3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

ashley916 07-08-2008 01:25 AM

Screen Name: ashley916

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: single, live with my dad and his girlfriend on school breaks, otherwise live in dorm at college

Hobbies and Interests: concerts

Favorite Music: All Time Low

Favorite Color(s): blue & green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: turbo jam

What are your fitness/health goals? get back to my pre-college weight and lose these love handles

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? going to the doctor and realizing just how much i had gained

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating healthily since i don't really like a lot of fruits or vegetables

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating better, becoming more coordinated with the moves, not binging

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : haha i dont even know...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my old jeans! i will have so many more items of clothing to wear!

JodyJane 07-09-2008 10:25 AM

Screen Name:JodyJane

Age/Age Range:42

Family Life:married with 2 DSs

Hobbies and Interests:Scrapbooking, reading Dean Koontz & Janet Evanovich, anything crafty

Favorite Music:COUNTRY all the way

Favorite Color(s):Blue & Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking, swimming, using my Glider

What are your fitness/health goals?Get off meds for Diabetes

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Being told I need to go on Insulin

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Life in general and stress

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating, exercising & taking time for myself to plan

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My niece! LOL

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?anything in a size 12

MarleysMama 07-11-2008 12:21 PM

Screen Name: MarleysMama

Age/Age Range:22

Family Life:Married and have two beautiful children

Hobbies and Interests: Playing with my children, swimming, training my dog, scrapbooking, etc

Favorite Music: top 40, and classic rock

Favorite Color(s): definately a 3 way tie between orange, yellow and green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love swimming and my elliptical, and Slim in 6, although it is rough. lol

What are your fitness/health goals? I just want to be within a healthy BMI, know how to eat correctly, so that my children never struggle with thier weight like I have...and stay this way for the rest of my life

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I've been trying for a long time and I want to try the old fashioned way since every other way doesnt seem to be perminent

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? just not finding a plan that I can realistically stick to

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1. I need ot get my behind moving again
2. I need to learn portion control
3. I need to stop eating when I'm bored

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
LOL!!! I really dont have anyone...I just want to look great for me and my hubby :)
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
a bikini! (typical answer but SO true!)

I am so excited to have joined this board and I cannot wait to jump in a make a lifestyle change, learn new info, and make some great friends along the way :)

Zima 07-11-2008 10:58 PM

Screen Name: Zima

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: I live with my husband and our kitty cat!

Hobbies and Interests: I'm obsessed with losing weight and getting fit, so that's my main interest at the moment. That includes keeping my calorie-counting and exercise journal up to date every time I do anything, going to the gym every day, going bike riding, walking, rollerblading, dancing. I love hanging out with my husband, who is my best friend, and with other friends. I love being online; especially on myspace and on AIM. I love goth clothing and makeup and goth/rock clubs.

Favorite Music: Rock bands with chick singers. Eyes Set To Kill, In This Moment, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Avril Lavigne, Leaves' Eyes, Stolen Babies...and on and on.

Favorite Color(s): Orange, Black, Red.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love workout classes! They are my number 1 motivator, and I am so glad that my gym has plenty of them every day!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be 115 lbs with no flab anywhere!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My clothes no longer fitting and looking fat in everything I tried on.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Family gatherings with lots of yummy food that I have to avoid!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I actually think I am doing an amazing job so far. I am eating right, exercising every day, keeping a journal, coming to this site and others... if I fall off the wagon, I'll let you all know hehe.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everyone! I don't know, I think that skinny chicks are so cute and pretty. I want to be cute and pretty :(

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I can't wait till I can wear thigh-high fishnets properly without worrying about my legs looking like fat sausages.

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 10:41 AM

Screen Name: WantsSkinnyJeansBack

Age/Age Range: 32 !

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend Brian, my two girlfriends and my dog Buster and two cats Lily and Iris! Busy house!

Occupation: I am a freelance photographer and a server at a restaurant

Hobbies and Interests: photography, gardening, shopping, reading, writing, socializing

Favorite Music: Oh, I love it all!

Favorite Color(s): Blue and Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like the elliptical machine and lower body exercises.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want a strong heart and body. A flat belly is the ultimate goal.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Being self conscious. Its affecting my confidence seeking new jobs.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The scale! Drinking beer is a downfall of mine, too.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Late night snacking, carb intake and making it to the gym everyday

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My roommate, Lauren! Gosh that's awful!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skinny Jeans and form fitting top

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:13 PM

You Go, Holly!
I love your spirit and drive!

Tracie

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTna (Post 803478)
Screen Name:
KTna
Age/Age Range:
Family Life:
Married, no kids yet.
Marketing
Hobbies and Interests:
Music, cars, real estate, art...
Favorite Music:
depends on the day, alternative-rap-classical...everything!
Favorite Color(s):
they all work for me
Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Yourself!Fitness, Dance Dance Revolution, walking
What are your fitness/health goals?
I would like to get to 150, and see where I will go from there
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Lost when I got married (but not enough) gained after that, lost for a cruise, maintained after that, now losing for my friends wedding that I am in (in June) and after that I am continuing losing for my birthday
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
body image, I can't see the loss, and I feel that I haven't come as far as I have, I struggle with accepting the loose skin
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
I need to exercise more in general. I try to get up in the morning, but it's so hard!
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
Myself, but I would like to look like one of the female wrestlers on WWE
Bridesmaid dress in June, and look great in it!

WOW KTna! Your weight loss is very inspiring!

Any tips?
Looks like we've got about the same amount of weight to lose now!

Tracie :)

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphil (Post 794007)
*Screen Name: Aphil

*Age/Age Range: almost 30! :lol:

*Family Life:
Married with two children-Raiden is 3, Jasmine is 6

Middle Eastern dancer with Troupe Taleeba, professional seamstress and costume maker specializing in belly dance costumes and movie costume replicas, vendor for belly dance merchandise, member of the costume staff at TheForce.net

*Hobbies and Interests:
Art, dance (all kinds), music and instruments, costumes and costume design, sci-fi and fantasy movies and books, foreign culture, wine and mead, Renaissance faires, exercising, Natural health and eating practices, funky clothing, any craft-crocheting, floral design, beading, painting-you name it I do it. :lol:

*Favorite Music:
Middle Eastern, Prince, Ani Difranco, Adult alternative-folksy stuff, Bob Dylan, Fleetwood Mac, classical, Gothic-Type O Negative or Manson type stuff, Electronic Techno-Raver stuff, Bluegrass (yeah-imagine that! :lol: ) Afikan Jenbe, Native American and Middle Eastern drumming...really anything that makes unique use of instruments and musical talents. (So I actually pretty much hate pop music like Britney Spears and Hillary Duff.)

*Favorite Color(s): green, black, and any shade of brown. I like orange as well.

*Favorite Exercise/Workouts: strength training, belly dancing, walking, and yoga.

*What are your fitness/health goals?
To become stronger, more flexible, and more more aerobically fit. I would ultimately like to maintain a weight of around 140-but I am in no hurry. I concentrate the most on athletic fitness. I also concentrate on eating as much of a natural diet as possible.

*What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

After I had my first child I weighed 200 pounds. The trigger to get fit was when I saw photos of me with her during a baby pageant. It tore me up to see how fat I was. I made it to goal and maintenance, and soon became pregnant again.
I hadn't even recuperated from his birth totally yet when he became very ill with pneumonia and aspirated lungs at a few weeks of age. He was in intensive care for a while and I was doing breathing treatments and such every couple hours for a while after his hospital release. Once that was all over with-I realized how worn out and fat I was. I was 211 pounds and tired and just worn out. I couldn't wear anything but housewife sweatpants. I knew I had to start taking care of myself, if I was going to take care of my children.

*What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Binge eating/snacking

*What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
*Stop occasional binge eating/snacking
*To drink more water
*To try to push my dance experience and ability to a higher level

*(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) :
Every female on my husband's side of the family. :rofl:

*What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Shorts! (legs are my problem area)

Aphil,

I love Ani, too. To the point where I wrote paper about her lyrics in a psych class in class. She's wonderful.

I have a problem with the occasional binge eating as well.... tough stuff!! Do you have any suggestions?

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Very impressive!

Tracie

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantsSkinnyJeansBack (Post 2269273)
Aphil,

I love Ani, too. To the point where I wrote paper about her lyrics in a psych class in class. She's wonderful.

I have a problem with the occasional binge eating as well.... tough stuff!! Do you have any suggestions?

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Very impressive!

Tracie

oh goodness. sorry about all the typo's... need to slow down... this site has gotten me so excited.
(psych class in COLLEGE)

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VermontMom (Post 794614)
Screen Name: VermontMom, real name Holly

Age/Age Range: oh, over 40 (44) :D

Family Life: Married, to same guy, for 25 years. Two sons, 22 and 14. One huge furry Alaskan shepherd

Hobbies and Interests: MOTORCYCLES, working out, mostly baking but some cooking, reading, gardening, motorcycles

Favorite Music: I am hopelessly stuck in the music of late '70's and 80's, lol, but I also like the girl groups of the '50's, early Elvis.

Favorite Color(s): Black studded leather (sorry! :D) Black and dark deep colors, greens/burgundies.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: anything by Gilad. I like weight training, I love muscles, I think a muscled woman is so sexy, strong.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to be a compact size 6, around 140, with definite muscle tone. I want people to be able to tell I work out. I would like enough bodyfat eliminated so I can actually see what non-fat legs and ankles look like. I do not want to see any rippling on the back of my thighs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Nothing in particular; just felt time marching on and I was unhappy, tired all the time, sick of myself, jealous of nice-looking women.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Keeping my eating under control. I got to a comfortable size 6, weight 142, but have allowed some pounds to come back, due to lax attention to portion control and being accountable.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? again, going back to realizing I FOREVER have to be vigilant; staying AWAY from white sugar/flour/cakey sweets; drinking my 64 ounces of water daily.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Anyone significantly younger than me :D

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Is this limited to only one??? Leather chaps, with just sexy panties...at a motorcycle rally :rofl: and a short denim skirt with heels.

thanks, aphil!

You Go, Holly!!

Your spirit is contagious!

Congrats on your weight loss. I hope your having a blast with the new bod!

Tracie

tater tash 07-17-2008 01:16 AM

Screen Name: dont have one, myspace.com/hernameistasha

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Boyfriend, Chihuahua, the craziest cat you'll ever meet.

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, baking, nutrition.

Favorite Music: The Beatles

Favorite Color(s): yellow!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging, running

What are your fitness/health goals? Have excellent endurance and just being healthy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Looking at myself in a 3 way mirror after gaining weight while living in Europe for 3 months.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Previously, staying motivated.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?1.Find new fun/fresh foods to include in my meals.
2. Run farther
3. Think of something other than my diet!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself a year ago.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Nothing!:o

Timeforme 07-17-2008 09:56 AM

Hello!

Screen Name: Timeforme

Age/Age Range:Late 30s

Family Life:Married 16 years with a 6 and 7 year old.

Hobbies and Interests:PTA, planning family activities....guess I need to focus a little more on me again now that my kids will both be in school all day....hmmm, maybe a part-time time job?

Favorite Music:Nora Jones

Favorite Color(s):Earth tones...green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae-bo, walking, hiking

What are your fitness/health goals? Eat better and lose a lot of weight!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not being able to recognize myself in the mirror and the look of shock on people's faces who had not seen me since I gained so much weight. Also, planning a trip to Disney and the fear of not being able to go on rides because of my weight! Managed to lose 52 pounds before the trip, so now I need to find other motivators! I started to gain back weight as soon as the trip was over. Trying to stop myself before I gain it all back.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Stop emotional eating. Eat more veggies! Get more exercise!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Oh, so many to choose from, but I guess I would pick the moms who snub me at my kids school because I don't fit their mold!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Everything! I can't wait to shop for clothes that actually look good and don't just "fit"! I am especially looking forward to being able to go to the pool with my kids in a swimsuit and not be embarrassed.

AnaisK 07-18-2008 01:06 PM

this is me...

Screen Name: AnaisK

Age/Age Range: 40

Family Life: married 4 years...no children

Hobbies and Interests: yoga, nutrition, reading, movies, fashion, decorating, hanging out at the beach, writing

Favorite Music: changes all the time...right now I'm listening to a lot of female artists...Brandi Carlile, Lucinda Williams, Aimee Mann...

Favorite Color(s):aqua and all blues...

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? to become fit, flexible, and firm! Start weight training!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? seeing pictures of myself...and going from a size 2 to a size 10!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? my job. The constantly changing time zones, jet lag, having to eat out frequently... I'm often too tired to work out, plus food comforts me when i'm tired.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? workout consistency, water consistency, eating regular meals...while i'm sitting down!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? honestly...there isn't anyone that comes to mind. But I want to look AS GOOD AS...Reghan, Molly, and Julie.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini

Birl 07-20-2008 11:05 PM

Screen Name:Birl

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: married 2 grown sons

Hobbies and Interests: travel, shopping, fashion

Favorite Music: a little of everything

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:walking

What are your fitness/health goals? to have a 32 inch waist

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? saw a picture of me

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? sweets, carbs

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? cut sweets and breads incorporate strengh training

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : the younger girls

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? halter dress

ShrinkingShrink 07-21-2008 06:01 PM

New "chick"

Hi there - I'm new and in desperate need of a support group! In the interest of time I didn't complete the entire questionnaire. I am excited to get to know all of you!

Screen Name: ShrinkingShrink

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married, no kids (trying)

Hobbies and Interests: hmmm. maybe if i had more of these I'd be eating less :)

Favorite Music: 80s alternative

Favorite Color(s): purple, pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: step, dancing

What are your fitness/health goals?
1) to lose 25 lbs & fit into size 8 clothes, and 2) to complete a 5k

It's a decision I've made MANY times. This time, it's that my clothes don't fit.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Social times - eating and drinking with friends often leads to eating and drinking too much!

I can't wait to feel good in a two-piece swimsuit again. I'd love to feel comfortable at the gym in a bra-top!