Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hello, my day was filled with delicious veggie burgers, this morning I weighed in at 288 lbs., and I'm hoping it's a little water retention and not fat retention lol. Anyhow my calorie goal is 1780 for 1 & 1/2 pounds of weight loss per week (for my sedentary lifestyle) according to myfitnesspal.com, here's what was on the menu -

For breakfast - I had an Organic Apple & 1 serving of Roasted Almonds (wasn't really hungry after noticing the .2 lb. weight gain) . However I did have half of a 100 calorie Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate bar, I don't want to starve after all lol. Total calories for breakfast 340.

For lunch I had a Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories but I also added a Vita Top Carrot Cake muffin top which brings my lunch calories to 560.

For a pre-dinner meal I'm having a Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories.

Finally for dinner I'll be having (4) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) and Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top 425 calories for dinner.

Thank you so much Katerina11 , I hope to reach 286 lbs. (fully-clothed lol) by May 30, I really hope to make it by then!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 05-21-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 164/pregnant/128

Checking in with 1,265/1,300. I was so hungry this morning that I ate all of my calories before 11 AM, so I'm trying to take it easy tonight with some tea. I'm still not hungry from my breakfast, but I have the impulse to eat because it's been 7+ hours since I had food in my stomach.

Food Today: Egg sandwich w/ 99% fat free ham/mozzarella cheese/butter/lettuce on whole wheat bread, peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, almond mink/kale/yogurt/cherry smoothie, coffee, 1 large peach. Total calories 1,265
Old 05-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

hey candidcamster, i see you're into pretty healthy foods and stuff. i have a friend who has a goat cheese farm near houston and he shows up at farmers markets in that area, if you ever run across them, they are SO LOVELY to their goats. the wife is a vegetarian and christian is a full on sweet pea.

anyways it's blue heron farm...
http://blueherontexas.com/
See us at the Farmers Market!

Tuesdays: Houston Farmers Market, Rice University Stadium Parking Lot, 3:30 -
7:00 pm

Saturdays: Urban Harvest Farmers Market (Eastside), Richmond at Eastside, 8:00 am
- noon

3rd Sundays: Home Sweet Farm Market Days, Brenham, TX. 2:00 -4:00 pm.
More info on our links page. (Market not held every month)

Last edited by katerina11; 05-21-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #244  

May
date - weight - calories - macros - exercise
15. 228.8 - 2,227 calories - 194 carbs 81 fats 210 protein - rest day.
16. 227.2 - 2,230 calories - 148 carbs 100 fats - 185 protein - 2.5 hours conditioning
17. 223.4 - 2,404 calories - 176 carbs 98 fats 199 protein - rest day
18. 225.0 - 2,308 calories - 219 carbs 124 fats 131 protein - rest day
19. 225.0 - 2,145 calories - 142 carbs 94 fats 174 protein - squats bench kettlebell 2 hours 40 minutes total.
20. 225.2 - 2,217 calories - 166 carbs 112 fats 144 protein - active recovery/conditioning 1 hour total
21. 224.8 - 2,090 calories - 105 carbs 124 fats 151 protein - 3.25 hours bench press, deadlifts, rack pulls, kettlebell snatches and clean and press, and BURPEES blech!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #245  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
Hello, my day was filled with delicious veggie burgers, this morning I weighed in at 288 lbs., and I'm hoping it's a little water retention and not fat retention lol. Anyhow my calorie goal is 1780 for 1 & 1/2 pounds of weight loss per week (for my sedentary lifestyle) according to myfitnesspal.com, here's what was on the menu -

For breakfast - I had an Organic Apple & 1 serving of Roasted Almonds (wasn't really hungry after noticing the .2 lb. weight gain) . However I did have half of a 100 calorie Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate bar, I don't want to starve after all lol. Total calories for breakfast 340.

For lunch I had a Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories but I also added a Vita Top Carrot Cake muffin top which brings my lunch calories to 560.

For a pre-dinner meal I'm having a Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories.

Finally for dinner I'll be having (4) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) !
Wow, Trader Joes sounds amazing! We don't have any where I live but they are building one which is supposed to open in the fall. It will be so crowded I can't imagine going for a while. My DD goes to school in NYC and she always shops there. Even though she has to take the subway she says it's worth it. I'm going to Ca this summer for several weeks to visit DD (she has an internship there for the summer) and I just checked and there is a Trader Joes close by!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:42 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone - I'm new to Calorie Counting. I love these meal threads - gives me new ideas! I use My Fitness Pal.

1607 used 1791 allotted

B - grilled cheese and broccoli sandwich and one egg
L - 6" Subway Club
D - 2 Beef & cheese enchiladas, 1/2 c rice
Old 05-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #247  

Hi Katerina11 , thank you so much for the info, a few years back I was super interested in farmers markets for fresh organic fruit and veggies but didn't find out much about it so I abandoned the idea. I appreciate the info, my mom and I can visit next month.

Hey CalCounter1003, I love "T.J.'s" as they call them in California , it definitely helps making healthier choices easy vs. a regular grocery store where I am going to encounter hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, etc. . It also helps that their prices tend to be MUCH cheaper than my beloved Whole Foods. I hope you have a great time in California!
Old 05-22-2014, 07:20 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Candidcamster - what part of Houston are you in? We are North of Houston and sell our beef at Farmer's Markets In the last few years, Farmer's Markets have become more common place. If you'd like, I can send you a list of all the markets in and around the area. Most happen on the weekends, and a few are on weekdays.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #249  

Ahem, attention! 10 pounds til goal weight. Carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
I am trying to read as much as I can and get tips on how to become one of the small percentage of people that keeps if off! I'm very motivated, still walking six days a week and entering food into MFP. I am actually about six under my goal and I went shopping today and can wear size eight. I've never been an eight. A couple times I lost enough to wear a ten but I would immediately gain it back and be in 12s which I was fine with. I don't want to lose any more, just stay right around this 144 that I'm at. I'm eating around 2000 or a little each day and I may increase a little more if I lose any more. The school year ends (yay) in a few weeks and I have a really crazy summer traveling so it will be a learning experience for me to eat not at home all the time, and not doing my usual exercise.
You are an inspiration!!! I love keeping up with you on MFP. I will be at goal soon (I hope, of course!) and my biggest fear is stopping everything I've been doing and gaining it all back because that is what I've done before. You are making me realize I can do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
(Sorry about the Bad Word....my thesaurus didn't provide a good substitute phrase that would convey all the feelings of anger, disregard, flippancy, and rebelliousness that are conveyed in that little phrase. Yes, I did consult a thesaurus. One can learn a lot from consulting a thesaurus.)
The F word is my favorite word. Noun, adjective, verb, and when I feel creative, even an adverb. It's perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottington View Post
Beach was a lot of fun, got to try out my new bikini I felt a little self conscious in it though, but got over it
Bikini bod isn't even a goal of mine...I feel it's so unattainable! But it's probably not; it's just that we are so hard on ourselves! You look awesome! Glad you got over your self-consciousness and rocked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
Hi everyone! Well I weighed in again today (nude lol) and I am still 287.8, which is fine, as I told a friend I'll be worried if it doesn't go down in a few days. My calories are slightly lower on myfitnesspal *sighs* lol, they went down by 50 calories. So I am now at 1780 from 1830, and here's what I had to eat (I am over by 155 calories).

Breakfast - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured). Total breakfast calories is 560.

Lunch - Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, 2 tbsp, Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun and Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top for 425 calories.

Snack - Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, 2 tbsp, Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun. Calories 325.

Dinner - (4) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Milk Blue Cheese Crumbles 1.5 oz., 1/2 a bar of Trader Joe's 100 Calorie Mini Milk Chocolate Bar and Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top 625 calories for dinner.
I love your meals! Are we friends on MFP? We need to be! And I only weigh myself first thing in the morning, stark naked, after I pee, and preferably after I poop. I hardly ever go very first thing in the morning (usually need some coffee to move things along) so I hardly ever weigh in!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

1bighog-Yay! Congrats to you! And thanks! I don't really think the "bikini bod" exists, I've worn one at all sizes(oddly though I'm most insecure about wearing one now :P) I think as long as a person is confident and wears a nice fitting cute suit, then they have a "bikini bod"

texscapper-Welcome!

Katarina-Look at you rocking the exercise!

oxalis-good for you staying within your calories despite eating most your cals in the morning!

Candidcamster-love me some T.J.s

Novus-good job staying within your goal!

Intake was up yesterday. Had a meeting where it was a build your own cake type of thing(so slices of plain cake with sides of whip cream, berries, nuts, chocolate chips, was a cute idea actually). I by-passed the cake and whip cream(since those would kill me ) and instead had a small plate of chopped up strawberries, blueberries, almonds, and pistachios. And no one said anything which was the best part bc normally people get so nosy! But yeah I ended up getting a migraine later and nausea followed by intense physical hunger pains at night. It was a weird eating day and I think I had around 2000 calories, though I'm not sure bc i couldn't measure what I had at the meeting. I did get my hike in yesterday at least. Today I need to do my strength training and I'm hoping to get on the bike too. Despite my awful eating yesterday I'm down 1lb today.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #251  

I haven't been here in years but I'm going back to counting calories. I just decided in the last week to try to cut my wine to min once a week, if that. That always gets me in trouble with snacking. so her is my calorie plan today.
Breakfast 250
coffee with almond milk
scrambled 1 whole egg and an egg white with mushrooms spinach and red bell pepper 1/2 tbls olive oil and 1/2 a whole grain English muffin. and a cup of green tea after breakfast
Lunch 339
canned chicken 1tsp dijion mustard and 1/2 tbls mayo 6 triscuit crackers
English cucumber and a tomato with red win vinegar
Dinner224
bonless skinless chicken thigh cooked on grill garlic kale cooked in 1/2 tbls of olive oil
I might have greek yogurt with blue berries and sliced almonds for snack 176

with a total of 989. That seems low so i'll probably add a snack any ideas.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottington View Post
1bighog-Yay! Congrats to you! And thanks! I don't really think the "bikini bod" exists, I've worn one at all sizes(oddly though I'm most insecure about wearing one now :P) I think as long as a person is confident and wears a nice fitting cute suit, then they have a "bikini bod"
This reminds me of what my skinny, trying to gain weight, almost 17 year old daughter (uh, that feels weird typing that out--don't feel old enough for that!) says. Our family is planning a beach vacation in August and my husband has been obsessing about getting himself "beach body ready" and my daughter says, "Here's how you get a beach body: you take your body and go to the beach." LOL I love her!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 164/pregnant/128

Thanks Dottington!

Checking in with 1,300/1,300 calories today. I had 200 left and decided to make homemade "ice cream" in the vitamix, which is basically almond milk and frozen strawberries blended together. It's pretty good!

Food Today: 2 scrambled eggs with mozzarella cheese & 1/2 a small avocado, wasa crackers w/ two tins of tuna & mayo, coffee, a few bites of yogurt, a bowl of chocolate & strawberry almond milk "ice cream." Total Calories: 1,300
Old 05-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #254  

May
date - weight - calories - macros - exercise
15. 228.8 - 2,227 calories - 194 carbs 81 fats 210 protein - rest day.
16. 227.2 - 2,230 calories - 148 carbs 100 fats - 185 protein - 2.5 hours conditioning
17. 223.4 - 2,404 calories - 176 carbs 98 fats 199 protein - rest day
18. 225.0 - 2,308 calories - 219 carbs 124 fats 131 protein - rest day
19. 225.0 - 2,145 calories - 142 carbs 94 fats 174 protein - squats bench kettlebell 2 hours 40 minutes total.
20. 225.2 - 2,217 calories - 166 carbs 112 fats 144 protein - active recovery/conditioning 1 hour total
21. 224.8 - 2,090 calories - 105 carbs 124 fats 151 protein - 3.25 hours bench press, deadlifts, rack pulls, kettlebell snatches and clean and press, and BURPEES blech!
22. 224.8 - 2,221 calories 244 carbs 82 fats 139 protein - 500 yards sled drags +200 lbs.

totally wiped out today. could do nothing else. ate french onion soup and two pastries at a little cafe and then slept for four hours. all my muscles are shaking their ham fists at me.

1bighog congrats on the weight loss!! also your daughter sounds awesome.

dottington are you following a particular diet? i am sorry about the migraine. those are terrible to live with.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #255  

Hey everyone, I weighed in at 287.4 lbs. (nude again) but I have been having PMS like cravings so bad tonight (it's not my pms time so no idea what is going on). I just had dinner (cereal & milk) and I want more . My calories to lose 1 and a half pounds a week is 1780.

Here was my day -
Breakfast: Organic Apple & 1 serving of Roasted Almonds for 290 calories.

Lunch: Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 550 calories

Pre-Dinner meal : (5) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) for 380 calories total.

Dinner: I was craving cereal so I had Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured) around 270 calories.

Snacks were Vita Top Carrot Cake muffin top for 100 calories + 100 calorie Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate bar for a total of 200 calories.

Texscrapper hiya , I am in the Southwest part of Houston close to Stafford/Missouri City. I'd love some more information thanks so much!

1bighog I am Candidcamster on MFP same as here, if we're not already friends please feel free to add me! The same goes to anyone else who needs a fitness pal, I'm not a tough love kind of person but I will definitely cheer you on and want you to feel better on bad days. BTW Congratulations @ 10 lbs. to goal how does it feel? Has it sunk in yet?

Dottington I know right lol, they make eating healthier so much easier. Very fortunate to finally have a few locations in the Houston area let me tell you.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 05-22-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Closed Thread