2020 Sundove Log - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 05-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #16  

It’s dinnertime and I am still full from the burrito I picked apart and ate for lunch. Too much carb and too much beef for me. Steps are a little higher and water is on track. Accomplished a great deal of tidying up and stacking boxes.

Late dinner Navel orange, protein packet with frozen mixed vegs.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-20-2020 at 11:44 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:13 PM   #17  

I skipped weighing because I had 2 unplanned salty snacks yesterday. I may need to add a little more to my menu, as I get hungry by the end of the day, and tend to overshoot my actual need. I was so busy today that I didn't eat breakfast until lunchtime.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #18  

I ate 2 pieces of gefilte fish as an afternoon snack. Then an early dinner of marinated chicken. I committed petty larceny against my cat by eating the rest of the 1TBP mayonnaise packet that is designated for him. I need to cook the chicken just a tiny bit less so that it’s more moist and not needing a condiment. I loved that little bit of mayo almost as much as If it had been chocolate, lol. I’ll have a green salad later, and see how I feel. Eating today was lighter, so maybe a bedtime snack will happen.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:55 AM   #19  

Wt down .4 and my shape has decidedly changed. I'm down a size. I gained about 2 sizes this past year, on top of a gradual gain over the last 4 or so yrs. I am thrilled to be going in a downward direction, and without too much feeling of deprivation. I got it out of my system this last year, to eat with abandon right after retiring. Now I have the opportunity to indulge in taking good care of myself. It's easier when there aren't schedules to work around, and 2 meals to pack for work.

Today involves traveling to another county. Bathrooms may be a challenge. I have a solution, in case.

Early breakfast of eggs, broccoli, a sprinkle of grated cheese, coffee/lightener concoction.
Plan for lunch is probably takeout unless I can hold out to dinnertime. Lots of good options that support the restaurants.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-22-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #20  

I got hungry at 830 and ate a big chicken breast with 2 TBS of mayo, a second breakfast or early lunch. The day is young and I will burn it off. When I about to have a weight whoosh, I become quite hungry. Today, it might just be that I ate an earlier-than-usual breakfast.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:37 PM   #21  

Today I ate off plan, unplanned. It was enjoyable. I made some big decisions about where to move and how to prepare my home for sale. A place I looked at was in my old home town in Silicon Valley, where my mom lived until she died last year. The food was an emotional release valve. No regrets, back at it tomorrow. I managed to get 2.5 miles of walking, way more than usual.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #22  

I still feel the 3-day weekend, even though I'm retired almost a year. Today's plan includes lots of water, eating the lighter side of my plan. I'm not hungry after yesterday's indulgence, but I do want to get back to regular eating rather than compensatory restriction. I commit to staying away from the mayo packets. Exercise TBD, probably housecleaning and packing, but maybe a walk

coffee & lightener
ground turkey cheeseburger with fresh Roma tomato
Hannah sweet potato

After coffee this morning, I was not hungry until 130. This evening will be with 2 friends who bring finger foods, my nemesis. I have great difficulty moderating finger foods when I’m with friends. For now, most likely successful strategy will be to have none.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-23-2020 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #23  

Yesterday had mixed success. I cooked, and tasting the ground turkey marinara could be considered a light meal. I had a glass of Chardonnay at my friend’s socially distanced backyard meetup, with 3 of us talking into the night. We used to do this weekly. It did us all well to be actually present, not just the daily chatter via text. I hadn’t quite realized how starved I was for face to face interaction with friends.

Along with the wine, I had mozzarella sticks rolled in salami and a thing from Whole Foods, spinach-filled bread. A bit of watermelon. All in all I ate with moderation yesterday, but probably not for weight loss. Walked more than usual. Water intake was minimal.

Today will be packing, and will find a good movie to watch. Handyman visit to size up a small project. Hope he shows up.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-24-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #24  

Weight is up 1.6 lbs after a big indulgence 2 days ago and a little bit yesterday. My goal today is encourage a return to steady loss mode.

Eggs, broccoli, cheese, coffee with lightener

Salad, protein potato packet, mixed veg

Unplanned cole slaw. I had dropped my credit card at Whole Foods yesterday, and went to retrieve it, before scheduled appointment with a handyman. The anxiety over home prep, apartment leasing is leading me to feel needy for treats when I am food shopping. Serenity now!

another face to face social gathering with my neighbors on our lawn under a sprawling maple tree. One piece of homemade sourdough bread with butter.

Dinner will be a small serving of ground turkey marinara and broccoli

Water intake on track, exercise was light

Last edited by Sundove; 05-24-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:55 AM   #25  

Yesterday, I ate more than planned for dinner. I could have skipped it as I was not feeling very hungry, yet once I began eating, I wanted more. Blame the store-bought cole slaw, with its hidden sugar! Also a feeling of needing to eat up foods in the refrig in time for moving. Time to take a deep breath and relax.

Today
coffee, lightener
ground turkey marinara sauce/ broccoli; sprinkle of parm cheese
big green salad with lots of crunchy vegs, vinaigrette. Half of a Hannah sweet potato, some frozen blueberries to cool me off on this hot day.

I will try to stay out of the kitchen, but a protein packet is planned if I am hungry.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-25-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #26  

Back in losing mode, minus .2 and clothes, with noticeably flatter abdomen.

My eating pattern is changing. There are a lot of times when I am free of hunger and just not interested in food. This is highly unusual. I'll watch to see if it's stress-related due to all the things going on in my life now, or (hopefully) some healing from my mother's illness and death a little over a year ago. I ate my way through grief, and now there is some emotional distance. Also I retired almost a year ago, and I think the control over my meal times is helping a lot. Knowing I can eat whenever I want is such a major shift after 38 yrs. as a RN. Even when I am at a desired weight, I am interested in food much of the time. This is a nice change that I hope will endure.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:36 PM   #27  

Still not hungry. I’m thinking it’s related to juggling multiple contractors, appliance vendors, HOA, realtor, home-hunting, moving and trying not to stress my recently adopted 19-yr-old cat. I’ll need to be mindful of over-eating a lot, once things calm down.

Tuesday
coffee, lightener
small marinated chicken breast, loquat
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #28  

Weight is the same
Yesterday and today were busy. I made some progress, and kept myself reasonably calm. I ate a big dinner, nothing off plan. We are having a run of hot weather and I hope to get a weight whoosh, once it cools down.

Today
chicken breast, lo cal dressing, coffee with lightener
green salad, cheese, vinaigrette
protein packet, Hannah yam
low on water, low on steps

Last edited by Sundove; Yesterday at 09:07 PM.