3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Calorie and fitness counter apps! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/295424-calorie-fitness-counter-apps.html)

PatLib 05-01-2014 05:03 PM

Calorie and fitness counter apps!

Right now I am using My Fitness Pal and Run Keeper to track my food intake and fitness goal but I'm really tired tracking my runs in the Run Keeper and having to manually input it into My Fitness Pal to keep track does anyone have personal experience with fitness app they would like to share?

EllyM 05-22-2014 12:03 PM

I just downloaded an app to my phone yesterday. I've been playing around with it for a few hours. It seems pretty cool. It has a calorie counter, exercise search tool, little milestone rewards, and you can even find partners on there to lose weight with. I'll play with it for a few days and let you know what I think.

EllyM 05-31-2014 10:47 AM

The apps I've been playing with the past weeks or so are MFP and Arise. I'm kind of digging the Arise app a little better. I can keep track of calories and my workouts. Plus it's interactive, I can challenge other people for a week or month or whatever.

It's amazing how helpful smartphones are now for losing weight. I have my calorie counting apps, my pedometers, and my menu planner, all in one place.

seaurchin 05-31-2014 02:28 PM

I like endomondo for exercise and myfitnesspal.com. They sync together where you don't have to do anything manually.

Sindaena 06-01-2014 02:21 PM

I use myfitnesspal and loseit for calories and both automactically sync with my runkeeper and my withings scale. MFP also sync my withings pulse data, but loseit has all those challenges I love so I haven't been able to commit to just one yet.

Try configuring MFP to get your runkeeper data automatically in the apps section. :)

EllyM 06-02-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sindaena (Post 5014925)
but loseit has all those challenges I love so I haven't been able to commit to just one yet

I'm with you, I love the challenges on Arise. They're a great way to stay motivated. It's kind of hard to slack off for a day if you know the person who challenged you is staying true to calorie counting and exercise.

nancylmrn 06-13-2014 10:26 AM

I have been using fitbit and mfp they sync up nicely

Rambo923 06-15-2014 12:39 AM

I've been using an app called fatsecret and I really like the interface, although those challenges sound interesting!! I might have to experiment with some others to see if I like them

EllyM 06-16-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambo923 (Post 5023896)
I've been using an app called fatsecret and I really like the interface, although those challenges sound interesting!! I might have to experiment with some others to see if I like them

The challenges are a lot of fun. I've met some great friends on there and we do our little daily, weekly, monthly challenges together. It's been great for motivation and support.

AngiePelletier 06-29-2014 05:31 PM

Where can I get one of those cool trackers y'all have on your profiles?

Madison81 07-05-2014 01:38 AM

I love the "LoseIt!" app. It just seems to be the most simple one for me to use.

fatnoe 07-26-2014 12:02 AM

My app is Diet Perfetct Tracker with really huge meals database. But it run on Windows 8 devices.

choices 08-02-2014 04:25 PM

fitbit review/questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancylmrn (Post 5023030)
I have been using fitbit and mfp they sync up nicely

Hi, I'm rarely seen around here,but that will soon change. I'd like to know how you feel about the fitbit thingie…if it helps record calories/distance walked etc. and if it's sort of easy to program for a non-techie person. Thanks so much.
~choices~

Koshka 08-02-2014 05:34 PM

I use Fitbit with myfitnesspal.

Choices - Fitbit is really easy to use.

I also use a heart rate monitor. When I use the heart rate monitor it talks to my iphone Digifit app. Digifit then talks to Fitbit. So the combinations works really well.

StarvingPoet 08-16-2014 07:05 PM

I've tried several and MyFitnessPal works the best and is the easiest for me. :)