Old 03-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #1  
300+ Chick

Thumbs up 800 Calories..Anyone Care 2 Join Me??

I am fed up on not going anywhere on my efforts...I had started a very low calories plan with smoothies only, fruits and a few veggies that I like..well, cheated and had chicken thighs, chips,cheesecake and chinese food for dinner. I weigh daily and losing/gaining the same 2 Lbs ..

So Friday will do my darnest on my plan....3 fruit/veggies smoothies plus a choco banana smoothie for a 1 snack that will equal 800 calories. I choose this because I can not exercise much. bad joint pains.

Anyone can join me and I will do my best to post on here for each 200 calorie smoothie I will make.

I am struggling so much and this is my only hope...I weigh 406 and want to be 370 by summer time!!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:39 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Good luck. But you can go higher than that, eat real meals and not exercise and still lose weight fast. It might be easier, trust me.

Get some salads in you with some lean protein like eggs, fish or chicken. That will stop you from getting too hungry.

I agree exercise can wait. I waited until I hit about 220lbs. But you can eat more than you plan to and still lose fast. Just eat smart.

800 calories on smoothies alone will be tough.

Go for twice that with real, healthly food. Big salads, lots of lean protein.

Going too low makes it hard not to cheat.

Last edited by IanG; 03-19-2015 at 11:45 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/185/135

Height: 5'2

I agree with Ian that some protein will make 800 calories (assuming after talking to doctor, that's pretty low?, no?) much more satisfying. Right now you're just eating fiber and sugar.

36 pound mini goal, you can do it!
LettuceDoThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

Thank you both for your kind comments..

Morning ...Grapes/Strawberries smoothie.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I agree with Ian in that whole foods and a higher calorie count will give you the results you want and will be so much less miserable! If you try to restrict too much, you can binge (like you described). That being said, I tend to settle around 800 calories most of the time, but I stay away from too many carbs (including fruit) because it triggers my hunger.

A menu idea could be:
B: Veggie and egg white omelette with or without a bit of light cheese with center cut or turkey bacon or turkey sausage on the side = about 200 calories

L: A cup of broth based soup and a small salad with light dressing = about 200 calories

D: A bowl of zucchini noodles with meat sauce and romano OR a meat or fish/veggie stir fry OR a bowl of chili OR crack slaw, etc = about 200 calories

If your goal is to stick around 800 calories, the above totals 600 and you can add in 200 calories of snacks. Again, I think you could go much higher than that, but I'd urge you to take a look at the volumetrics thread LINK to find ways to eat really big meals that are super filling without being too calorific.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #6  
300+ Chick

I am doing great so far..in between, been drinking black coffee...and was busy during lunch...so now as of a snack, choco banana smoothie packet..I use water than milk..and it curb my cravings.. I am enjoying this and my slip up yesterday of my binged eating was from boredom/stress...

My medical doctor gave me the go on my method...since I do not do diet pills or surgery...She allow me to do this..in fact..she told one thing, to avoid junk foods, all breads,rice, pasta, potatoes...and want me to be at 900..so am kinda listening to my doctor's orders.

I am gratefull for all inputs..views on your comments...Thank you...but am doing good so far!!
Old 03-21-2015, 09:05 AM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Lilian I do not agree with your doctor.

I do not even agree when they give a person who is extremely overweight a 1200 calorie diet either.

An extremely low calorie diet is very hard to stick to and they wind up binging because they are not eating enough.

I also agree with IAN.

Have you tryed doing a 2,000 calorie a day diet?

At your weight, you could eat 2,000 healthy calories and lose weight.

When you eat junky foods, it makes you want to eat more junky foods.

Your body needs proteins, carbs, and fats.

Last edited by Jasmine31; 03-21-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:49 AM   #8  
300+ Chick

I did not post here for suggestions on my efforts....My low calories is working on me and I am doing great...I was looking for buddies, not asking for any help..everyone doing what works for them.

I will get back on lurk mode now...and not sharing my efforts. I am not a dummy on weight loss.. In the past had lost weight on a low calorie with slim fast shakes..now am using smoothies, .,..It works for me.

Take Care all,,,
Old 03-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #9  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Lilian,

There are some people who are on an extremely low calorie medically supervised diet and it may work for them.

These people are under strict medical supervision though and are getting protein and other necessary nutrients in shakes and what not.

They do not just eat fruit and veggies.

Even so, eating at this extreme could harm their health or their body.

If they manage to white knuckle their way through it, and lose, they need to transition to maintenance and go back to eating in a healthy way.

If they just go back to what they did before they will gain it all back plus some.

Eventually they will need to learn to eat a healthy balance of carbs/proteins and fats.

You started the thread off saying you have trouble with binging as it is. So I am not sure that would be a good plan for you.

Some people may lose weight cutting calories drastically. But it could also be very harmful to their body.

I was trying to be helpful and offer an alternative.

I wish you the best of luck in your efforts to lose weight and to keep it off.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #10  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

800 calories? I would be in prison because I hanger'd out and murdered people. I would up your calories to 1800-2000 a day. Or, just try to consciously pick lower calorie meals and not worry about counting at all. Eat when you're hungry. Like the hint of a rumble hungry. And just stop when you've felt like you can go for a few hours without eating again
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

I've seen some questionable weight loss practices, but it is fairly subjective because everyone's body is different, and we don't know someone's medical history, etc. . While I agree with a lot of the cons shared, it is Liliann's decision and if her doctor approves that is the final word in the matter. I know you didn't ask for advice Liliann but from my personal experience if you're in the 200+ lb. club like me, your body can usually handle over 1200 calories (heck even over 1500 calories) and lose weight without added exercise. For me I've averaged around 1800 calories with little to no exercise (if you add all the times I've worked out over the past year it would probably add up to less than 2 weeks or just about) and lost a little over 60 lbs. . I am now finally getting serious about dropping my calories further, because my weight loss has been crawling along for the past 2-3 months (this is partially due to some binge incidents that have taken place in that time frame as well). What you're doing kind of reminds me of weight loss surgery patients, I am not super informed about this issue but from what I understand when you undergo WLS you're on an extremely limited amount of calories which is a huge contributor to the rapid weight loss. I found this link http://www.carolinasurgical.com/cms-...food-plan1.pdf (it appears to be a hospital site, so I hope it is ok to post), and they mention patients consuming 800 calories and up post surgery. If it works for them, then it may be ok. If you find it is too little, please don't feel bad, just up the calories, it isn't for everyone.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #12  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

maybe try cycling your 800 calorie days with 1200 and 1500. I will cycle one 500 calorie day into 5 1200 and one 2000 calorie day that has a surgery "cheat snack" in it
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #13  

Height: 5'0"

I am doing Bob Harper's Jumpstart To Skinny plan. It's 800 calories per day (plus unlimited amounts of certain non-starchy veggies). With the veggies, I probably hit 900ish calories per day. His plan is meant to be done for 3 weeks only. He also only permits starchy carbs for the first meal of the day. I am re-setting and starting Week 1 today. So I'll join you!

My typical day looks like this:

Breakfast: 1 egg plus 3 tablespoons of egg whites scrambled with vegetable (typically spinach, asparagus, pepper/onions, or zucchini). 1 slice toasted Ezekiel bread.

Lunch: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 small apple

Dinner: 3-4 ounces lean meat and unlimited non-starchy veg (usually spinach, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts)

I snack on lightly steamed asparagus and roasted cauliflower. I also permit myself one 100 calorie snack if needed (almonds, string cheese, etc.).

Sometimes I fast through breakfast and combine my first two meals into one.

Breakfast is 200 calories, lunch is 200 calories, dinner is 300 calories, and snack is 100 calories. It helps me to have a list of 5 different breakfasts, lunches, etc so I can just pick something from the list.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I'll bite, if you want me to add in my meals today:

Breakfast: 2oz boneless skinless chicken thighs (highly spiced with a dry rub), and an overeasy egg.

Lunch: 1 cup of rice/lentil/split pea/vegetable soup

Dinner: Likely 4 oz of the chicken thigh above over a romaine and kale salad with mushroom, cucumber, and TJ light champagne vinaigrette.

All of this comes to 609 calories, so I may have a cup of homemade soup - I keep so many varieties frozen - tonight if I'm hungry or some popcorn.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

goodluck. i really hope it works for you
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote