3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introduce Yourself!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/54559-introduce-yourself.html)

grapecoffee 01-17-2006 11:39 AM

Screen Name:Grapecoffee

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: husband and 2 children ages (7) and (5)

Hobbies and Interests:knitting, sewing, reading, tv

Favorite Music: anything really, I am not a music-y person. Something I can dance to.

Favorite Color(s):yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like the Crunch Dance Party, and my treadmill. Pop in a movie and I will walk until it's over.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get back to my pre baby weight at least. I don't want to shop at Lane Bryant (even though I LOVE their style)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not one thing in particular, I just decided I don't want to be fat anymore. I have a few friends who are bigger than me who say I am not fat. How far into the obese side of the scale do you have to be to be fat? :lol:

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I want chocolate. That's it. I can handle anything else, but I want chocolate.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
Drink more water, eat more veggies and walk a little faster on the treadmill

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I want to look better than high school ME. I was 135 in high school, and if I can be better than that, I would love it.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to wear a slinky knit top and not have a big roll in it!

BetterDays 01-17-2006 02:19 PM

I'm HERE ! ! !

Screen Name: BetterDays

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: Commited relationship for 9 years and 2 bad cats

Occupation: IT Professional (computers stink, but it pays the bills)

Hobbies and Interests: rethinking this....long story

Favorite Music: after looking in my iPod, I believe I will have to answer I like allot of allot.

Favorite Color(s): Kentucky Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I'll get back to you on this one.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to hike the Grand Canyon and ride cross country on a bike

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My dad (75) died last August of a heart attack. His brother and father also died of cardiac failure, my uncle when he was 43 and my grandfather when we was 65.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Potatoes

Drink more water, eat more veggies and walk a little faster on the treadmill

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Anyone else who shows up for our 25th high school reunion

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sleeveless shirt

RandomChaos 01-17-2006 04:38 PM

Screen Name: Random Chaos; real name-Michelle

Age/Age Range:26

Family Life: married with a 3 year old and a 1 year old

Hobbies and Interests: playing online, playing games online with my husband, hanging out with friends

Favorite Music: 80's and all types of Rock

Favorite Color(s): Blue and purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: ellipitical and bowflex, pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? Feel and look healthier

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? looking at old pictures

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? emotional eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I enjoy exercising once I actually do it, it is the doing it that gets me

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : All the skinny little single girls my husband works with :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? sexy little shorts and tank tops-at home only ;)

grapecoffee 01-17-2006 10:21 PM

LOL betterdays you so stole my answer! Good Luck to you, maybe we can have a contest to see who can better meet the goals!

bella25 01-18-2006 01:41 PM

Screen Name: bella25; real name: Isabella

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: married with 2 boys - 7 & 4.

Hobbies and Interests: No time for hobbies (does working out count? LOL!). Interests include: interior design, sewing (ok...so this is a hobby, too, right?)

Favorite Music: new wave from the 80's (I'm showing my age now!) is my all time fave but I'm open to pretty much anything.

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Cardio - spinning & elliptical. I also like weight training.

What are your fitness/health goals? Be healthier and look better at 40 than I was at 30 (and pre-kids)!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? gaining 50lbs after the birth of my 2nd baby.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? eating/portion control

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? most definitely food choices and portion sizes.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Everyone else my age!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm *almost* at goal...another 10lbs to go...I can't wait to wear my low rise jeans without any love handles. I swear the last 10 lbs are 100% in my love handles!

bobbidipity 01-19-2006 05:39 PM

Screen Name: bobbidipity

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: married with a three-year-old

Occupation: part-time print production coordinator and graphic designer, part-time SAHM

Hobbies and Interests: the visual arts, home decorating

Favorite Music: rock, alternative, classical -- lots of stuff

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running on the beach or hiking in the woods, but 99% of the time that's a non-option

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 20 lbs. and maintain that weight for good, make exercise a permanent part of my life

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My parents' health problems, plus refusing to buy myself larger pants again

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? refraining from stress/comfort eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? pay attention to what I am eating, exercise regularly, stop using food as a stress reliever

(Evil motivation :devil: ) Who do you want to look better than? ;) : I just want to look like my "former self" and not like a washed-up mom

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? cute summer clothes (maybe even my old bikini but we'll see)

coco_chanell 01-21-2006 01:16 PM

Screen Name: coco_chanell

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: commited relationship for 1 year, no children (yet)

Hobbies and Interests: reading

Favorite Music: r & B

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging on my treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? to stay healthy and get a bikini body

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I realized I've been on a diet for most of my adult life and have never attained my goal. I'm tired of the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" excuse. This time I'm making choices not excuses once and for all.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? portion control

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? be more aware of portion sizes, exercise at least 6 times per week, and stay within my calorie allowance of 1200-1500 calories per day.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: The fat me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/165/194/.png

DoingItForMyBoys 01-21-2006 02:31 PM

Screen Name: DoingItForMyBoys

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married 6 years, two children ages 2 and 3

Hobbies and Interests: walking, scrapbooking, taking care of my houseplants, spending time with my hubby, my kids, and my dogs. :D

Favorite Music: i like a little bit of everything

Favorite Color(s): orange

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: tae bo crunch, sweatin' to the oldies 1 and 2, walking is my fave

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 89 more lbs, 111 in total

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? realizing how hard it is to play with my kids

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not getting discouraged by looking at how "far away" my goal is.

drinking enough water, getting cardio every day, staying on track on gloomy winter days

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? high school friends i haven't seen in years

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? i just want to put on regular clothes and feel comfortable, and not look frumpy

Paulina 01-22-2006 08:08 PM

A Morro Bay Hello

Screen Name: Paulina

Age/Age Range: 40 something, it's funny, but I have to count every time I'm asked this question!

Family Life: Married for 18 years. Divorced 3 years ago. Now I'm in a Serious relationship with a supportive man, we live together with my 11 year old daughter.

Hobbies and Interests: My love is Baja, Mexico. We spend every school holiday in Baja. I love to fish, explore, be outside and have fun with my family. I used to be involved with horses, I've had 3 horse-children in my life. Now I'm just loving them from afar. I love my animals, English Bulldog, Boxer-pit and African Grey parrot and a goose.

Favorite Music: A toughie for me. Jimmy Buffet is fun, so is Cuban influenced music. The stations in my truck are set to KPIG which is an alternative folk type station and to Radio Lazer, a Mexican music station.

Favorite Color(s): White

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I hate exercising. I used to be a Jazercise junkie in college. That was a loooong time ago. I also used to ride my horses. Now I walk.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to learn how to eat properly and maintain a healthy weight without gaining it all back AGAIN.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I hate the way my belly skirts over my lap when I sit down. I don't like the way I look in photos. I have only two "uniforms" that fit. A pair of grey sweat pants and my overalls. I call them my uniforms as that's all I can wear right now.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love to drink beer. A cold rum and diet Coke on Friday night after 12 hours of work used to taste so good. I'm not a big snacker, but the empty calories of beer tasted just fine.

1. Drinking more water and less diet soda
2. Eat when I'm hungry and not when I feel like it.
3. Get my butt moving!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : For me it's more like showing my family and friends that I can take control over my life and be fit. It's so I can hold my head up high and be proud of myself.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?

My blue jeans. Three years ago I had to roll them at the waist to keep them from falling down. Now they won't even pull up over my big butt.

cookiemonster27 01-25-2006 11:43 AM

New Calorie Counter here....

Introduce Yourself!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: cookiemonster27

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life:Married to Jerod for almost 8 years and mom to 4 kids, Miranda-10½, Adrianna-8½, Gabrielle-6½, and Jacob-5

Hobbies and Interests: Scrapbooking, reading culinary mysteries and Stephen King, drawing, writing poetry, spending time with my family

Favorite Music: Classic rock, oldies

Favorite Color(s): black, blue and yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I like Billy Blanks boot camp alot

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 60lbs, be in shape, and have healthier eating habits

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I finally hit a size in clothes I didn't want to be EVER!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Changing my eating habits

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? drink more water, exercise more, and choose healthier foods

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I don't think there is anyone I want to look better than. I would just like to have a the body of Sandra Bullock.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans that my fat belly doesn't roll over....LOL. Cute shirts

Heather

Kimberlylynne1405 01-26-2006 07:32 PM

About me

Screen Name: Kimberlylynne1405

Age/Age Range:38

Family Life: Married with children ages 4,5,18 and grandson almost a year

Hobbies and Interests: cooking

Favorite Music: all kinds from heavy metal to country

Favorite Color(s): every color in fall

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: step and kick boxing

What are your fitness/health goals? health goal is to loose 35 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm always trying to lose weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I struggle with emotional eating. I can eat for any reason, at all. My whole life has revolved eating and cooking.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise more. Right now it is hard because I hurt my back. But if I ever get better I am going to start working out again.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Wow, your mom's hot!

I have been on my Low fat, low calorie diet for 7 days. I was doing low fat vegetarian but I have decided that is just not for me. I felt bad on it. Then I decided I was going to do the special K challenge but with other cereals then I thought why don't I just keep it normal low calorie with low fat. That is what I am doing now. I have lost 10 pounds so far. I am going home to visit my family I haven't seen in a year and I am hopping to get down to 160 by then. I weigh 175 right now.
Guess that's all.
Kimberly

lovedaname 01-27-2006 11:07 AM

Hello!!!

Screen Name: Loveddaname (call me Angie)

Age/Age Range:26 (27 April 12 06)

Family Life: Single - 5 year old daughter - *2 sons:my black cats Anubis and Teal'C*

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing, Pogo.com,

Favorite Music: Alternative, Oldies, Rock

Favorite Color(s): Purple and Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Stair Climber (only thing I can commit to LOVE IT)

What are your fitness/health goals? Want to slim down from 233 to 150 - eat heathier, beable to keep up with an active 5 yr old - be comfortable with looking at myself in the mirror...

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Well combination of things - I tired of tring on jeans (my fav clothing) and having to "go up a size" in a size 20 at present. Not having the energy of doing stuff with my daughter. Want to dress like a women - current style Jeans, t-shirt, gym shoes & a hoodie to hide the lbs

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love food - mostly food that is "bad" for you.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Be careful of what I eat, motivate myself to get off the couch, stop the eating just to eat

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : ANNA NICOLE SMITH - SURE SHE DIDNT HAVE SURGERY!!!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have my little cousin wedding in Sept 06 and I want to wear a dress (dont were anything that shows off me... Here is a picture of the dress..

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../5f3996a_3.jpg

SweetTreat 01-29-2006 04:49 PM

New here!!

Hey all..I'm new here, so I figured the "Introduce yourself" section would be the first appropriate section to visit.

Screen Name: SweetTreat

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Single, no kids, but one bratty cat!

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Travel, Nature.

Favorite Music: Pop/Rock

Favorite Color(s): Blue, Pink, Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Crunches..beleive it or not lol

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthy, I am type 2 diabetic, and I need to get it in control.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My father died when I was 8 of a massive heartattack. I was sitting back one day and thought "wow..when he died he was 55lbs LIGHTER than me" it scared the crap out of me to think that.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sweet Tooth. Grrrr..I love my sweets..and carbs are my enemy.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Self control and a constant committment.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I want my "Britney Body". LOL I have an ex who always wanted me to work out because he thought I had "potential"...exactly why he's an ex LOL However when I get my "Britney Body", I'm gonna meet him for coffee to rub in his facec what he lost. Yes..it's evil..but you asked!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A BIKINI!!! On the BEACH! In public! LOL

Fat Melanie 01-30-2006 06:14 PM

Screen Name: Fat Melanie
Age/Age Range: 20

Family Life: Parents are divorced, currently live with mom and 16 year old brother. I've got a 17 year old sister as well.

Hobbies and Interests: Music, reading, weightloss and dieting (lol),

Favorite Music: Indie rock, alternative rock, grungerock, some metal, rap and r&B

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I prefer walking, step aerobics, and light dumbbell training. Only when I can be bothered to do it.

What are your fitness/health goals? I'm around 190-200lbs (not quite sure as I've not weighed my self in awhile) and I'm 5'7.5, so I'm trying to get down to 140, at least.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I was in a longterm relationship (where we lived together) and he started getting annoyed because I was afraid to get naked in the light. Even before that, though, I've been wanting to lose weight. I just didn't get motivated until that incident.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting motivated enough to exercise. I'm sooo extremely lazy and sometimes keep saying I'm going to do it but never do.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? being committed to it, keeping up with it, and staying focused.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My friends, some family members, other girls I know of, Tyra lol.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? This little dress that I have.

LadyFirelyght 01-31-2006 03:45 PM

Screen Name: LadyFirelyght

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: Living with my parents and a brother who is 16-months older than me. I have three sisters who currently live in the Seattle, WA area.

Hobbies and Interests: Singing, playing piano, digital artistry, web design/coding, writing, poetry, music, animals, nature, movies

Favorite Music: I love power metal, country, and classical, but I'm willing to give just about anything a try.

Favorite Color(s): Dark green and red (yay for christmas colors!)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Stair stepping, brisk walks, low weight lifting, dancing like nobody's watching

What are your fitness/health goals? To reduce my risk for disease and illness by getting to a healthy weight range. Cancer, diabetes, and heart problems run in the family and want to keep as far away from them as I can. I also want to get strong and shed all this fat in order to better do everything I love to do, especially hanging out with my two growing nephews.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Back in November of last year, something in me snapped. I don't know what, but I just suddenly realized that I needed a change. January 1st I decided that in one year I want to reach my goal weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising. I'm great with changing my diet, but it's SO hard to get up to exercising.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating more vegetables, exercising more and exercising harder

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My ex-best friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A BIKINI!!!!!!