Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Yesterday ended at 1696 plus did a 60min walk outside at 4mph.

Going on a long hike today. Also thinking of taking a maintenance break for 2 weeks in July(like when I'm on my backpacking trip). Anyone else done a maintenance break before? What was it like?
Old 06-27-2014, 02:54 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 232/172/160

Height: 5"11

Yesterday I ate 1100 and jogged/ran 3 miles. I got on the scale 200.4...Almost to onederland!! I really wished today that I didn't always weigh myself with my clothes on!

Good luck everyone!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, good news and bad news-
Yesterday I went below my goal for the 4th of July and made it to 277 lbs. (nude , btw the goal was to hit 278.4 lbs.) lol, and am super happy about it. However the bad news is yesterday I had an emotional binge moment after being PO-ed about a shopping trip that didn't go as expected (it doesn't take much w/me, and it's a fave store). So I am back on track today, but yesterday my MFP food journal reads like a scandalous novel lol.

My calories for yesterday was somewhere like 3,000 plus *YIKES*. Today I am aiming for around 1780 which is my prescribed calories from MFP to lose 1 1/2 lb. per week. Also after my recent weight loss the site prompted me to change my calories from 1780 to some unknown number because I declined ) , I am happy where I am for awhile. I can't imagine being lower at my size & appetite level. I do want to incorporate some exercise soon which has been the missing component from my journey thus far.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 06-28-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #409  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Dottington - I have never done that before..do you wanna do it to kickstart your metabolism? I think it sounds like a good idea! Has the scale moved yet? To answer your question..I have never taken a scale break. I weigh-in every single day because I like to see how certain food or workouts affect my weight. I get really excited for weigh-ins It's frustrating to see the number go up after a splurge day or a binge but it's nice to see it drop a lot after being on plan again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! How is your weekend going?

Candidcamster - CONGRATS GIRL!!! That's awesome! Keep it up!! Don't worry about yesterday, you're back on track and that's what counts

--

I had a high-calorie day on Thursday, ending the day at 2144, which was still just under maintenance. Yesterday I gave into PMS cravings (late at night, ugh) and ended the day at around 3500. Today is our splurge day and if I don't eat any more then calories are 3252. I have 2 more birth control pills for the month, then TOM will arrive and my PMS is STRONG this month, holy cow. My emotions are going crazy and my cravings are so bad We just came back from the grocery store and I am happy that I didn't buy any more junk food.
Also, I haven't been to the gym in 3 days which is a long time for me. I told DH to please help and support me tomorrow if the cravings come back. I need to eat healthy and stay focused.
My brother's graduation party (really fancy party!) takes place in 2 weeks and I've decided to stay on track until then which means no splurge day. He bought me 2 dresses, both are long, one is mint-colored + one shoulder in size 36 and the other one is baby-pink and has 2 thin straps in size 38. I haven't tried them on yet as I will be picking them up on Monday but I like the mint-colored one better. However, I doubt that I will fit into it unless I stay focused, eat healthy and work out these next 15 days.
I weighed-in at 138.2 lbs again yesterday morning and I'm hoping to hit 137 lbs by next Sunday. I know my weight will be up from all the splurging for a bit (I weighed-in at 139.8 lbs this morning and it will be much higher tomorrow!) but I am ready to spend a few extra hours at the gym this week!

Last edited by Hoopty; 06-28-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 232/172/160

Height: 5"11

Onderland at last and my BMI is just "overweight". 18 pounds to "normal"...baby steps..
Old 06-30-2014, 01:15 AM   #411  

Thank you so much Hoopty! I haven't weighed since Friday (waiting for the evidence of my binge to fade lol) but I've had two good days since, so I'm feeling great. My non-scale victory (NSV) for today was that while I am normally a 24/26 (from my 300+ lbs. days) I actually managed to squeeze into a size 20 pair of jeans & denim shorts at Kohl's tonight *WOWee* lol. Now a disclaimer is that Kohl's clothes in general are larger than most clothing stores (I've occasionally been able to fit a xxl straight/traditional sized item at Kohl's) but that is still an accomplishment as I am sure 30 lbs. ago I wouldn't have been able to.

My calories tonight were around the 1780 mark, which is my target (I say around because even though my fitness pal claims I was 75 calories under, they don't know about the handful of blueberries I devoured earlier) . I ate a few sweets, including the full-fat mini cup of Haagen Daz coffee ice cream which came in at 220 calories & 15 grams of fat , it was delicious and I sprinkled it with some organic cinnamon from Target (with the hopes it will help me lower my blood sugar). Which reminds me I need a little of my apple cider vinegar water before bed, thanks for reading everyone! <3
Old 06-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #412  

Hoopty-You can totally stay on plan for these next two weeks! I bet you'll look hot in whatever dress you decide to wear My weekend was chaotic but fun. Yeah, a few people have suggested I take a maintenance break to restart my metabolism since I've lost so much and my body seems determined to not lose any more, but I'm really not sure. I would be DEVASTATED if I gained during that time so I'm just not sure how to proceed.

Candid-Awesome job on making your goal! You must feel awesome with making your goal and fitting into smaller sizes. Think of how far you've come already!

k15g15-Yay! Fantastic on getting into onderland! You are SO CLOSE to your goal!

I didn't have internet this weekend since I was helping my bf move into his new place and internet hadn't been set up yet I had a wonderful weekend though, lots of fun with my brother and bf. We were really active too. Spent 5 or 6 hours sat morning moving stuff up and down stairs. Then went to the beach and played in the waves and walked around a little. Then Sunday did a lot of walking in LA going to the Science Center at Expo Park and out to eat at one of my favorite vegan places in Echo Park. It was fun, I know I went over calories but bc we ate out the entire time(since kitchen isn't really functional yet) I have no idea by how much. I just ate till I was content, I didn't stuff myself. Just tried to be intuitive about it all and not worry, just eat normal.

So I step on the scale today and....143. I'm so disappointed. Really?! How am I up 5lbs?! I'm so frustrated! This is why I can't take a maintenance break. This is going to take a week or two to get off. I've worked so hard and I didn't lose anything for June. I'm sorry to rant, but I'm really frustrated/disappointed by this.

Ugh. Today I'm probably going to do 1 hour of cardio and aim for 1400.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #413  

I've been on break for awhile...still counting calories/working out but slacking on the counting bit. I went to Branson for a week with one of my daughters and gained 4 pounds, it's taken me almost 2 weeks to get 3 of those pounds off. Next week is a trip to Florida by myself (looking for a house) and while I plan to be busy, it's yet another week of eating out and missing workouts.

One of my lasts posts was about my shrinking boobs...I finally got fitted last week and I went from a 36DDD to a 36C!!!! I mean, do I even qualify as a woman anymore??!!! (Totally kidding, I am in love with my new boobs!) I haven't been a C cup since 5th grade. Heck, I ended up a DDD after a breast reduction! While I've been dropping pants sizes like crazy, my top has remained the same until I got new bras. Everything fits different now.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #414  

1BigHog-Glad you're loving your new boobs Mine have shrunk a lot too, but I'm not as happy about it That's great that you've managed to lose almost all the weight from your trip! Its so important to know that you can easily get back on the wagon after taking a break.

Calories yesterday were 1725 and I did 90 min on my stationary bike. It was a hungry kind of day. I've decided to lower my calories and do what I did in April when I had a lot of success which was keep my net to 1200-1300 every day. At least for this week that is. Next week when I'm gone backpacking I'm not even going to worry about calories since I'll be burning so many. Today I'm aiming for 1230 net again. I don't have any exercise planned.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #415  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

1bighog - Househunting in Florida?! In the summer?! Gah- it's too humid for that! Drink plenty of water. And best of luck finding a sweet abode.

Yesterday is the first time I've gone overboard with protein in a long while. Seriously! That never happens! I tend to overdue carbs! Anyway- I did log in at 1,793 calories yesterday. And burned 600 calories on the elliptical so overall it was a good one.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #416  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Double post- I know. Yesterday was a good day though! Total intake of calories was 1,553, and I managed to kill off 500 calories on the elliptical. Don't think I'll be bikini ready for another month or two, but I feel better at least.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #417  

lildazed-You're doing great! Good job sticking to your goals and getting in exercise haha I double post all the time and have no shame about it

Yesterday came in at 1237. Wasn't too hungry, but didn't do anything active. I was busy all day though from 6:30-10pm. Had the dentist, then event planning for a camp I'm working for, teaching, then planning for the backpacking trip. Ugh, making up the menu/recipes/shopping list for the trip took 3 hours! But we will be eating well. Those packaged meals are so expensive and not very vegetarian/gluten free/dairy free friendly so I'm making my own packaged meals. I'm actually very proud of my work Today I'm getting extra ingredients from the store and tomorrow I'm packing/making up the packages. We leave sunday! I can't believe its almost time already

I might do a little cardio tonight. Taking it really easy this week so I'm completely recovered/rested for the trip. Calories will be around 1200 if I don't work out and 1500 is I do.

Last edited by Dottington; 07-02-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #418  

Getting a little quiet around here...how's everyone doing? Anyone have fun plans for the holiday weekend? Any food related struggles this weekend?

Yesterday I ended at 1477 and wen on an 83min walk. So far the lower calorie is going well this week. Obviously its easier to eat lower calorie when I'm not exercising 2-3 hours a day.
The scale is being much more kind this week. I know after I get back from backpacking it will be all sorts of weird from the water retention. Not looking forward to that haha
No real plans this weekend aside from my determination to acquire rollerblades and head to the beach. I'm heading to my boyfriend's tonight. Eating will be mostly around maintenance this weekend to carb load for the trip.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #419  

Hey Dottington, I've been eating right but my weight has been at a stand still grrr lol. I weighed in today with my clothes and Iwas 278.6 lbs I really wanted to hit 276 tomorrow, but I think I'll have to wait until next week. I have a little more than 3 weeks until Memphis and I hope to be 272 by then. Today my calories were around 1535. I'll report my weigh in tomorrow happy indepence day everyone!

By the way you look awesome, your pics are so motivational!
Old 07-04-2014, 01:45 AM   #420  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm still here, just having the hardest time getting back on track. I've been overeating like crazy TOM finally got here yesterday and I'm hoping that I'll stop being so emotional with everything soon. I also always get really bad headaches right around TOM which means I haven't been to the gym.
Oh, by the way, both dresses fit! The size 36 (6) one zips (yay!) though I probably shouldn't breathe in too deeply or else it'll pop open I'm not sure which one I'll wear. With the way I've been eating.. the dress won't fit me for long..

Dottington - I'm glad the scale has finally moved for you! I loooove rollerblading, haven't done that in ages though. Is your bf all settled in yet?

Last edited by Hoopty; 07-04-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Closed Thread