Sundove's accountability corner

You're on Page 10 of 12
Go to
  • Sat
    Ate breakfast before remembering that I now weigh in.

B protein shake/coffee, dark turkey meat.
    L salad, turkey, evoo dressing
    S Quest bar
    D salad, HB egg, evoo dsg
    S white wine, baked kale balls w cheese, celery sticks

calories about 1500
  • Sun

-.4 lbs

I'm going to lunch with a friend. It will be a seafood restaurant with plenty of diet-friendly options.

B coffee, protein shake, tomato focaccia with Quest powder
    L hamburger, no bun, green salad with butter lettuce, peas, light dressing
    S Mandarin orange
    D grilled chicken breast

Plans changed, no seafood restaurant. My friend eats one meal a day--she is not a dieter. She had the hamburger with bacon, avocado & cheese. I might like to have most of my day free of thinking about the next meal.

Calories 1280 Net carbs ~ 35
  • Mon
    -.6 lbs
    B coffee, protein shake, tomato focaccia, sauerkraut
    L salad with chicken, evoo, Bragg's nutritional yeast
    S HB eggs, hot choc
    D Pasta with Tex Mex sauce, broccoli

Calories 1294 net carbs 36
  • Tues
    +.6
    B Tomato focaccia, protein shake, coffee
    L salad with chicken breast, evoo dressing
    S HB eggs, dill pickle,
    D fettuccine with tomato parmesan sauce, sauteed broccoli
    S shake, sauteed cabbage

Calories 1275, net carbs 45
  • Wed
    -.2 still up a bit from lowest.

B Tomato focaccia, protein shake/coffee
    S store-bought sausage/peppers
    L broccoli/cheddar soup, salad with chicken
    D salad with chicken (restaurant)
    S chicken

I ate over calories, though stayed low carb. It was a long exhausting day with my Mom. I usually eat a lot of prepared carbs on these days, so all in all I did well. Time to buckle down a little more so that I can see some tangible progress.
  • Thurs
    B shake/coffee, Tomato focaccia
    L chicken noodle soup with vegs, chicken
    S chicken
    D
    S
  • Sat

- .6 lbs

B Shake/coffee, tomato focaccia
    S Salad/HB egg/Bragg's sesame ginger dressing
    L Chicken breast, braised cabbage & carrots, tamari, sesame oil
    S Costco samples-fun! I discarded the bread portion of the samples. 2 hamburgers, 2 chicken empanadas with guacamole, 1 salami and cheese bite.
    D Chicken
    S Hot Chocolate
  • Sun
    I posted my breakfast but it's gone. Hopefully it doesn't tun up in an email or on Facebook

What I posted was that my stomach feels significantly flattened, even though my wt loss isn't huge. Now thatI'm dressed, I notice my pants are looser. These are two big motivators that make me feel physically so much more comfortable.

B Shake & coffee, eggs with vegs and cheese from the hot bar at the store---nice treat
    L Big green salad with julienne raw carrots, beets, slivered sweet red onion, chicken breast, dressing of coco aminos & evoo. I don't know why but I really love julienned vegs on my salad. They have just the right crunch and are easily digestible.
    S Hot chocolate, coffee
    D Broccoli cheese soup

Calories ~1300

This is about the time when I feel the effects of increasing daylight in at my latitude. I already feel a surge of optimism and energy. I skipped my SAD light this year to see what it felt like to 'go with the flow'. Some interesting insights were reached.
  • Sundove Congrats on the loose pants! So glad to hear that you have a surge of optimism and energy. Keep going! You're doing great!
  • Thanks, Magistra.

Today went better than yesterday, which went well until evening. I started with a small evening snack and it grew into a meal. The scale reflected it with a 1 lb gain.

Tues
    B shake/coffee
    L salad with vegs, chicken, evoo dressing
    D protein pasta with ground turkey, broccoli
    S hot chocolate, egg, pickles

Cal 1163 Net Carbs 35
  • Wed

Weight coming back down, still .2 over recent lowest

B coffee, protein shake, tomato focaccia
    L broccoli, ground turkey
    S hot bar omelet with chili pepper, cheese, ~225cal
    D salad with vegs, chicken, evoo
    S Hot choc, egg white omelet & broccoli omelet

Calories ~1358 a little higher than planned. Note to self--eating breakfast makes me hungry all day.
  • Thurs
    B protein shake, coffee

This day went a little haywire. I dropped my vigilance and fell into a leftover bagel at work. After that, I felt obsessed with food and ate a lot more low carb things than I would normally have done. I thought about self-correcting after the bagel and then made a conscious choice to relax my self-discipline for the evening.
  • Friday
    Today has gone better but the night is young.
    B shake/coffee
    L salad, vegs, chicken, evoo & Bragg's coco aminos dressing
    S pickle, HB eggs, hot choc
    D protein fettuccine with ginger sesame sauce, broccoli

Calories 1200
  • Sat
    weight back down -.4 below lowest
    This is a good pace of loss, not so drastic, but I am impatient to get my shape back.
    Today's challenge will be going out to dinner.

B protein shake, coffee
    S tomato focaccia
    L salad, vegs, chicken, evoo/Bragg's coco aminos dressing
    S egg white omelet with broccoli
    D (at restaurant) steak, spinach with light sauce, lettuce salad/croutons/vinaigrette, glass of white wine.

I ate well today and did not feel deprived. I'm glad we ate at a restaurant with reasonable portions and no bread on the table. I asked them to omit the starchy vegs and cream sauce. I don't feel stuffed, just very satisfied.
  • Sun
    -1.4lbs
    Happy with this whoosh, especially after an enjoyable dinner out. Pat on the back to me for not eating after dinner.

B protein shake/coffee