3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

mudbugs 03-28-2006 05:48 PM

Screen Name: mudbugs

Age/Age Range: 50

Family Life: 2 kids, married, grown and gone. Happily married and he is on a diet too! Also, three cats (Roary, Thumper & Widdle) and 3 step kids, 6 grandkids

Hobbies and Interests: painting, drawing, knitting, crocheting, travel, my rose garden

Favorite Music: 60's and 70's rock

Favorite Color(s): Hunter green, brick red, ecru.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Maybe gardening right now...I am looking for a way to exercise that I can do without pain in my hip.

What are your fitness/health goals? I just wanna look better and take some pressure off of my hip ....(arthritis), and I DO.NOT.WANT.A.HIP.REPLACEMENT.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? This time??? The pain in my hip.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My husband being a bad influence. And all the goodies people bring to work, like bagels and Krispy Kremes and coffee cake and pizza--and they all eat all day long and are skinny. makes me sick. :mad:

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1.I need to get patience.
2.I need to get more stick-to-it-iveness and not think I can start eating everything in sight once I get closer to my goal.
3.I need to quit weighing myself every seven minutes.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Oh, let's see. My wicked 120 lb. step daughter? :D Oh, that's too mean, isn't it? Too bad, that's my answer.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Dress pants with a tucked-in blouse, WITHOUT wearing a blazer over it to cover my big butt. :smug: And I want to wear my high heels again once my hip doesn't hurt. And tank tops with my jeans. And a thong. No, I am kidding. no thong. :D :D :D

hockeyfan7 03-29-2006 05:51 PM

Screen Name: hockeyfan7

Age/Age Range: 42 (I'll be 43 in 36 days)

Family Life: 1 husband, 2 cats

Hobbies and Interests: music, reading, watching my favorite TV shows, hockey, NASCAR

Favorite Music: Contempory Christian and Country

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: We have a gym at our office, so I do strength training and cardio M-F

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lessen knee pain

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The knee surgeon telling me in May 2005 that if I didn't lose the rest of the weight, I wouldn't be walking in 10 years.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have Celiac disease so I can't eat anything with gluten in it -- limits food choices.

1. Being adventurous with veggies and trying new ones
2. Figuring out ways to get fiber since I can't eat whole grains
3. Exercising on Saturdays or Sundays

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Right now I want to weigh less than my husband.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A denim mini-skirt in a size 8 that's hanging in my closet right now for motivation.

VirgoChic 04-04-2006 10:36 AM

Hola!

Screen Name: VirgoChic

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: No children. I currently live with my older sister.

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, reading, watching my favorite shows (The Boondocks, Family Guy, South Park, Law & Order: SVU)

Favorite Music: I'll listen to anything that has a good beat and catchy lyrics.

Favorite Color(s): Baby blue... I like pastels.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Right now it's the treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to run for more than 5 minutes. I'd also like to be able to do some pilates and yoga.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? For the second time, I broke a piece of furniture.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Giving into convenience and grabbing a meal at McDonald's/Wendy's/Burger King.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? My sister says I eat too many carbs, and I always tell her that I'm on a low cal "diet", not a low carb one. I generally try to stay below 180 grams of carbs though.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Beyonce :lol:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?[/COLOR] SLEEVELESS SHIRTS! I have NEVER worn a sleeveless shirt--not even when I'm at home because I OWN none. My arms are huge, and there's the bat-wing thing going on there. I really hope I can change this with a brachioplasty as my LAST resort.

MariaOfColumbia 04-06-2006 03:01 PM

Screen Name: Maria of Columbia

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: happily married for 22 years, three teenagers- 18, 17 & 15

Hobbies and Interests: sci fi- movies and books & hobby farm

Favorite Music: New Grass

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: treadmill, exercycle & free weights + calisthenics

What are your fitness/health goals? 140 lbs this summer

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? We are going to Barbados in August, and I've been avoiding swim suits for a decade. I figured it was time to face up to my weight problem and do what my mom did when she lost weight last year: "starvation and torture" ;)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting enough fiber and potassium. The diet program I use is never happy with those levels.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? see above

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I'm really not comparing myself to anyone. I just want to enjoy this vacation coming up without embarrassment. There will be a jillion pictures no doubt. :rolleyes:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Something NEW that I buy in Barbados!!!

LaVictorita 04-08-2006 12:59 PM

Screen Name: LaVictorita

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Single, with cat and 2 roomates I rarely see. My parents are back in Long Beach, CA. I'm living in Mexico City.

Hobbies and Interests: art, design, friends, culture, health

Favorite Music: Gorillaz, Llasa, Hot Hot Heat, Cafe Tacuba, Aterciopelados, Manu Chao, Sleater Kinney, The Brazilian Girls, etc.

Favorite Color(s): GREEN!! and TURQUOISE!!! YEAH!!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Spinning ALL THE WAY!!!

What are your fitness/health goals? Spinning 4 x's a week, and resistance training. Right now I'm just sticking with Spinning.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Um... Well I got dumped by some guy last year (it wasn't even a big deal) and I got depressed, and I realized that if I want to attract someone who thinks I'm amazing, I have to REALLY BE AMAZING!!! Yeah, I'm amazing inside, and I believe it, but I want my outside to reflect what I am on the inside!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Em... I struggle with consistency. Oh, and weight training. I know it's necessary, but I just find it hard to stick with.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Well, I need to work more, so I can buy my groceries, which are more expensive than when I was eating junk food, and I need to organize myself better so I can cook more interesting food in less time, and I can't miss my Spining classes!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Well, I'm not really worried about who I look better than, but I do have an evil motivation: a guy.:love: We started something that surprised us both back in Dec, but we won't see each other again till July... I don't know what'll happen, but I want to be totally prepared, inside and out;)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Well I have a pair of Levis from a few years ago that are too tight for me... and I would like to be able to wear tight fitting shirts without feeling self conscious, or without wearing a cardigan over it...

maegdaeien 04-08-2006 01:11 PM

Screen Name: Maegdaeien

Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: I am a college student so I live with 2 of my friends in an apartment off campus

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, watching movies

Favorite Music: Dean Martin, Rufus Wainwright, Sinead O'Connor

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, because I can do it between classes and work!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be able to walk up stairs without feeling winded, and not feel gross in a bathing suit

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There really wasn't an incident. I have been overweight for years, tried and failed more times than I can remember, but somehow this time it's been working!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Portion control. I have a hard time making smaller bowls of food!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise more, eat smaller portions, and stop making excuses

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: My sister. She's always been really small, and has always gotten lots of attention.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? The goal on my ticker says 150, but my real goal is to be able to wear size 12 jeans comfortably!

Marineswife85 04-10-2006 08:55 PM

Screen Name: Marineswife85

Age/Age Range:20

Family Life: Married, 17 month old son

Hobbies and Interests: horses, reading, writing, etc

Favorite Music:all kinds

Favorite Color(s):Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking, going to the gym

What are your fitness/health goals? Loose about 50 lbs, and improve my eating

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Excessive weight gain over the years..

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? i love FOOD lol

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? dieting im doing ok, but id like to exercise more

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Umm.. my best friend (our weight has always fluctuated together and shes usually a little less than me! lol)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have a pair of size 9 jeans that looked great on me when i was 17.. i would LOOVE to fit in them again!

rev0586 04-16-2006 10:20 PM

Screen Name:REV0586

Age/Age Range:19

Family Life:SINGLE

Hobbies and Interests:MY IPOD LOL

Favorite Music: REGGAETON HIP HOP SOME CLASSICAL RAP ETC

Favorite Color(s):RED

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: DANCING

What are your fitness/health goals? RUN FOR AT LEAST 30 MIN. ON TREADMILL W/O STOPPING. WEIGH AROUND 120-130

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? UMMM I KNOW THIS ISNT A GOOD REASON BUT ITS ONE OF THE MAJOR ONES ON WHY I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT: I LIKE A GUY (WELL ALL THE GUYZ I EVER LIKED) BUT HE DOSENT LIKE ME AND I KNOW ITS BECAUSE OF MY WEIGHT AND IM REALLY TIRED OF THAT SO THATS ONE OF THE MAJOR REASONS I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? THE FOOD I LOVE FAST FOOD AND THAT MY MOM IS ALWAYS OFFERING ME FAST FOOD AND IF I DONT ACCEPT IT THAN SHE GETS MAD

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. NOT TO I GUESS BINGE EAT 2. EXERCISE MORE NOT JUST 1 DAY OUT OF THE WEEK 3. EAT BREAKFAST TOO B/C I NEVER DO

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: THE GIRLS THAT HAVE A NICE BODY AT THE NIGHTCLUBS and THE GUY THAT I LIKE I WANT TO SHOW HIM WHAT HE MISSED OUT ON AND MAKE HIM JEALOUS LOL

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A WIFEBEATER AND MINISKIRT AND (HIGH HEELS <---- NOT WITH MINISKIRT THOUGH)

magst 04-17-2006 07:52 PM

Hello

Screen Name: Magst

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Married w/ no children (yet)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, walking, hiking, cooking, photography

Favorite Music: All kinds

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking & Aerobics

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to be more toned & weigh 130 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When my dr said in 10 years I would start to notice my health decline due to my weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I'm still a compulsive eater.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise more, I need to eat better, & I need to tell my self when to stop eating

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My co-worker

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my red bathing suit

Firefly 04-19-2006 01:31 PM

Screen Name:Firefly

Age/Age Range:Femail 34

Family Life:Mom of three girls Jocelynn 11 1/2 Danielle 10 in May Cheslea 7

Hobbies and Interests:crafting card making computers shopping organizing my house over and over

Favorite Music:Most any I don't get much time to follow any certian group

Favorite Color(s): earth tones jade tones most any. Not a pastel person

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I have my teadmill cross trainer. I like walking biking some. getting into roller blads (need new ones)

What are your fitness/health goals? loose my weight then to maintian. I to bring myb girls to pools park go hiking more over all good health

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Well most any pic I saw of my self I could puke. I sat out all last summer from all the water parks and pools. Not wanting to be seen in a suit. I was always to affried to get on ice skates or roller blades . I have bad knees and I didn't want to hurt myself.
Not wanting to go out or taking 3 hours to find something I can wear.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? ortain control and exercise snacking

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? protion control at times. push myself a little mosre try new exercise

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? speggetti strap tank tops and form fitted shirts more.

bethanykf 04-20-2006 04:38 PM

Screen Name:
bethanykf

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
I have been married since November 7, 2003. We do not have any children yet, but I am looking forward to starting a family once we are both more healthy.

Assistant Manager at an independent video store.

Hobbies and Interests:
Listening to music, reading, writing, playing video games.

Favorite Music:
Lots- Spookey Ruben, Rufus Wainwright, Hawksley Workman, Tori Amos, Howie Day, Imogen Heap, Loudon Wainwright, Martha Wainwright, Transilience, Andrew Bird... I don't like most stuff that is on the radio or MTV, no country and no rap...

Favorite Color(s):
red, green, burgundy

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
The ones that are video games keep me most interested--- Eyetoy Kinetic, Eyetoy Groove (not technically a workout game, but I sweat more doing that than many other workouts. Also Yourself!Fitness.

What are your fitness/health goals?
I want to get down to 130 pounds or so... Depends on how I look, I don't want to be too bony. I would like to be able to run or jog without feeling ridiculous and when I have children I would like to be able to keep up with them (as much as one can :)).

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Well originally it was when I was talking to my mom on the phone... She was a little tipsy and when I told her I wore a size large shirt she kept insisting that I must be at least a 2X. Within the week I had decided to make some changes. I was 220 pounds at 5'3" and a smoker. I was always exhausted and I always felt sick. My current effort was triggered by the fact that I am now 180 pounds when I had gotten down to 154 on my original effort. The holidays came around and I decided to give myself a break, but the break never ended. My clothes are starting to feel tight again... Also I am taking a trip to Vegas next weekend and last night I saw myself in a bathing suit... haha.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
The all or nothing mentality... One little splurge turns into a day of binging.

1. That all or nothing mentality that I mentioned above.
2. Negative thoughts bout myself that help nothing.
3. Choosing one approach and sticking with it. I think that I have read too much about dieting each approach sounds good to me so I keep on changing what I am doing even if the current approach is working.... I am fairly new to dieting (October 2004 I started), but I have tried slimfast, atkins, nutrisystem, trimspa, calorie counting, etc.

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;)
Myself-now. :) I don't really have anyone to compete with or try to be better than other than me because I don't have much of a social life. lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
A bathing suit... shorts... Basically summertime clothing is a real struggle for me.

denice81 04-20-2006 10:38 PM

Screen Name: denice81

Age/Age Range:24

Family Life: married, no kids

Hobbies and Interests: art, volunteering, spending time with my family, friends and dog, reading

Favorite Music: all kinds

Favorite Color(s): chartreuse

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, jogging(i'm new to this one though), and dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get down to about 140 give or take and have good cardio endurance

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? i hit my highest weight ever around dec. 2005 and felt awful about myself

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? staying motivated even when i mess up or plateau

bump it up a notch on the cardio, drink more water, eat more veggies

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : haha, my current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
my old favorite jeans (size9) or a bikini that actually is flattering

erinid 04-24-2006 04:56 PM

Screen Name: erinid

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: married, 1 2 year old daughter

Hobbies and Interests: I don't have time for those right now-- we're moving soon!

Favorite Music: anything really, it all depends on my mood

Favorite Color(s): purple, red, and sunset.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: DANCING- I was a swing dancer in college

What are your fitness/health goals? to be healthier

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my doc suggested gastric bypass

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I'm just beginning again-- but it's always been battling hunger- lol-- I get bored

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to excersize more, more regularly, and I need to find some better low calorie snacks

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Hm-- Never thought of that.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Definately a cute little outfit so I can go to the club and not feel self concious.

buckneram 04-28-2006 05:54 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: buckneram

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: living with bf whom i love dearly!

Hobbies and Interests: I LOVE to scrapbook and play guitar!

Favorite Music: The Beatles, anything from the 80's, new pop music (kelly clarkson)

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Richard Simmons, Denise Austin

What are your fitness/health goals? I have a few goals. I want to be diabetic free. Just found out I was boarderline diabetic and want to rid myself of it. I also want to loose 90 pounds. I also want to lower my cholesterol.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have no clothes that fit.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binging and depression.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Drink more water, exercise more, eat healthier

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My bf's sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sexy little things for my bf!!!!!!

Brendalee 04-30-2006 07:57 PM

Screen Name: Brendalee

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Me, Son age 7 and 2 cats

Hobbies and Interests: Camping, Walking, Reading, Gaming, Playing Cards

Favorite Music: Classic Rock, Rock, Alternative

Favorite Color(s): PURPLE

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Curves

What are your fitness/health goals? Want to drop cholesterol below 200 and lose 100 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not having a date for a year.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Finding time and energy to exercise.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Making time, motivating myself and refusing goodies.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Well myself right now :) And my evil motivation is to feel like saying " See what you could have had! " LOL Maybe that is an inside joke but I'm sure some of you get it! :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bathing suit...