Old 04-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #271  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Candidcamster on doing good on Your eating plan yesterday. Awesome weight loss! I almost don't recognize You in the older picture. Keep Up the Great Job! I sometimes have a good scale weight and then binge.I don't know why I do that. Weekends are the worst for me. I need to try just counting calories and stop carb cycling for awhile. I can have like 2600 calories on Sunday. But end up doing bad on both Saturday and Sunday.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Sometimes success can be scarier than failing for some of us, so we sabotage ourselves @VickieLou. I am fighting for my 7 days on track (we're on day number 6), but I just had half an avocado, 2 servings of vegan mayo (Just Mayo in sriracha, it's very good but high in calories 90 calories per serving, so about 180 calories on mayo alone yikes), 1 serving of Tofurky and 1 slice of Ezekiel Sesame bread and 1 1/2 slices of Alpine Valley organic Multi-Grain Omega 3 bread, it was delicious, but a little too good if you know what I mean. Sometimes when something tastes "too good" it can be overly tempting, and I am bad about telling myself no, I'm like my own spoiled child lol. Right now I am having some So Delicious brand no sugar added Coconut Milk chocolate ice cream with strawberries & blackberries. I am going to give myself a little "break" on calories for today and aim for 2,000 or less calories so I don't hate myself tomorrow. lol
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #273  
Don't Give Up!

Smile

Candidcamster Keep Up the Great Job! I put on 4 Lbs over the weekend. If I don't want my husband yelling at me I need to at least get back to last Saturday's weight or better. I feel guilty for bingeing but he's like the food and exercise police. I do pretty good with the weights but need to do more cardio.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #274  

VickieLou thank you and I know this might sound funny, but those 4 lbs. will melt with a few days back to your normal healthy eating, coming from a fellow binger that is why I try to avoid the scale after a binge episode because I know it isn't "real" (something to do with water retention and glycogen) unless you're slamming 10,000 calories a go or something , which I seriously doubt . Take this next bit with a grain of salt but if it demotivates when your husband or anyone else gets too involved in your weight loss process, please set him/them straight because for me when someone tells me I "can't" or "shouldn't" have something it makes me want it more. I know we all work differently, but it would sabotage me in many cases because I feel like it is my body and my life even if it is counterproductive in the long run it will make me eat the thing I am being criticized about either in public or private.
On that note I wanted to share a silly picture *warning strong adult language * that makes me laugh, I showed it to my mom who is one of my biggest food critics and she got a kick out of it.

About me, today will mark an entire week on track it has been awhile since I've been able to say that. If I get hungry later and most of my calories are gone, I may turn to fruit or veggies, but darnit I will get through today. Oh and tomorrow marks 26 months since my weight loss journey began, this is certainly the most amount of time and dedication I've put into my personal health, and I am truly thankful for it all, the good, the bad and the beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kardashians.jpg (37.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Candidcamster; 04-12-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #275  

I wanted to share a few motivational pictures that have been of inspiration to me throughout this journey, hoping these inspire you as well @ everyone reading this -

Last edited by Candidcamster; 04-12-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #276  

Hi everyone yesterday went well, and today I came in at 225 flat, which for me (as of late) is awesome! That said I have a little anxiety to confess - As mentioned in a previous message sometimes when I hit a "low" or "lower than expected" or "high" weight they will affect me in different ways but to the same result: binge eating. I am extremely serious about not doing that this time. I want to get out of the "h3ll" of this current weight class (I say "h3ll" because for me, I am not happy w/my current weight class and have been stuck here for the past few months, if not higher *sighs*, especially having been about 10 lbs. from the elusive Onederland it is hard to be here). All that said, I am still extremely appreciative to be here! lol I know it could be SOOOO much worse, as I've told myself time and time again, especially when my weight was lower than it is now (like back in the 2-teens when I would try to comfort myself) and I feel like I am walking a fine line between being kind to myself and keeping myself down by not trying harder and having bigger expectations of myself.

Today and for the next 7 days I want to fight and be vigilant about staying on track and not immersing myself in "yolo" (you only live once) irresponsibility with food or binges. I have felt a change in me over the past week, and a determination I haven't felt in a long time. I'm still scared though. Luckily for me, I have no plans to go out until the weekend (going out for me = temptation and access to poor food choices) . I haven't participated in OA in a handful of days, I want to reach out later tonight to help reinforce my anti-binge mentality. Thank you all for reading, I am truly blessed, I have had many difficult and painful things in my life, more than some, and less than others, but I am still here in a under 300 lb. body and coming from where I came from that is my personal miracle. God bless, stay strong, let's get through the next week without regret! <3 XOXO

ETA: Today marks 26 months/2 years and 2 months since I began my weight loss journey! Also I have to confess I cheated on my goal reward of buying a black Bebe shirt for staying on track for the remainder of the month. Bebe was having a sale last night, save 20% off their regular priced apparel and I couldn't resist lol. I bought a black double v-neck logo shirt in a size MEDIUM (yeah I am ambitious like that lol, seriously I am hoping it fits because the fabric is stretchy and the large could have been more body conforming imo). I was just watching a video on Youtube by one of my favorite V-loggers "Big Fat Life" she's got so much great information btw highly recommended, and the video was about setting goals. One of her goals was to fit her wedding band again, for me it is to fit into ALL of my jeans again. I love my new leggings and sweatpants trend, but I don't like that I can't wear most of my jeans anymore, so that is my goal. Hoping to be there by this time next month, here's hoping let's do this!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 04-13-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #277  
Don't Give Up!

Smile

Candidcamster on Your Anniversary and Your Weight loss! Thank You for the motivational encouragement. I especially like the one about seeing what we gain. I should like at the positive like weight loss instead of what food I have to give up. I reached Onderland on 7/29/2015 and have still yet to get into the 180's! Good Luck, on Your continued weight loss. Let's keep our eye on the goal.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Just came across this tonight...I've enjoyed reading and look forward to following your journey. You are a true inspiration!
Sassypants75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #279  

Thank you VickieLou and you're where I'd LOVE to be right now lol, you're doing great! I know you want to get to the next decade but it is such an accomplishment just to be where you are. For me, I learned to get to the next decade I had to change some of the behaviors that was keeping me in that decade. When I was stuck in the 240's I did Leslie Sansone Walk at Home and that got me to the 230's when nothing else worked. I keep my calories on the higher side (usually a minimum of 1,800 and I try to stay under 2,100) which often means I will lose weight slowly if at all, but when I am really obsessed I'll cut my calories by a couple of hundred (like around 1600) and cut back on bread and that has helped in the past.

Thank you so much Sassypants75! I appreciate your post, it made my day! Congratulations on your weight loss by the way, you're doing terrific!

Today I came in at 222.8 nude (I know I shouldn't be weighing daily again, but the scale calls me when I wake up lol), super thankful to God for this weight. I am also planning to do some grocery shopping over the weekend and I want to pre-plan my dining out plans on the weekend to maintain my weight and not turn it into a "cheat day".
Old 04-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #280  

Yesterday's calories 4/15/2016 were 1,920 which is on track for me. I've been looking at this old mfp before and after pictures link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en...ss-stories/p33 , and it actually inspired me to go out for a walk. I did some kneelifts a few times too, and picked up the pace and sprinted because a guy in a truck made me feel uncomfortable. He might have just been lost but he was creeping alongside so I hightailed it back home . I walked about a good half hour but to be safe I'm going to log it as 22 minutes on mfp. I had a higher than usual calorie breakfast, and will sty on track today keeping it under 2,000 calories.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #281  
Don't Give Up!

Red face

Candidcamster You will get to the 190's before You know it. on staying on track with Your calories. That guy creeping along sounds scary. When I was in Florida I had a guy in our apartment parking lot motion me over and like a dummy I went over to the car. He said something not very nice. So I have been keeping my distance if someone acts suspicious. I learned some self defense from our health teacher in high school. But it's been awhile. I should take a class or look on the internet.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:29 PM   #282  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

You're doing a fabulous job! You are quite the inspiration! I have no doubt you will make it to onederland soon. Keep up the great work.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:31 AM   #283  

VickieLou that is awful, it sucks because it would be great to be sociable but some of the more "outgoing" strangers use their power (I use the term "power" as I'm a very shy person myself) to be pervs or abusive period. I typically ignore the person when someone other than a woman tries to talk to me from a vehicle. BTW sidenote I hurt my ankle from that day because of how out of shape I am lol, seriously add that to my reasons for working this weight off.

Thank you Steelslady, it is definitely a struggle for me. I began this thread nearly a year ago and sadly I am probably registering around 10 lbs. or so higher than when it began, this is after losing and then regaining, and losing, and regaining, you get the picture. I struggle with a food addiction, but the bigger thing for me was the depression issues that hung around me during the colder months, I am just getting from underneath it, but bad habits are hard to break. I will stay in the ring, but you'll probably see me get knocked out a few times lol.

Now on that, I had about 10 great days of abstaining from binge eating, then 4 nights ago happened. I went grocery shopping, and my freezer was overloaded with food (I buy a lot of frozen food) and I didn't want to "waste it" so I binged to avoid throwing some of it away...Stupid I know, but I am being honest. Then the day after I avoided binging but I still went significantly over 2,000 calories. Lastly yesterday I binged super hardcore: Target's cartwheel can be a friend or foe, in this case it was a foe, I bought I tin of Veggie Chips (think Pringles but more natural), some chocolate peanut butter Snappers pretzel snacks, and a bunch of other things I can't remember at this time, and I binged super hardcore (not like 1,000 calories over, more like 3,000 or more it was bad). Anyhow today I've been back on track, that is better than "slashing my other tires because 1 has a flat " (people who look up weight loss inspiration quotes are probably familiar with that one), and I am closing the night out at 1,935 calories. I want to try to avoid the scale for another week or so, we'll see. In the meantime I'm still here, still fighting, still counting my blessings, this coming from someone who never wants to be 300+ lbs. again, ever. It is essential that I and you keep going in spite of the counterproductive, stupid, passionate, impulsive, self-destructive things we did yesterday or today, you're bigger than this, and you'll overcome it.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #284  
Don't Give Up!

Red face

Candidcamster on staying with in Your calories yesterday. Sorry to hear about Your ankle. Get Well Soon!

I'm shy too. I just plan on keeping my distance if any one stops in a car near me when I'm walking.

I'm down a little with my weight. But still a struggle when my husband keeps reminding me how I keep re losing and gaining the same weight. I told him I'm kind of maintaining. Right now I'm under a lot of stress. So I need to tune out his constant criticism.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:19 AM   #285  

VickieLou I'm sorry for the delay, I haven't posted because my eating has been very poor for the past handful of days. *grrr* Planning on having a good day today, taking it one day at a time...