Old 09-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

I'll bet it was the lack of water. I only had half my usual amount yesterday, and I gained .8 overnight. You better believe I'm drinking it today, lol.
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:41 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Wink My Cal Log for the Week: Astronaut Style Meals 2

Mon
-Cheerios breakfast w/ nf milk and 1/2 banana 250 C

Lunch-slim fast milk shake 190 C

Sn- Dark Choc w/ almond Protein bar= 200 C

Dinner= green salad w/ snap peas, 1 boiled egg sliced, and some steamed mini shrimp. Light honey mustard dressing. 400 C

sn=popcorn 2 sm cups= 200 Cals

This routine x 5 , Daily as my job doesn't allow me to eat normally so i don't?
But @ least that's 1 thing during day i do have Some Control over and I lost 10 Lbs in last month too.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #123  
Lacto-ovo vegetarian

S/C/G: 315.8/254/199

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone, I'm going to do an update for yesterday & the day before, and then if you're sensitive to harassment stuff, don't read below "possible trigger warning" thank you. I am also putting away my scales (both of them, no cheating!) until Friday October 2nd , which is my next official weigh in day per my Christmas weight loss challenge (in signature).

Thank you so much LesGetFit for the post, I think it was water retention but now it is a little fat rentention too lol, because yesterday I binged really bad. Not my proudest moment, but I have to be honest yes I binged and it was really horrible, but I am ok, I am back, and continuing to work on my number 1 goal which is to be healthier than I was before I started, to be healthy period.

1Bluerose68 , I am not sure if this was the thread you intended to post your reply on, but thank you just the same, for the good information & congratulations on your 10 lb. weight loss!

My log for September 24th,

Weigh in - 214

Calories for the day - 1,803

Exercise - None

My log for September 25th,

Weigh in - 214.6

Calories for the day - 6,361

Exercise - None

If you are easily triggered, please don't read below because I just wanted to vent about an experience that happened today.

Possible Trigger warning -

So yesterday I binged super bad, I also received in the mail my new pair of Skechers GOwalk Rival Women's Walking Shoes the same day and resolved myself to going for a walk the next day (today), especially after that binge. So I ate a pear today (I woke up late) had some water & put on my new shoes, and I was off. I walked for around 15-20 minutes (perhaps closer to 15 ), came back home one of the times to refill my water bottle, and went back out to walk more. While I was out walking a guy in a old beat up car seemed to be following alongside of me, he finally parked in the direction I planned to go in, and I crossed the street paranoid that maybe he was trying to hit on me, I don't know it just weirded me out. Then another vehicle (a black pick up truck) slowed down alongside of me, and was honking his horn at me (I was the only person around, and walking on the sidewalk, not crossing the street or anything) and that was definite harassment imo.

I rushed back home, and just felt so uncomfortable, yes I want to be considered "attractive" but I don't want to fear for my life, as in getting dragged off by a stranger, and even when I was a lot heavier I worried in my mind about that sort of thing. As a smaller plus-size person than I was, it really freaks me out. I talked to my mom about it, and she said in so many words "get used to it, that is how men are" and the thing is, I'm nearly 33, lived a pretty sheltered life, and have been morbidly obese for over half of my life, so no, I am not used to it. Also there is a difference between a man on foot in a public setting saying "hi, how are you" and a guy in a vehicle slowing down alongside of you making you scan your brain for possible defensive moves you can make and escape routes. I know this post is potentially viewed by people who aren't members but I will say I am a trauma survivor and I think it makes me more sensitive to things than someone who isn't because I've been in bad situations. I would hate for this kind of thing to discourage me or anyone else from pursuing a healthier lifestyle, and that was another thing that bothered me about the incident.

I know there are women who actually gain weight to deal w/anxiety, ward off unwanted sexual attention, or to give themselves a weight advantage in abusive situations and if you're going through this, please keep going no matter what, it is your health that matters, you matter, don't let anyone discourage you, not even yourself from being happy & healthy. Thank you for reading, have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 09-26-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:41 PM   #124  
Lacto-ovo vegetarian

My log for September 26th

Weigh in - no weigh in until September 30th. Then only every Friday after.

Calories for the day - 1,858

Exercise - yes, first outdoor walk in a while, breaking in my new Skechers, about 25-30 minutes a few knee lifts added.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 09-27-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:37 PM   #125  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Cammy, my up on the scale is either lack of water, too much and not enough sleep. Sleep is a huge issue for me. Oh Cammy that would have scared me also. Can you take another walking route maybe, idk. I think I'm just paranoid when it comes to things like that. Glad you're safe and no harm done I'm hoping for a great loss on Friday for ya' ... not binging the rest of the week. We'll both have great weigh-ins on Friday

1BlueRose, great loss for the month
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:08 PM   #126  

It would have scared me, as well! Maybe I have been just as sheltered as you because of my weight, but I would never expect that. I mean, men have to know they can and will scare a woman alone when they do that.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:44 AM   #127  
Lacto-ovo vegetarian

My log for September 27th,

Weigh in - 217

Calories for the day - 1,730

Exercise - None

My log for September 28th,

Weigh in - 214.6

Calories for the day - 1,858

Exercise - none

My log for September 29th,

Weigh in - 214.6

Calories for the day - 2,005

Exercise - None

My log for September 30th,

Weigh in - 213.2

Calories for the day - 2,228

Exercise - None
Old 10-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #128  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/196.6/142

Height: 5'4"

Red face

CandidCamster sorry to hear about those guys following You. That can be so scary. Can You go to a mall and walk? Or maybe find a buddy to walk wtih so You aren't alone? It's so frustrating when You have to deal with guys bugging You. I have been having binge problems too. Just don't give up.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #129  
Lacto-ovo vegetarian

Hi everyone, I apologize for the delay, I've been behind on updating so I went ahead and got that out of the way, and saved my replies & non-scale victory info for this message .
Brace yourselves, long message filled with a few redundancies ahead <3<3 haha.

VickieLou I'm going to say something that might not be popular, but if you binge, it is ok, just pick yourself back up. I think people from all walks of life, especially in a country where food is so prominent & celebrated, are prone to the occasional binge. The thing with us weight-losers if you will lol, is that our binges can knock our confidence, and in turn that can knock us off track...ONLY if we let it, don't let it. Food tastes good, sometimes we overdo it, but just think in terms of your health & if this food will propel you forward or backward. Think about which thing you'd like more, the favorite food of the moment "fill in the blank" or to be a size down, or a pound or 2 down, you get the picture. My view on binging is like telling someone "Don't trip!" err, I'm 32 almost 33, if God blesses me with a significantly longer stay on this planet, I will trip sometimes, it is ok, just don't stay on the ground! lol No matter what, keep going!
BTW adding, I love the idea of walking in a mall, I do that, except it is to shop lol, but I know there are fitness walking groups that frequent malls, I'll have to look into it.

Love2b150 after talking to my mom & some girlfriends it appears that SOME men think that this is an acceptable way to approach or compliment women, it isn't. Unfortunately I can't think of a different walking route, in my neighborhood where I can avoid drivers like that. I am mostly into the indoor walk at home exercise anyway so I'll just make that my main form I guess. About the paranoia thing, yeah me too, especially hearing horror stories on the news of women being abducted or assaulted, and I don't carry weapons other than my lightweight cell phone & a frozen bottle of water (which don't think I didn't consider hitting someone with it if I was approached threateningly lol ). I am ok, it just shook me at the time, but I am also not eager to go for outdoor walks after that. BTW about your weight, you're right lack of sleep usually equals bad weigh ins for me too, it also makes us seek food (usually processed carbs) for a quick source of energy and I am trying to get more water. Supposedly we should drink about half of our body weight in ounces of water, today I came in at 212.6 so I guess that means about 106 ounces of water a day? If it works for you, 64 ounces should be fine from what I understand, but for people that need a boost, you can try increasing your water intake, it does help with my hunger. I just worry w/people being told to guzzle water constantly some people take it literally and that can be dangerous too (water-intoxication & flushing out essential nutrients, etc.) so be careful everyone, experiment and see what works for you, and when in doubt ask a professional.

LesGetFit I totally agree w/you. I think for me having been sheltered by my family & loved ones, and even by myself & my obesity it is like a new world to have to deal with. I noticed that as a 300+ lb. woman when I began dressing better (going from shapeless/no frills Walmart Faded Glory/Just My Size to Torrid *ooh la la* lol) then men began noticing me more, however it was glances here and there and mostly safe flirting, nothing too much. Then as my weight dropped, somewhere in the early 270's I would say, I began to get more looks and attention, surprising yet flattering and no big deal. However on the smaller end of the obesity BMI it is like a different world from where I started, and I've read this is common, just no one mentioned the part about creepy guys in cars when you're trying to get in shape. I would love to read a post from someone who has been overweight most of their life as I have, and their version of things as they became smaller, because it can be like a blind person seeing for the first time vs. someone who temporarily lost their sight and regained it.

Thank you ladies so much for your supportive messages, I don't really have anyone else in my personal life who is on the same path as me, so without the i-net I would be alone on this weight loss/healthier lifestyle journey, thank you so much!

Today (October 1st) I came in at 212.6 lbs., I am super happy about that, it is .2 higher than my lowest, but hey who's counting? lol I am 89 lbs. down from the weight I began WORKING at being healthier here's the backstory to make sense of it-

January/2014 I came in at 315.8 lbs., however I then discovered roasted seaweed snacks (which you can buy anywhere just about that has Asian food, I get mine from Trader Joe's for 99 cents a bag, and HEB for 98 cents a bag) anyhow, when I began eating these I shockingly lost 14.2 lbs. in a matter of weeks. I wasn't consciously cutting back on food at all, not on a weight loss journey, nothing. It is my belief that because of the iodine in the seaweed, that it kick started my thyroid or something because those pounds melted away, at least at first and then they leveled out lol. So no, seaweed isn't a weight loss drug, but if you suspect a sluggish thyroid I definitely recommend it. From there I was 301.6 lbs. by mid-February/2014 and a guy friend and I decided to lose weight/get healthy together and the rest is history, that was February 13th (approximately ) of 2014, so on October 13th it will mark 20 months on this journey, and I seriously couldn't be happier or more thankful for this. I am now 89 lbs. down, and hoping that by then I am more like 91-92 lbs. down (which would be a weigh in of 210.6-209.6), we'll see!

Non-scale victory -
The other day (I think on September 29th) I for the first time ever grabbed a piece of clothing from Victoria's Secret, went into the dressing room, and tried it on! It was a shirt in a size Large (which is their 12-14 but they go up to X-Large which is about a 16), I believe from their Pink collection as it has the little dog on the front. Anyhow, it wasn't my style, it fit more roomy on my body than I'd have liked, I would go a size or 2 down, which I am obviously not a medium or small however based on how these are made to fit, for a closer fit I could probably do that. The note-worthy part is that I've been so fascinated and intimidated by Victoria's Secret since I was a tween, looking at my cousin's catalog with the beautiful Frederique, Helena, Tyra, Adriana, Daniela (did I mention I was also obsessed w/supermodels too lol) and always wishing, dreaming and even planning of one day fitting into their clothes, now I can *WOOHOO* lol.

I uploaded a handful of pictures, the first 3 are from the Victoria's Secret dressing room, me wearing the shirt in the first 2, and the 3rd is me wearing this super cute hoodie I bought from Kohl's for only $6 (before coupons *WOOT* from their Juniors So brand in X-Large) and the 4th picture is me at Graceland in Memphis,TN in 2012 weighing in the early 300's (if I posted this exact pic before forgive me, I have tons but they are too big, so I went with this one since it was resized by Facebook for me) and lastly a little bit of wisdom I saw for those of us on this journey. <3 Many blessings, keep going, follow your dreams.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSpic1.jpg (22.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg VSpic2.jpg (23.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg vsdressingroomsohoodie.jpg (22.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3771.jpg (35.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3767.jpg (25.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Candidcamster; 10-01-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

You look WONDERFUL!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #131  

Wow, wow, wow!!! I've been quietly following along on your journey, silently cheering you on. I haven't been very active on the boards lately but when I do log in I always check on you. I had to post when I saw these pictures. You should be so proud of yourself. You have always been beautiful but it's like watching you blossom from your former body into a new, stronger, healthier you. People talk about being a skinny woman trapped in a larger body but I feel like watching your journey brings those words to life. Thanking you for sharing!
Chubabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:55 AM   #132  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Cammy look at you. You love great. It's funny how we think one size as we lose weight but exciting to go out of that fitting room for a smaller size. GO YOU Keep up the great work! I too have always wanted to wear something from VC. My daughter works there. I love the outfits that she wears even though she is a lot smaller than me. She tells me Mom go ahead try it on, you'll look great in it. I keep saying one day, I'll buy myself a Pink outfit
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #133  
Lacto-ovo vegetarian

Aww thank you so much IdealProteinNewbie! BTW congratulations on the awesome weight loss, whoa!!

Chubabub - Congratulations on your 60 lbs. weight loss, that is wonderful!! Your message really made my night, thank you so much! It is so touching everytime someone says they are following my journey, because I follow so many other people's journeys and it is just super flattering to be on the other side of it. Your message really touched me, thank you so much!

Love2b150 thank you so much chica! When I read about your daughter working at Victoria's I freaked because I immediately thought "employee discount" lol, it is a beautiful store and has always been one of my favorites. I have a story I want to tell below but before I do, I am much bigger than you, if I can walk in there and try on clothes, and actually fit them, you certainly can, life is too short to let shyness or self-consciousness hold you back. You're beautiful inside and out, have fun with fashion, that's what it's for! lol

I see women of all walks of life wearing the Pink clothes, but not too many plus-size women like myself. Well there is a Vlogger I follow on Youtube who some months ago posted her weight and it was significantly larger than me, which shocked me due to her shapeliness I assumed she weighed much less than me but anyhow, she then posted a picture of her wearing a VS Pink outfit, and she looked awesome. Deep down at that moment I realized I could probably fit their clothes, but I just didn't feel confident enough to pull it off. Now I do, lol if I could only find something that is my style and doesn't cost too much (VS is expensive imo, and especially as someone on a journey, I try to watch expensive clothing purchases knowing I won't get a lot of wear out of them).

Just play dressup w/the clothes, I have no doubt you'll fall in love!

My log for October 1st,

Weigh in - 212.6

Calories for the day - 1,791

Exercise - None
Old 10-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #134  

Seriously, you look amazing! I would kill to have your shape, lol. I am so inspired by how far you've come!!!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #135  
Lacto-ovo vegetarian

Aww thank you so much Lesgetfit! As of yesterday (10/4) I'm 60.8 lbs to goal, funny thing I noticed not sure if it's my imagination but I feel my boobs are shrinking faster than they were before? That freaks me out a little since I still have a lot of belly *sends message to my body* "Take the belly fat!" Lol

My log for October 2nd,

Weigh in - 211.8

Calories for the day - 1,659

Exercise - None

My log for October 3rd,

Weigh in - 212

Calories for the day - 1,754

Exercise - None

My log for October 4th,

Weigh in - 210.8

Calories for the day - 1,744

Exercise - None

Last edited by Candidcamster; 10-05-2015 at 09:06 PM.