Old 06-21-2015, 03:44 AM   #1  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Default Lets See if I can do this!

Nothing beats a blank but a try. I am starting all over again and I have to say I am excited. Two years ago I counted calories and lost over 25lbs although that may not seem like much to some it made a world of difference to me I hadn't been in the 200s since I lost over 60lbs doing Atkins over 10years ago. I decided to try calorie counting and was hooked I like the fact that u can eat and although it takes some restraint is totally doable. Had a baby in April my highest weight during pregnancy was 324 I didn't gain much weight during my pregnancy but was very uncomfortable and had gestational diabetes. 2 weeks after delivery I was down to 302 but I was breastfeeding as well. breastfed for about 6 weeks now baby is almost 3months and my weight has crept up 4lbs Time to do something else although I love breastfeeding sadly its just not feasible with 4 kids and a demanding job as a nurse.
So here I am ready to give this calorie counting thing another try this time stay more committed to it. Started Wednesday 6-17-15 my goal is 1900 calories a day , weigh in on Wednesdays. So far I have been over everyday lol not funny but I am pig. lol I just need to make better choices so that I can eat more bc that is what I like to do. today was doing good and actually was just under my goal and actually fell asleep then woke up with a craving for:cookies and milk smh ate 6 and a eight ounce glass of milk which was about 400 calories ! at night none the less but anyway I know I can do this and o am excited to do it got my low calorie snacks on hand and I am ready for:this journey. the thought of being in the 200s again excites me and the thought of being in sexy jeans this winter is enough motivation for me to jump right in ....I love clothes and fashion! well if u have read this post so far thanks I will log on here and document my daily trials feel free to chime in😘
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:25 PM   #2  

Good luck!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:27 AM   #3  
heavenleighstar

Thanks
Very stressful and busy day yesterday well under my calories ended at 1536 just didn't have time yo do a lot of eating. Glad and I was under bc I been over a few times so o guess it all evens out. Yesterday I was working and overheard a patient make a comment about me being a big girl or something of that nature all I was thinking in my head was its ok I'm working on it. it's funny how I didn't hear these comments until I start losing weight I'm not bothered about it. it's just an observation of mine.
I was at a court yesterday as well and the prosecutor was so thin and when she got up to hand the judge some papers I was thinking jeez that is so unattractive to me she was too thin I know our society looks at really skinny people and think that is the way to go but being skinny is definitely not my goal although my username is skinnyki to me that is what is skinny to me and not the societies definition of skinny. Anyways I immediately felt guilty bc I don't know what struggles the prosecutor may have and I was judging hee like other judge me in the end the definition of beauty is a personal one.
on another note-might weigh myself today although weigh isn't until Wednesday I still want a sneak peak.....will post it if I do
Old 06-24-2015, 10:54 PM   #4  
heavenleighstar

this is therapeutic so I'm going to continue
didn't weigh today so busy at work and being under yesterday made me hungry as can be today went over 2196 is my count not going to be myself up just do better tomorrow.
wonder if I lost or gained will be weighing myself in the morning. good night
Old 06-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #5  
heavenleighstar

down 2lbs for the week!!! calculated averaging 1895 daily which is right where I need to be proud if myself and I don't feel deprived!!!😍😍
Old 06-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #6  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'5"

Hey Skinny! Congrats on the poundage!

What are you eating? I'm having trouble eating enough. I don't think it matters at this point, but later on, when I need to reduce calories, it's gonna hurt!!

Four kids and a nurse? Good Grief! You're a glutton for punishment!
justfortoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #7  

Awesome progress!

Its so refreshing to see women on this forum who DON'T just eat 1200 calories a day and expect miracles. You need to eat and GRADUALLY reduce calories... I don't understand people sometimes.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:47 AM   #8  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats on your loss Skinnyki!

I really like simple calorie counting too. Nothing is off limits. I think it's just a case of prioritizing good nutrition. Then if calories allow, room for a little occasional treat.

I shoot about 1400-1500/day but do tend to average it out over a week.

A thought for snacks...once you've got your good snacks on hand, plan what you can have and how much. I'm a big time snacker/grazer. If I suddenly find myself wanting a snack, knowing there are veggies chopped and ready w/ some low cal dip or half a serving of pretzels waiting on a plate helps. If I randomly decide I want something and just start searching around with no plan, I'll eat more than I should of something I'd like to limit.

Tonite I wanted something cold and sweet. There's ice cream in the freezer. But I also have plain greek yogurt and frozen berries. I opted for a big bowl of yog and berries rather than the ice cream. Healthier....and I got a bigger portion.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #9  
heavenleighstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfortoday View Post
Hey Skinny! Congrats on the poundage!

What are you eating? I'm having trouble eating enough. I don't think it matters at this point, but later on, when I need to reduce calories, it's gonna hurt!!

Four kids and a nurse? Good Grief! You're a glutton for punishment!
Thanks for the replys everyone Four kids and a nurse u r right I am a glutton for punishment smh but I am doing it it can be trying at times but only the strong survive right?
as far as what I am eating my diet has been awful I will admit I have been eating way worst than when I counted calories the first time that is why I have no problem getting my calories in and is probably why I tend to go over. I actually upped my calories a bit to what my calorie app suggests I should be eating for my size. Research states that u can mess up it metabolism if u try and cut calories too low and should gradually decrease calories as you lose so I am at 2000 calories which is hard to do bc I am scared it won't work and I will gain. weigh in on Wednesday so we will see.
Just for today how many calories do u eat a day how long have u been counting calories?

Last edited by skinnyki; 06-29-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:26 AM   #10  
heavenleighstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
Awesome progress!

Its so refreshing to see women on this forum who DON'T just eat 1200 calories a day and expect miracles. You need to eat and GRADUALLY reduce calories... I don't understand people sometimes.
Thanks JossFit It is very tempting to start at 1200 calories and starve yourself bc we think that's the only way to get smaller is to starve oneself I mean we on a diet so it has to be deprivation right well I am just starting so I'm not an expert but all the research says to start high calories then reduce according to your weight I mean it makes sense to me the more u weigh the more energy you expend. all I can say I hope it works bc it is totally doable for me and I must get this weight off.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:52 AM   #11  
Tubbed Up!

S/C/G: 320

Height: 6'

Good luck.
PEAKABOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/243/180

Congrats on the loss Skinnyki! Calorie counting is the only thing I could do and not feel deprived and on a diet. I make healthier choices, but I feel like I am more relaxed during my weight loss. I started around 1900 calories in April and have reduced down to 1600 calories recently. I think you are on the right track!
Aggy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #13  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggy91 View Post
Congrats on the loss Skinnyki! Calorie counting is the only thing I could do and not feel deprived and on a diet. I make healthier choices, but I feel like I am more relaxed during my weight loss. I started around 1900 calories in April and have reduced down to 1600 calories recently. I think you are on the right track!
Yep. That whole "not feeling deprived" thing is really big for me.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #14  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi again Skinny!

How many calories? I'm afraid to answer because someone's gonna yell at me... I usually hit about 1000, but it could be more.

Here's why - I'm on summer vacation, so I sleep in most days. Today, for example, I got up at 1:00 p.m. (don't judge) . I ate a bowl of cereal and some tea. I'll have dinner later - a pork chop and a blend of veggies fried in olive oil. It's a HUGE plate of food. Then I'll "go to bed at 11:00" so my husband doesn't complain that he sleeps alone. There I watch TV until 3 or 4 and go to sleep. If I get hungry at night, I make a plate of strawberries - yum! Once I go back to school, I'll be up way more hours and I'll add a wrap and Greek Yogurt - that's approximately 350 more calories which is what Livestrong says I should be eating for calories.

What exactly does your menu look like?

edited to add: I've been counting calories for 4 weeks. 18 down so far.

Last edited by justfortoday; 06-29-2015 at 02:36 PM.
justfortoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:10 AM   #15  
heavenleighstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfortoday View Post
Hi again Skinny!

How many calories? I'm afraid to answer because someone's gonna yell at me... I usually hit about 1000, but it could be more.

Here's why - I'm on summer vacation, so I sleep in most days. Today, for example, I got up at 1:00 p.m. (don't judge) . I ate a bowl of cereal and some tea. I'll have dinner later - a pork chop and a blend of veggies fried in olive oil. It's a HUGE plate of food. Then I'll "go to bed at 11:00" so my husband doesn't complain that he sleeps alone. There I watch TV until 3 or 4 and go to sleep. If I get hungry at night, I make a plate of strawberries - yum! Once I go back to school, I'll be up way more hours and I'll add a wrap and Greek Yogurt - that's approximately 350 more calories which is what Livestrong says I should be eating for calories.

What exactly does your menu look like?

edited to add: I've been counting calories for 4 weeks. 18 down so far.
My menu varies I eat normal food to be honest I need to add more healthier choices. adding more fruits and veggies but now I am just eating regular meals that I cook for my family I do however eat 3 meals a day and a couple of snacks. my immediate goal is trying to stay under calories and moving a little more.