! 50 years young.

Family Life:
Married to the love of my life for 13 years, two grown sons, one stepdaughter, 3 furbabies.

Administrative Assistant to a hospital administrator

Hobbies and Interests:
Working on our ranch. Spending time with family.

Favorite Music:
Practically all (except lyrics that are vulgar)

Favorite Color(s):
Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Walking on treadmill, swimming, hiking

Feel better, look better in clothing, lose 30 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Desire to eliminate some meds, not wanting to buy larger clothing, foot pain

Emotional eating

Drink more water, eat more balanced meals, don't forget supplements daily

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
ME! Want to see a thinner version of me.

A pair of khaki shorts and a green shirt that will fit when I lose 30 pounds.

Judy Lynn 07-21-2009 07:58 PM

Screen Name:
Judy Lynn

Age/Age Range:
Just turned 50.

Family Life:
Married for 24 years. Two grown sons who live in Toronto at the moment, which is way too far away.

Accounting Tech.

Hobbies and Interests:
I love to travel, Surfing the net, watching reality (some) TV, family stuff

Favorite Music:
My three guys: Clay Aiken, Josh Groban, Michael Buble

Walking, lifting weights (I love feeling strong and need to get back into it)

Lose a ton so that I feel well, fit, and self-confident again. I would like to do a half-marathon someday.

I feel like crap most of the time.

Emotional eating, boredom eating

Get back to exercising daily, stick to a healthy diet for more than a week, commit to the laung-haul.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
My sister

Some size 16 Lee jeans that I wore maybe once

iDream 07-23-2009 09:06 PM

Screen Name:
crazymamaof4

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
Married almost 10 years to my wonderful hubby and we have 4 wonderful kiddos!

I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mom

Hobbies and Interests:
Photography, sewing, reading (when I have time;)), perusing the web

Favorite Music:
Too many to list but Dave Matthews ranks high on my list! :)

Favorite Color(s):
Green!

Hmm, anything really. I really don't love jogging, but that's not stopping me from doing it. ;) When I was younger and more coordinated, I used to love aerobics

To lose weight, get toned, exercise regularly (at least 6 times a week), eat heathier foods and be healthier all around for my efforts!

I've been up and down most of my married life and when I saw the scale hit 200 (again!) I said enough is enough! It was then that I started taking care of me and not just my family.

At first it was giving up the sweets, but now it's staying motivated and changing things up--I don't want to get bored with anything--food or exercise. Oh, and being patient--I'm an instant gratification type of gal so I get frustrated with any weight loss stall lasting more than a few days! It's something I really need to let go of.

1. Eat healthier foods--this includes more fruits and veggies as well as healthy fats/oils. I'm doing better, but I still have room for improvement!
2. Stop being afraid of fat. I realized recently that I'm not eating near enough fat in my diet and I need to stop buying fat free everything!
3. Since I already exercise 6 days a week, I guess I should aim for really giving my workouts 110%, there are days I just sort of coast through them.

Hmm...no body really, I just don't want to be the fat friend/sister-in-law, daughter/-in-law, girl in the room.

Whatever cute things are in fashion at the time!

Kyla0709 07-24-2009 03:32 PM

Screen Name: Kyla0709

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Married, going on 5 years. Two sons, Isaac and Gabriel.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading

Favorite Music: Everything! Classic Rock is my favorite though.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to lose about 45 pounds and be able to run around with my kids.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My trigger was after my first was born, about 8months after, I lost 40 pounds and was at 140, then I got pregnant with my second and yet again gained about 50 pounds. He's 3 weeks old yesterday so I figure I need to whip my butt into shape.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Chocolate. In any shape or form.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, commitment and self control.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My best friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm hoping I'll be lucky enough to know what it's like to wear a bikini. Stretchmarks willing.

LunchLady 07-26-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphil (Post 793996)
Screen Name:lunchlady

Age/Age Range:44

Family Life:Married w/ 3 teenagers

Hobbies and Interests:Reading, Scrapbooking, Cross Stitch, Crafts

Favorite Music:Country

Favorite Color(s):Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking

What are your fitness/health goals?To get off some of my meds!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing pictures of myself

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Appetite

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation to exercise, overcoming bad habits, eating the same as my teenage daughter

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : My co-workers!

Skirt/dress and jeans

belly 07-28-2009 10:55 AM

Screen Name: Belly

Family Life: Married with two boys (4) & (2)

Occupations: Stay at home mom

Hobbies and Interests: being outside, music

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Colors: Teal, purple

Favorite Exercise/workouts: Biggest loser videos

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose about another 20-25 pounds

What was the "trigger" of incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I could not find any shirts that fit properly. I'm short and XL did not fit and 1X were hung off my shoulders. Frustrated!!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binge eating and staying focused

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Keeping up with my routine, food, trying to drink lots of water

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? No one really, i would just like to be happy with myself

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A nice fitted shirt and pair of jeans

Rain Dancer 07-28-2009 10:17 PM

Hi. I am re-introducing myself.

I filled out the survey, last time I was here. :D

I am a calorie counter... It is what works for me. When I allow it to do so, that is. :o

So...

Hi.

Again. :D:D:D

SweetTink 07-29-2009 02:43 PM

Well it is nice to meet so many other calorie counters! I'm new to the whole calorie counting thing but it's already helped me to lose weight! :)

Screen Name: SweetTink

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Husband & a Bonsai. ;)

Hobbies and Interests: Swimming, writing, hiking, scrap booking, talking with friends and having coffee, creating jewelry, painting, shopping, going to movies, going out to eat at fancy restaurants, sewing, dancing, traveling, watching tv, and a bunch of other things!

Music: Jazz, Seal, Coldplay, U2, Led Zepplin, Cars, Nirvana, Fiest, Depeche Mode, Aerosmith, Elvis, Dixie Chicks, Garth Brooks, Beethoven, Chopin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Norah Jones, Black Sabbath, Johnny Cash (cause my Grams use to listen to him), No Doubt, The Killers, Tool, and Rage Against the Machine. This is just some of the music I like.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming, hiking, aerobics, Wii Fit, EA Sports, Yoga, Pilates, biking, walking, and boxing are my favorites. :swim:

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get down to 155-140 by the end of the year (hopefully close or at 140). Then I want to maintain that weight and either stay at 140 or drop to 135 depending on what will be healthiest for me. If I make my end of the year goal or get close enough to it next year my husband and I are going to Hawaii to celebrate! I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii…awwww… :beach:

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had a routine doctor’s visit and got on the scale and realized I weighed 235 pounds! :eek: I knew I had to change my life to be healthier and to be a better wife to my husband! I don’t want to develop health problems and not get to do some of the fun things we enjoy doing together (like hiking) because I’m too overweight. So I started changing and here I am 58.6 pounds lighter and happier! :)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Hitting those darn plateaus! Oh and sweets. I love my sweets.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Diet is my biggest obstacle so number one, sometimes I eat too many calories in a day for the amount I need to lose weight.

Second, eating too many high calorie or high carb foods. Now once in a while is just fine, or once a week I’m not going to stress about that, but everyday eating cookies…that just isn’t good for my body. I need more nutrition then that!

Third, I really need to increase the intensity of my workouts. I do have two high impact sessions a week and that seems to work, but I know as I try to lose more weight the harder those sessions need to be. That is going to be a HUGE hurdle to overcome. I’ve gotten comfortable with light exercising.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Ha ha ha! Oh oh I love this. You’re too funny for coming up with this! :lol:

Well there is this mean girl at work that I’d love to slim down to annoy.
Awwww…that would be nice just to see her face as I walk in all super sexerific!

There is a girl who is super beyond skinny and she just annoys me sometimes and I’d love to slim down just to see her reaction. I know I’m bad! :devil:

I would love to lose weight for my Mom & Sister too though. They think they can’t do it and have a hard time with it, and I think if I do it I can help them to become motivated enough to lose weight too! :hug:

Ok…confession…my husband’s sister. Seriously…that girls got it all! I like her don’t get me wrong and I don’t need to try to look better then her I just would like to get down to the size I want to be. Then it won’t be so obvious that I’m overweight when we’re standing next to each other. :lol:

Oh and for Halloween time when she is dressed in a super short skirt and I’m dying to wear a cute Tinkerbell costume with a short skirt but…I want to look more like the character before I do and well…the character is not plus size. Not that a person can’t dress up like Tinkerbell anyway it was just a personal preference.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Well as I said above a Tinkerbell costume for sure. I also really want to go to the next Comic Con dressed as Samus one day, Cat Woman the next, and then Princess Leia another time. Oh and I’m dying to dress up like Princess Peach. I seriously love her! Not like love love…just think she’s cool love. ;) I mean if it came down to Samus vs. Princess Peach I’m afraid my inner personality is far more Samus then Peach, but my outward personality is so Peach. It’s complicated and I’m a nerd. :lol:

Oh and there are so so many little outfits I’m dying to wear. I want a bunch of cute little summer dresses and skirts. Oh and a BIKINNI! Someday I will wear a BIKINNI!!!! :beach:

And as usual if you read all the way to the bottom of this I think you're totally :cool:

Kat :snail:

1). This week lose 1.5 pounds & eat fewer carbs!
2). Weigh 169.9 on August 29th.
3). August 29th Hike Mt. Timp to the top!

:cheer:

1500cal 08-03-2009 12:43 AM

Screen Name: 1500cal

Age/Age Range: 50s

Family Life: Married kids in college

Hobbies and Interests: Golf, photography, websites

Favorite Music: Classical, Santana, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, early Genesis

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: none

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 100 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? nearly reaching 300 pounds

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? pizza

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? more variety, better recipes, walk more

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? modesty forbids me mentioning it

Lissus 08-04-2009 02:16 PM

hello Calorie counters. I guess I'm new to the fray. Whenever I've needed to lose weight I've looked to weight watchers. But since recently discovering sparkpeople I've been keeping track of both points and calories. I love the fact that SP breaks down everything into reports and I can get a closer look at my nutritional needs.

Tracking both has been too time consuming, so I'm putting away the points for now and switching over to calorie counting. So, I guess I'm kind of a newb here, and wanted to say hi :)

Screen Name: Lissus

Age/Age Range:39

Family Life: Single, always have been, always will be. No marriage and kids for me. It's just never had any appeal to me. I'm too much of a free spirt

Occupation: Being a statistic. (I'm one of the many out here plagued by California's unemployment crisis. I used to be an accounting dept manager, but am trying to break into the floral design field. And not many openings for them in this economy right now :( )

Hobbies and Interests: Too many to list. I think I have ADD. Video gaming, gardening, crafting, reading, sci-fi/horror, my cat.. the list goes on and on

Favorite Music: A pretty wide variety, ranging from Slayer and Danzig to Loreena McKennit and Enya

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: my WiiFit, and EA Sports active. Though recently I've started adding walking/hiking as well

What are your fitness/health goals? Get tight and toned, and look hot in some sexy outfits

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Saw the scale hit over 200 again, and wasnt letting it go further this time

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The rate it's moving. I'm impatient, and the scale is moving WAY too slow for me

Commit to the exercise, exercise more, oh... and did I mention exercise?

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one really.. I just want to look good for myself. Just once in my life I want the hot bod that I KNOW is under here somewhere.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Fetish clothes!! I want to walk into a Dungeon wearing leather and corsets (yeah. I know I'm a freak... but I love my life :P )

ellgee 08-10-2009 08:44 AM

Screen Name: ellgee

Age/Age Range: 40-50

Family Life: married, 2 kids - daughter, 19 and son 16

Hobbies and Interests: knitting

Favorite Music: 80s!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Ugh! Nothing but I hope to change that really soon!

What are your fitness/health goals? Just to be fit and active and like it.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had a lapband placed three years ago and now I think the rest of the journey is up to me. I have started gaining weight and realize that the band is a tool. The real work comes from me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating junk and not exercising.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Wanting to work out, staying on plan, eating when I'm hungry instead of out of habit

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everybody! Honestly, I want to look better than me at this weight.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sleeveless anything.

Onederchic 08-10-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee (Post 2867519)
Screen Name: ellgee

Age/Age Range: 40-50

Family Life: married, 2 kids - daughter, 19 and son 16

Hobbies and Interests: knitting

Favorite Music: 80s!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Ugh! Nothing but I hope to change that really soon!

What are your fitness/health goals? Just to be fit and active and like it.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had a lapband placed three years ago and now I think the rest of the journey is up to me. I have started gaining weight and realize that the band is a tool. The real work comes from me.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating junk and not exercising.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Wanting to work out, staying on plan, eating when I'm hungry instead of out of habit

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everybody! Honestly, I want to look better than me at this weight.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Sleeveless anything.

I wish a lot more people could come to the realization. Kudos to you :cheer2:

Welcome to the family and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle