3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

skinnynene 02-15-2009 01:51 PM

This is me

Screen Name:
Skinnynene

Age/Age Range:
28yrs old

Family Life:
I have 4 beautiful children: Niki-11yrs old, beautiful girl who loves fashion and boys
Taylor - 6yrs old, a girly-girl who still gets dirty and loves soccer and drill team
Kevin - 5yrs old, a total boy who loves anything to do with cars/racing
Loryn - my new baby currently 6mo old, very happy, peaceful baby
Married to the love of my life. He spoils me and makes me feel beautiful no matter what my weight/size.

Dental hygienist

Hobbies and Interests:
I love reading and cycling

Favorite Music:
rock, country, hip-hop...everything

Favorite Color(s):
blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
i love spinning class, tae bo videos, and my treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals?
i want to overall do a 100-mile bike ride, but right now i'm trying to lose about 50lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I saw a bulge in my jeans where my belly is and i've never had belly issues

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
sticking to my plan...i'll lose a few pounds and think that i can handle a little cheating but end up going way overboard and gaining it all back

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
I need more stanima, toning, to lose the new belly and saddlebags

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than my sisters and some of the other drill team moms

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
just a fancy dress for a night out with my hubby...it's hanging in my room so i can see it everyday

Sara480 02-16-2009 05:53 PM

New here

Screen Name:Sara480

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: I am single have no kids

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Reading, Cooking (is what gets me in trouble with my diets)

Favorite Music: I listen to everything

Favorite Color(s): P!NK

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walk away the lbs is good for me!

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to get down to a healthy weight of 200lbs That's healthy for me because I weigh inbetween 450-480

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My knee Pain

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sticking to certain foods.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More exercise, drink more water, eat less carbs

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My best friend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? These cute pants that I bought. :) :carrot:

Shell1919 02-17-2009 10:56 AM

Screen Name: Chell

Age/Age Range: 45

Family Life: Divorced with two teens

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, painting, ART

Favorite Music: Rock, altrernative, jazz, classical, blues BUT favorite band is LiVE.

Favorite Color(s): i love them all

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: if i have to pick i like walking.

What are your fitness/health goals? to learn how to eat healthy, and develope a routine of exercise.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? when the clothes i bought for 'when i need more room' got tighter.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating properly

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to start them all at number one.

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : i would love to look better then i did right after my divorce...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? little girly t-shirts .

rosycheeks 02-17-2009 10:40 PM

Screen Name: rosycheeks, real name is Ashley.

Age/Age Range: 19 years old.

Family Life: Mom's only child, 1/5 and the youngest for my dad. I live with my mom, as does my boyfriend. We're working on finding our own apartment, though. :)

Hobbies and Interests: Journalism (writing in general), spending time with my boyfriend/friends, partying

Favorite Music: I'll give anything a shot, but I tend to gravitate toward the "indie" scene. I like anything with a good beat and bearable lyrics. :)

Favorite Color(s): It's a tie between green and yellow!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The elliptical is basically my love. It's always kicking my butt in the best way.

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to climb down from the "overweight" bracket.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There hasn't been a specific indicent, I've just always felt like the chubby girl and I'm finally fed up with it. People around me insist that I'm not fat but I know I'm not skinny and I'd like to feel sexy.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Passing up food! I have the biggest sweet tooth out of anyone I know and sometimes it's hard to resist the urge to give in.

<b>What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?</b> 1. staying motivated, period. 2. self-control. 3. exercising more often!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Kim Kardashian, Shakira.. I want to be curvy and sexy!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini for the first time in my life. That'd be nice. :)

jenb39 02-18-2009 12:36 AM

Screen Name: jenb39

Age/Age Range: late 30s

Family Life: Mom and teenager

Hobbies and Interests: Making jewelry, camping, reading

Favorite Music: Rock, alternative

Favorite Color(s): Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Circuits, treadmill, walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Lower blood pressure, shrink to size 18 and take it from there.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Doctor wanted me to be on blood pressure medicine.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Moderation - I want what I want as much as I want when I want

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? AGain - moderation and portion control

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : No one really, I just want to look healthy,

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorter skirts and heels w/o pain

wit06002 02-18-2009 12:22 PM

Hi, Im new :)

Screen Name: Wit06002

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life:

Currently living at home with my parents, but in two months spring semester will start and I'll go back to living in a huge appartment with 6 other girls.

Hobbies and Interests: Music, art, cooking, being outside! :), friends, movies

Favorite Music:

Oh man I could never have a favorite...It really all depends on the mood but, I like some classic rock, pop, country....I like it all

Favorite Color(s):

HA!! this is even harder than the music thing....I dont know...I love them all! Im totally an art person so like...even the yucky brown poopy color has a place in my heart :) but I DO tend to favor anything bright and bold!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:

MMmmmm I sorta hate exercise :) but I suppose I really do like sports...I just dont have a lot of opportunity to do sports right now.

I want to be cute! :) I dont need to be thin I just want to be able to shop in normal stores at normal sizes and feel good and healthy, I want to be able to go for a jog without feeling like my lungs are going to claw their way out of my chest, and I want to stop hiding behind my clothes!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

Well...this isnt my first attempt at losing weight...but its usually the same thing. I'll see myself in a picture, my clothes start getting tight, and I am acutely aware of my double chin.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?

Sweets...man, valentines day was killer! I love those sugar cookies with the pink frosting....and they were everywhere that whole week. Also I get the munchies late at night and it makes me want to eat the whole kitchen! ha ha I am resisting though...some how.

#1 Find an exercise or activity that I really enjoy and am able to do on a regular basis.
#2 Keep up the diet when I return to school
#3 DRINK MORE WATER!!!!!!!!

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? :

All of my roomates!! Hey...it heavy competition in an appartment full of cute girls...I need to stand out!!!!!!!:carrot:

Well I deffinately cant wait to STOP wearing sweaters and jackets with EVERYTHING I wear, and I really want to be able to wear cute stuff. There isnt a whole lot of really cute plus size clothes...I manage. But I'de like to be able to just walk into any store and be able to find something I like.

moralitylikeart 02-18-2009 08:15 PM

Screen Name: moralitylikeart

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: very big family but I'm 3 hours away in college with my best friend and boyfriend

Occupation: student and housing and residential life desk and mail assistant

Hobbies and Interests: I'm big on art and literature, I'm a photographer for my school newspaper

Favorite Music: the shins! neutral milk hotel, animal collective, arcade fire, and ratatat

Favorite Color(s): teal and brown... and gray

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical, pilates, and running outdoors

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 25-30 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I lost 10 pounds this summer with the same goal... by christmas I has gained it all back and then some. I stepped off the scale and decided it was time :/

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Time. Sometimes it's hard for me to feel like I have time for the gym on top of everything else, but I try to go 5 times a week.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Changing up my routine and upper body strength (I have none).

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Not better than, but I want to be as fit as my boyfriend and sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my BATHING SUIT confidently!

Misora 02-19-2009 09:52 PM

Screen Name:Misora

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Live with parents, sister and special needs nephew (I would love to move out but my family needs all the help they can get at home and I would miss them. I always got lonely when I lived alone before.)

Hobbies and Interests: knitting, video games, baking, gardening (I know I need healthier hobbies!)

Favorite Music: filk, folk, classical, opera, golden oldies, techno

Favorite Color(s): greens, blues and purples

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking but I want to get back into weight lifting. When I stopped in high school I could bench press 100lbs which isn't bad for a girl!

What are your fitness/health goals? I've got the crazy goal of riding my bike to work one day. I live 7 miles and the roads are kind of busy but the thought of being able to do that in a set time and not be a sweaty panty mess is amazing.

I should probably say when I hit the 300 mark but to be honest it happened one day when my mother was complaing about having a bunch of hamburger that was going to spoil so she made lasagna. I looked down into the dish of oily greasy pasta and meat with no veggies and thought "Am I my mother's garbage disposal now?" It's been 2 weeks since I've eaten a single meal my mother's cooked and I've lost over 7 lbs. I'm hoping that she'll see my example and cut back on the meat and start serving vegetables.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I don't like to work out alone. My sister and I work out and walk but she works on her feet and is often too tired to go. I need to get in a better habit of working out.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to find the calorie range that leaves me with energy but losing weight. I need to work more 'non excercise' activity into my day (things like riding my bike which I hope to do for fun not just for excercise) and I'ld like to get to the point that I know what to eat by looking at it and not by looking it up and doing a bunch of research but I don't know if that's even possible.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : *looks around* To be honest I want to look better than my ex best friend. She lied to me so she could borrow several thousand dollars and when I found out I haven't spoken to her since. We're related though so I keep getting updates. I admit I was really glad that she hit 300lbs before I did and she's getting ready to have bypass surgery and while I don't think it will happen I would love to lose more weight than her. Sadly enough if this is the motivation I need to get my own life in order I'll take it!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything not from a plus size store. As far back as I can remember we shopped in the plus size girls department and when I was older at places like Lane Bryant and Catherines. I would love to get to walk into a New York and Company, zip something up and buy it.

loveLauren 02-19-2009 10:16 PM

Screen Name: lovelauren

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Four brothers, two sisters(including my twin sister). i currently live with my bf and his family.

Hobbies and Interests: reading. classic films. walking. listening to music. writing.

Favorite Music: anything upbeat

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: stationary bike/sometimes the wii fit.

What are your fitness/health goals? My goal is to lose 40 punds. I've already lost 10

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When my bf's nephew was taking photos without me knowing and i caught a glimpse of me eating cake. i baught a scale and realized in 3 months i gained almost 25 pounds.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I hate veggies. Finding something low cal is hard.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1.) start excersizing a llittle more 2.) drink more water 3.) give up diet soda

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :My bf's perfect sister in law. She's so petite after having her baby and just loves to point out how she only drinks water and eats healthy and can still wear her skinny jeans before her daughter.
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts!

Phyxius79 02-20-2009 04:21 PM

Screen Name: Phyxius79

Age/Age Range: 29 (almost 30)

Family Life: Married for almost 8 years. Two dogs and five horses that take all my time and money, so I have no children! My mom and dad who are near by - mom is losing weight with me! Sister and her five kids are close too!

Occupation: Office Assistant/Secretary at my father-in-law's business. (My Husband works there too)

Hobbies and Interests: Spending time with my husband, family, and animals. Trail (horse) riding, fishing, camping, gardening, anything outdoors. Also like to read, watch movies, and some small things to do like paint by number and puzzles!

Favorite Music: anything from 80's hair bands to today's country

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Just starting but really like the Hip Hop Abs. Also just got a few Julian Micheals DVDs

What are your fitness/health goals? My goal is to lose 50 - 60 pounds, feel great, and have awesome self esteem again!! And ride my horses a lot more - I didn't ride once in 2008.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was tired all the time, feeling yucky, and hate my life. I wanted to live again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I hate veggies a lot, not to mention I have no patience, but I am learning.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1.) learn more about what is good and what is better 2.) eat better, I have changed but need to change more 3.) Work on resisting cravings.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
My mom. I love her dearly but I should look younger and healthier then her. Right now she weighs less them me, looks good, and I feel stupid when we go places. I want us both to look great!!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My old swim suit, size 12 jeans, shorts, and lingerie that I feel sexy in!

shymeggie 02-23-2009 10:35 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: Shymeggie

Age/Age Range:38

Family Life:Married with 3 human kids and a farm full of goat kids

Hobbies and Interests:I love to read and knit and garden big time.

Favorite Music:country and old time rock and roll

Favorite Color(s):blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:right now gardening if that is a workout ?

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to bend over without my belly flub getting in the way.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Looking at the pics from my daughters sixth grade graduation.OMG when did I get that big ????

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Snacking and comfort eating

1. exercise every day
2. control what I put in my mouth
3. keep a food diary

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Every woman who my husband looks at

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? nothing at all and feel good doing it !

Jushave2try 02-25-2009 12:50 AM

Screen Name:Jushave2try ;)

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: An 11 month old son and his dad/my bf

Hobbies and Interests: I kinda like to workout, sports

Favorite Music:

Favorite Color(s):red, green, wearing yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:stair master and cardio kickbox

What are your fitness/health goals? to be healthy and lose weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was sick of coming up with excuses when I would say I would start and wouldn't

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? OVEREATING

1. Maintaing a rigorous work out schedule
2. Cutting/eliminating sweets
3. Stop overeating
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Some1 I have in mind :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A smaller size pair of jeans and a bikini and a nice top that will not show any "rolls"...just about everything actually even shoes

cammieb 02-26-2009 01:21 PM

Screen Name:cammieb

Age/Age Range:

Family Life: My mum and my beautiful 1 year old son.

Hobbies and Interests: Wow, a lot of stuff. lol. Horseback riding, acting, singing, dancing, reading, writing, and Harry Potter.

Favorite Music: Favorite music to listen to is rockish type stuff i.e. fall Out Boy, Paramore, etc To sing, pop and classics, and to dance to, hip hop and swing. For relaxation, piano music.

Favorite Color(s): Forest green and silver.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I really like the elliptical and I like climbing stairs. Also interval training.

Being thin enough to model again, but doing it healthy this time.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I looked at pictures of me on a cruise with my cousin and I looked like this huge blob next to her.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not giving up when I feel discouraged

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I would have to say doing more cardio (I get in about 30 minutes a day), keeping track of everything I eat (Sometimes I'm too lazy to track the mustard), and starting weight training.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
Adriana Lima. I'm soooo jealous of her. :P

A bikini

twilight 02-27-2009 12:01 PM

Screen Name: twilight

Age/Age Range: 40s

Family Life: married, kids are grown

Hobbies and Interests: gardening, frugal/green living, reading

Favorite Music: alternative, blues, anything acoustic

Favorite Color(s): black -- for clothing

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? lose weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've gained 50 lbs over the last 10 years (about 5 lbs per year). The other day I faced this reality -- at this rate I'll hit 200 lbs in another 2 years.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Facing myself in the mirror -- wondering how I let it get to this point.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Overeating after work, spending less time at the computer, staying motivated.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : That hotsy-totsy that always flirts with my husband :s:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans without an elastic waist, especially those Levis I have stored under the bed!

army wife 83 02-27-2009 09:44 PM

Screen Name: army wife 83

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Married for 3 years

Hobbies and Interests: Really into my church, love to sing/dance, read, make lists, crunch numbers, and as of late.. EXERCISE!

Favorite Music: Reggae, Jazz, Oldies, Polynesian Music

Favorite Color(s): Purple / Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get to a healthy BMI, which for my height is 145 lbs.. 20 down, 90 to go. :)

All of my clothes started to suffocate me & I REFUSE to buy new ones.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating OP when around friends/family

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? not binge when I eat something sweet, less refined carbs, vary my workouts

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I definitely want to be skinnier than my husband for ONCE!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Lingerie ;)