Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #106  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well howdy again, all.

I have been sucked down the drain in a vortex of work and stress. I've climbed back up and I'm hanging onto the edge with bloodied fingernails. I hope to find the energy to climb out of this hole and into the sunlit, grassy field tomorrow. We'll dance then.

There...I posted something. Avoided burdening you with a too-personal and whiny description of what has led me to this horribly grumpy and disappointed-in-myself state. Garrr! almost a whole month of it! But I will do better than last year, when this state lasted from feb to nov. I WILL ACHIEVE MY GOALS!! ....hope so, anyway....

A whopping 1510 calories today....but I counted and recorded!!! 150 days of counting and recording and 8 days skipped. Sackcloth, ashes, and wailing tomorrow for the 8 holes in my Excel spreadsheet.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:28 AM   #107  

Height: 5'7"

SeeMyFeet, sorry you are in a grumpy mode.
Just keep counting the calories. Even if you are over, it's okay. There are times when we have too much stress to diet. I've had many of those times, usually children related or work, or MIL. Or all of the above at once!
But look at how much you have lost already. If you keep on tracking it will help. You will get back on track! If possible take walks, just 10-15 minutes will help your mood!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #108  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

FleurDeLis - Thanks for your well wishes I got 3 wisdom teeth taken out and have been eating nothing but baby food and mashed potatoes/avocados/bananas and smoothies. I hope your DH gets through it quickly and has a fast recovery! It's funny that you mentioned that - my DH is also always the one to take of me since I get sick more often than he does. He's been sick twice since we've been together and he didn't want me to take care of him since he felt like he could do it on his own.....men Good job staying within calories while still eating out! That's awesome!

SeeMyFeet - Get up, dust yourself off and kick some arse! You can do it! At least you're back to counting, that's always good! We're here for support

--

Ended up not being able to eat the brown rice pudding. I tried but mainly ate around it. So total calories for yesterday: ~1292
Old 04-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #109  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Howdy again!

Pretty good start to the day, scale-wise. Down 0.5. Much more "bloat" to get rid of, but I think I have my head screwed on again. Yes, tracking is the key...for me, anyway. I started noticing I was developing tinnitus, so I stopped taking all vitamins, etc, and played around with diet. Lost focus along the way....and still not sure what's causing this or if it will go away.

Thanks for the kicks and well-wishes. Sometimes I just get down in the dumps about how little I accomplish in life....in every arena of life, not just weight loss.

Well, ha, in the progress in life area....when DH and I were first married, I took care of him when he was sick all the time. I had to be tough back then, because he was a grumpy whiny/baby. Now the shoes are on different feet! He's tough as nails.

Well, I broke my 100 day no-alcohol streak the past 2 weekends. Time to start another austerity program.

....circling the pool....sticking my toes in the water....psyching myself up for a big inhale and headfirst dive into the pool....
Old 04-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 227/178/140

Height: 5'6"

I am attempting to stay at 1200 cal a day but that doesnt always prove easy. Today i have logged everything i will eat and i am over by 52 cal....not a huge deal but going over a little everyday adds up.........
Old 04-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #111  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hoopty- I'm the same way. I get sick so much more than him. It's going to be weird!!!!

Seemyfeet-Nice job on the.05 down!

Emily-While it does add up, be thankful you stayed so close to your number. If you think about your day, I'm sure there was some sort of exercise you did where you burned 52 calories!

Ran errands today. Stopped at a new Subway by my house to see if they had the veggie patty sandwich. Of course not... :/ So ironically I settled for a philly cheesesteak. I'm not a vegetarian, I just think the veggie patty is delicious. My sandwich came in at 680 calories with all the fixins and the sauces. It filled me up really well too. High protein and just a lot of meat on it in general.

720 cals left for the day. DH and I are going to a young adult group at our church tonight. There will be "refreshments." I have no idea what that will include, but I plan on steering for the healthier stuff. Won't have an exact cal count for the whole day, but I'm doing really well with my portion sizes now so I feel confident I can survive such social gatherings!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #112  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

UGH, my willpower went to the toilet tonight at the young adult group. They had this mexican food. It was like a mexican pizza I guess. At first I told my husband we should split one, they I thought ah, this doesn't look like that much. And I wouldn't say it was gigantic but I sure did feel stuffed after eating it. Luckily it looked pretty healthy. Tortilla, refried beans, chicken, lots of lettuce. I should have stopped eating halfway through, but I didn't. Then I had some taco dip and some chips as well.

So glad I went for a run today, hopefully the calories weren't insanely over the mark.

Tomorrow is a new day, no more dwelling over tonight.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:08 AM   #113  
Breathing.

Hello everyone

Yesterday's calories: 1499
I'm a little scared about going back to work tomorrow and adjusting my calories. It's not helping that I still can't chew anything so I'm gonna have to plan my lunch for tomorrow very carefully. I am not allowed to eat any dairy so that makes it so much harder.
Also, I'll be burning a lot more. I ride my bike there and back which is not thaaat far (2.85 miles) but considering the fact that I sat on the couch for a whole week - it's definitely something! And - I stand and walk at work. No sitting other than during my 30 min lunch break.

--

FleurDeLis - A little slip-up, it happens I doubt you went crazy over your calories, your sodium intake was probably higher than usual which could obviously result in water retention, but I'm sure your run helped tremendously! On to a brand new day

emily2585 - 52 calories is really not that big of a deal. That's 364 calories a week which, again, is really not that much, at all. You'll burn that off by going for a run and doing some exercises

SeeMyFeet - Tinnitus? Oh no, how annoying!! Have you been to the doctor's yet?
Old 04-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #114  

Monday 1013/1500 (414 calorie burning workout)

My birthday is on Friday and I'm going out of town this weekend for another one of my daughter's dance competitions. I didn't start my diet for a few months because of dance comp season and tons of traveling which means tons of eating out. I knew I'd be discouraged by working hard all week just to ruin it over the weekend, every weekend. I finally started calorie counting when we had a big 7 week gap between traveling and now it's time for the next out of town one and I'm not afraid to eat out! I know I will not ruin anything, even if I do end up splurging.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

2 lbs up, 2 lbs down, 2 lbs up, 2 lbs down . . . I seem to be stuck in a cycle I need to log my food everyday. Lately, I log my food for a couple of days and then I stop for a couple of days. I will try to be more consistant
Old 04-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #116  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

Hoopy- Yes, I'm so glad I went for a run yesterday. Definitely made me feel not soooo guilty, though I still did. I'm back on track today though and feel great.

1bighog- It's so great when you can feel confident in eating out. I have done great the last few times we have eaten out. For the first time in trying to lose weight in my life, I truly feel like I'm making a lifestyle change. Before it never seemed like that to me.

Abbyin- Logging my food helps to keep me so accountable. Plus, I'm able to more easily remember what I've eaten and how much more I need to eat each day. Even if I don't get the calories counted, I still right down what I've had. If I went a little overboard, I can look to that day for motivation not to do it again.

I've had a great day so far. Cottage cheese, a banana, and a salad with italian dressing today. Around 300 calories so far.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #117  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Height: 5'3

Today is the first time since I started that I went over my limit - not by much, but still - 1238/1200. Although I haven't eaten dinner yet (I always record before I eat), so there's no reason I can't take something out. But I'm really hungry today, which is unusual for me, so I'll just have to squeeze in some extra cardio before bed!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

1275 calories today. I almost ordered Pizza Hut pizza tonight. Debated on it for about an hour but decided to eat what I had here at home. Baked chicken breast, sweet potato and peas. I was full after that and glad I didn't order the pizza. Glad I made the smart decision
Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
1275 calories today. I almost ordered Pizza Hut pizza tonight. Debated on it for about an hour but decided to eat what I had here at home. Baked chicken breast, sweet potato and peas. I was full after that and glad I didn't order the pizza. Glad I made the smart decision
I had almost the exact same dinner! Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas.

I've been in pain today (lower left abdomen)...I think it's just my diverticulosis flaring up. Hope it doesn't last long.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:34 AM   #120  
Breathing.

Good morning

Yesterday's calories: 1384
I actually went grocery shopping for the first time in a while. When I carried all the bags upstairs my whole face started hurting and I knew it was time to relax for a moment. That only goes to show that I am definitely not even close to ready to go back to the gym But it's okay, I'll wait. I have 5 more days until the stitches get taken out.

I aimed for 1500 calories but couldn't quite make it. Wasn't too hungry for dinner yesterday. I was full and satisfied and I think that's what matters.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Hoopty; 04-30-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Closed Thread