Old 02-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #226  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Candidcamster - just wanted to check in and say you're doing great! I'm glad that you're posting a little more often.
TGIF!

Last edited by TrixieCatLAX; 02-19-2016 at 12:23 PM.
TrixieCatLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:58 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Thank you TrixieCatLAX, it's thanks to all of you ladies that helped pull me out of my feeling of helplessness. A problem shared is a problem cut in half as my uncle used to say <3.

Here is my log for February 19, 2016-

Calories for the day: 1,758
Exercise: none
Weigh in: 222 flat (nude)
Mood- determined

Last edited by Candidcamster; 02-20-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:28 PM   #228  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

CandidCamster You are doing Great! Thanks for the suggestion about TOPS, I use to go but then went to weight watchers for awhile. I'm doing Chris Powell's carb cycling and counting calories. My husband bought me 21- day fix and I plan on starting that next month.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:03 PM   #229  

Oh I just looked him up after reading your post, I like him he is great on that extreme makeover weight loss show. I've never seen it on tv but I've watched some of it on YouTube, for some reason I didn't know his full name.

Proud moment recently : yesterday I went to Chick Fil A with my mom for breakfast and more than that to take advantage of their fast free internet , anyhow I had one egg and cheese biscuit sandwich with a water. That was it! I usually have 2 plus hash browns, and while I'm not big on Orange juice at home it is the sort of environment where I'd have some, but nope. So to anyone with a food addiction you probably understand, it was a big deal for me.

I did stay on track yesterday, my calories were 1,901 with a zevia grape soda (I know sodas are bad, but since it's "natural"...) and veggie burrito for dinner.

No weigh in for yesterday, no exercise except trying on clothes lol. I tried on a pair of size 16 Angels brand junior jeans which didn't want to fit but I forced them lol, finally zipping and buttoning them, not my style so I put them back. I also tried on a pair of Wallflower size 15 boot cut jeans, they fit comfortably and were cute but too long plus I'm not really into boot cut. Btw Kohl's is having a great clearance sale in store 20% off the already marked reduced price.

Today's weigh in was 221.2 lbs., 21.4 to Onederland, I'm hoping to be there by mid-July of this year, it is a huge deal for me, this hasn't been an easy journey, especially as of late, but I'm getting there, and will make it I'm determined of that. Xoxo

Eta:
Calories for February 21, 2016 were 2,280
No exercise, and as mentioned my weigh in was 221.2.
Funny things happened today, I was feeling really good about myself and my future getting back on track (though granted today was a high calorie day ) and I was hit on twice! Two different stores, it was funny and flattering but shocking because with my weight gain I haven't been feeling very attractive. I used to poopoo people saying "confidence is key" when it comes to the law of attraction, but today really proved me wrong. I was feeling good and I think that sent out certain vibes that perhaps I wasn't sending out at 213 lbs., I've seen some girls much smaller mention they weren't hit on until they lost weight. I think the weight loss gave them a mental/emotional boost that they lacked when for whatever reason they weren't comfortable at their former weight. If that makes sense? In other words you can radiate more confidence going from 350 to 300 than a woman who is consistently 200 lbs. but uncomfortable in her own skin.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 02-22-2016 at 01:42 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #230  

I'm a fan of Extreme Weight Loss w/ Chris Powell. He is a goofy dude, but he is compassionate and really gets the process. You know, I was just reading about carb cycling, VickieLou, in this great book called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. It's something that physique competitors do in order to keep their bodies a bit confused so that they don't go into "starvation mode." My husband and I are going to start doing that right away.

Candidcamster - WTG with not ordering the hash browns at Chik Fil A. With places like that it's particularly challenging to avoid falling into the comfortable things one always does, like ordering 2+ hash browns. Great accomplishment!

I'm glad that you had some reminders that you are a beautiful lady. You know, I've personally found that that saying about confidence is totally true. Even on an episode of Extreme Weight Loss my husband remarked that this one guy Michael was married to a beautiful (but chubby) woman and that it is absolutely because he is a confident man. Stay confident by always remembering how strong you are - it will shine through!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Candidcamster, congratulations on your wonderful weight loss! You have done great! I did WW for a while and it helped me, but I couldn't afford to keep going and couldn't do it without the meetings. I would love to join a Tops group, but I'm chicken. LOL I think you can go to the first meeting free to see if you like it. I just googled TOPS and found their website, then you put in your zip code to see if there's a meeting in your area. It costs way less than WW.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #232  

Thank you Trixie & Wannabehealthy, I have bad news, good news and better news:

Bad - Yesterday started promising, but I ended up on a mini binge (I say mini because it could have been so much worse but as it was one of the victims was a plastic bin of cookies at Whole Foods lol) I would guesstimate my calories at 4,000? Yikes I know.

Good news - yesterday I weighed in at 220.6 which was good for me as I was slipping into the 230's over the past several weeks. Then I binged which I thought would dampen my recent success, but today on the scale I came in at 219.8 for being back in the teens lol.

Better news - I joined Weight Watchers yesterday Monday February 22nd, 2016 and I'm so excited, and planning to do good work this week. I am allowed 34 SP a day, 42 weekly bonus points, and they go quickly with sugary processed foods even if said food is low in calories, bummer lol.

Eta - I'm talking to a friend will update later lol brb.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 02-23-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:25 PM   #233  

Hi, Candidcamster - Everyone slips up, and sometimes we slip big. Just last weekend I had a binge-y day at Disneyland after doing soooooo well the preceding three weeks! It was crazy bad. I estimate that I ate/drank 7000+ calories. Maybe closer to 8000/9000. I got hit bad on the scale and have been dealing with the aftermath ever since!

I'm so glad that your weight is looking good, right now! That's heartening.

I've heard good things about Weight Watchers from friends of mine who went on the program. Best wishes! You're doing great.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #234  

Trixie I meant to message you earlier but thank you for your post it was so helpful. I've binged for 2 days in a row, and today was going to be day no.3 but I threw out the Gardein veggie sliders (not as healthy as they sound! Lol) I was planning to gorge on. I'm thankful for that, one thing I hate about binging (really most poor decisions) is when we give up our free will/power of choice and accept our fate. It doesn't have to be that way. If I even stopped 1 binge, that could be a unwanted pound I avoided.

Food so far -
2 single serve bag of almonds 420 calories
2 cups of Apple sauce 160 calories
1 breakfast burrito 240 calories
1 pear 100 calories
1 package of roasted seaweed 60 calories
2 servings of Oatmeal 300 calories
2 servings of frozen peaches 140 calories
Dinner was a lot of crappy choices ack, hopping back on the wagon tomorrow.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 02-27-2016 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #235  

So for the past handful of days I've been eating poorly/abusing food. About 4 days ago I hit 219.2 lbs. But now I'm near the 230's again. If I visit Weight Watchers I won't be weighing in. I know the power to move past this is inside me, I'm going to take some time to figure this out. Thank you everyone
Old 02-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #236  

Food and points so far -
2/28/2016
Strawberries 50 calories/0 SP
Pear 100 calories/0 SP
Seaweed 60 calories/1 SP
4 eggs 280 calories/8 SP
2 slices of bread 140 calories/4 SP
2 servings of butter 200 calories/10 SP
1/2 onion about 34 calories/0 SP
Box of Annie's fruit snacks 350 calories/sp unknown ATM
Half Pizza Hut personal pan pizza cheese from Target cafe 300 calories/sp unknown ATM

Btw not exactly eating conscientiously, just logging.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 02-28-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #237  

Hi, camster - I'm sorry to read that you've had done not-so-good days, lately. Everything about what we are trying to accomplish is hard. I just had a great talk with my husband about how difficult the last few weeks have been for us in trying to restrain ourselves from making poor choices. We basically agreed that constantly making great choices is impossible. Making good choices 90% of the time is more realistic, but is also really hard.
It's definitely doable, though.
Based in what you've accomplished so far, I know that you can do it!

Let this past week remain in the past. That's my advice.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 233/222.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Candid. I'm rooting for you. Sometimes following these strict plans are hard. You can do it!
debest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:28 AM   #239  

Aww thank you Debest! I'm sorry for the delay, I've been going through a rough time lately. I wish my problems were just weight loss related but they are not. While I'm doing better emotionally I'm realizing my food issues/weight gain are not "the problem" they are a symptom of other issues in my life. I always thought if I lost weight that would solve all my problems, not understanding that I gained weight because of my problems. I'm not fat just because food tastes good, as I told someone recently, I don't drink or do drugs, I eat when I'm depressed. It does something for me, emotionally, mentally, physically and that is the issue I need to overcome. I joined Weight Watchers and I've gained weight, not because the program doesn't work but because I was trying to fix a symptom (overeating) instead of dealing with the cause (depression). Sorry just venting/not sorry if it helps someone else going through this. Me saying all of this is not an excuse to stay down, gain more weight, etc. But the more I understand myself the more likely I am to improve, and that is what I want.

“It's not the load that breaks you down - its the way you carry it”
Lou Holtz quotes (American Football coach, 1937-1980)

Last edited by Candidcamster; 03-03-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #240  

You know, I recently had a breakthrough, myself. Knowing your truth is an amazing step forward.