Old 03-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone, I'm still here and still going strong, literally taking comfort in my personal strength and determination because to be honest the scale is being an a**hole (I could have said jerk but it wouldn't have done it justice lol ). I came in today nude at 260.4, yesterday 259.8, the day before 260, but I'm eating better than before so it sucks that the weight isn't just pouring off. That's been my experience in many cases, but then again times when it would just pour off, I wouldn't appreciate it fully, and overindulge and fall off the wagon. Right now I am truly in this not only to lose this weight but to be healthier physically, mentally and emotionally because overeating kills slowly, it is such a drain on me emotionally I can't even articulate it right now.

I'm in a facebook weight loss group and someone asked the question what changes are we noticing since beginning our weight loss journey, I didn't put it like this but I'll tell you guys "I don't wake up hating myself .", because that is how I felt on the regular when I treated my body like garbage disposal. Can anyone else relate? <3
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:38 AM   #407  

Hi Candidcamster I can surely relate to that feeling in the morning. I'd describe, for me, as a vague sense of dread when I wake up after a day of throwing caution to the wind, foodwise. Will my clothes fit? Will something bad happen with my health? etc. And disappointment in myself. I'm not sure I could describe it as self hatred. I read on 3FC a few yrs back that the best strategy for handling off plan eating is to aim to keep the inner dialog as neutral as realistically possible. I practice that and it has been a huge help. Attacking ourselves adds to the negative feelings that we already have, and it can provoke more bingeing. I don't lie to myself, just take it out of the self-judgement & into the self cheerleader, angel-on-my-shoulder mode. It has helped me move on more quickly after binges.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 05:36 PM   #408  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Hi Candidcamster I can surely relate to that feeling in the morning. I'd describe, for me, as a vague sense of dread when I wake up after a day of throwing caution to the wind, foodwise. Will my clothes fit? Will something bad happen with my health? etc. And disappointment in myself. I'm not sure I could describe it as self hatred. I read on 3FC a few yrs back that the best strategy for handling off plan eating is to aim to keep the inner dialog as neutral as realistically possible. I practice that and it has been a huge help. Attacking ourselves adds to the negative feelings that we already have, and it can provoke more bingeing. I don't lie to myself, just take it out of the self-judgement & into the self cheerleader, angel-on-my-shoulder mode. It has helped me move on more quickly after binges.
Hi Sundove, thank you for sharing and I think positive thinking is SUPER important, I do have have a problem with negative self-talk.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #409  

I do too Candidcamster. It does seem to get easier with practice. It's funny how this idea about positive self talk has been around for decades. It seems lately the cognitive & neurology scientists are confirming that this is how the brain works. I also read that negative self talk is our natural default mode. It helped us to stay alert for danger, and thus survive. See, we can even regard negative self talk as a positive
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Hey girl hey. Just wanted to stop by and say hi and see how you're doing? Keep it up chica.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #411  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

CandidCamster on almost being out of the 260's! Keep Up the Great Job!

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #412  

Thank you ladies for the encouragement you bring to this thread! <3 I'm so behind, this is why-
I've been going through some stress w/my personal life (love life specifically) combine that with MY PMS (I emphasize this, because I have a ton of posts outlining that is the absolute hardest time for me to eat responsibly even when I was on my initial 3fc weight loss journey kicking butt and taking names lol) well I ate my way up to 270 lbs.!!!! But wait, thanks to me getting back on track over the past few days, my TOM arriving on the 12th (which provided me a much needed WHOOSH aka loss of water weight) and lastly my friend and I going Pokemon (Go) hunting last night for over 2 hours , I'm now back to 257.8 lbs. nude so I'm a very happy camper!

We are supposed to go again tonight (there's some sort of event going on, I personally am there for moral support, conversation and to sneak in some much needed exercise lol). Other than my feet hurting due to me choosing to wear my cheap Target flip flops (hindsight is 20/20) I feel great.

My new OFFICIAL weigh in day is on Saturday, I wrote in my notebook every Saturday leading up to July 1st to log my progress. I am hoping to be down to 240 by then, fingers crossed, let's do this!!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 04-17-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #413  

I've remained on track since my last post, I got some more Pokemon Go walking in (about 2 hours yikes! lol) last night, avoiding the scale until Saturday because I want my cumulative results, NOT the instant gratification that I've come to know and not appreciate ( quickly followed by binging/falling off track in celebration of overnight success, not this time!!).
Old 04-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #414  

As painful as this will be for me...I have to give up noodles for awhile because my body doesn't seem to like them. Every time I go on a noodle kick (ramen, fettuccine, etc.) my body starts to gain, it doesn't help that I am a big believer in sodium-laden sauces for my noodles. I had this problem almost 3 years and it's rearing it's ugly head again. So no more noodles for this girl for a while. I caved yesterday and today and hopped on the scale, yesterday I was wearing clothes, had weighed myself after food & drink and came in at 260.6 lbs. *wompwompwomp*, but taking the other factors into consideration probably not that bad, huh? Well this morning I couldn't wait to weigh myself again after having fettuccine w/mushrooms from Trader Joe's topped with hot sauce & nutritional yeast (I'm weird I know, but it's quite good to me) and in much lighter clothing after tinkling I came in at the same weight of 260.6 lbs. . *sighs* I am not going to kick myself too hard for cheating on the weigh in schedule simply because I probably would have been disappointed tomorrow as well. I've been on track, and more importantly I will REMAIN on track, I have been at this too long to not know what needs to be done to get the scale to move down, and OVEREATING ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING GOOD *yelling on a bullhorn for emphasis to myself and my fellow binge/overeaters that get discouraged easily, WE'VE GOT THIS!! <3* Keep going, I'll weigh in again on Monday or Tuesday and I am sure it will be better by then , lots of love & willpower dust to us all!
Old 04-29-2017, 08:15 PM   #415  

Just got in from exercising, binge free, but overate this morning (counted it), will update with a weigh in on Monday (or Tuesday lol).

Last edited by Candidcamster; 04-29-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:59 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Hey, i get it. I have been slipping on my diet and I think this the reason why Im sick right now. Sucks because I've been forcing myself to stay in bed all day which means no activity. Bc I have to walk my dog, I've gotten in 3600 steps. I am usually between 15-17K steps so this is sorta killing me. Tomorrow is the last day of the month and I want to weigh myself as I'm in a monthly weigh in group but I know tomorrow is gonna suck because I've been on carbs and liquids all day long. I hate that the collective "we" (on this site) give so much power to the number on the scale. We know its not the end all yet its still in our heads.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:47 AM   #417  

Very good job.. Just keep going
jennykorpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #418  

Hi everyone, I've fallen off the wagon, got back on, fallen off again, etc.,etc. and I'm back on lol. I'm 261.4 lbs. nude, my goal is 40 lbs. down by this time in September/2017. Now this was a delusional goal prior to me making the firm decision to keep my calories under 1900, and more like 1600 combined with a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise a day (which I aim to do EVERYDAY, since the beginning of this month I've only fallen short about 4-5 days total). Exercise is important to me, but I also realize exercise alone can't get me out of this situation, it will take good old fashioned calorie counting...again .
I bought some sandwich ingredients, lettuce, tomato, etc. and I am aiming for 1600-1900 calories daily. God helps those, who help themselves. It is important that we take care of ourselves the BEST we can, as oppose to cursing our situation, wallowing and giving up. This doesn't mean starvation, it means moderation, it means paying attention to what you're eating, not paying attention is what got us here. You're worth that, and so am I, so on that note that is my personal goal.

ETA: I have a bad habit of letting self-doubt derail me, stop looking down, just keep moving forward towards what you want, let's do this together.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 05-23-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #419  

I'm doing well, but the scale isn't moving as quickly as I'd like. I didn't exercise yesterday but I will today & I came in at 259 lbs. (yesterday it was 260.2 & the day before 259.2). So far I've missed about 6 days of exercise this entire month, pretty good .
Old 05-30-2017, 03:54 PM   #420  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Great Job on not giving up and keep trying! Also, Great Job on the exercising!
I finally got back on my food plan after being off for quite along time, like months. Then the first week I'm back on I went out to eat on Sunday and cook out on Monday. But I'm going to keep trying too. If I can have more good days than bad I'm making progress. I have been exercising some but have a hurt ankle so not getting much cardio in. Just a little walking and recumbent bike at a slow speed. We Can Do This! Good Luck on Your Goal for September!

VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote